PDA

View Full Version : GT artwork "Hit of the Year"

Red Bull
29-04-2009, 11:28 AM
Hi All,

thought you might be interested in my latest piece of artwork. I've called it "Hit of the Year", and the finished painting measures approximately 80cm x 50cm.

The colours in real life are somewhat more vivid than what you see below.....dunno why but the digital camera I used has made it appear a bit washed out.

Anyway, I'd be very interested to hear your thoughts on this painting.

In the near future, I'd like to produce a small number of prints of this painting, so if you want to see a higher resolution copy, or have any queries, then just send me a PM.

Thanks,
Angus

Newestkid
29-04-2009, 12:23 PM
Absolutely awesome

Teachnthekids
29-04-2009, 12:35 PM
As above - sensational work! Let me know if you are going to produce the prints.

Ta
rob

A_DIFF_PERSPECTIVE
29-04-2009, 12:43 PM
Very Nice.

Marlin_Mike
29-04-2009, 04:03 PM
one question.....how much for a framed print off the painting?

Serious

Mike

Da-Jew-Man
30-04-2009, 05:00 AM
Red Bull yo have TALENT

:D

bennykenny
30-04-2009, 05:36 AM
yeah would be very interested in a print, look awesome!!!

jtpython
30-04-2009, 05:42 AM
Thats some incredible work. Intense
JT

Red Bull
30-04-2009, 09:33 AM
Cheers fellas, nice to know genuine fishermen like yourselves think something of it. As you could imagine, a fair bit of time went into this, both the composition (which I felt required a somewhat more realistic setting than some of the fishing art I've seen) and the actual process of putting down the colour, which was a precision exercise in itself!

Mike I have PM'd you mate. Anyone else interested in prices should PM me as well.

Cheers
Angus

fishyfrost
30-04-2009, 01:16 PM
love it amazing work mate

Tangles
30-04-2009, 08:23 PM
simply wonderful,

, great stuff and a great talent you have together with perspiration!,

Well you asked for comments and couldnt help myself, i tried something quickly in photoshop with the eye direction, also would a hint of water or bubbles from the lure and lower fin, add to the action and tie it together?

please dont take it as a criticism

have you seen the work of this guy?

www.albertoponno.com

cheers
Mike

Red Bull
01-05-2009, 09:06 AM
G'day Aigutso, no criticism taken mate. To be honest, I don't see a noticeable improvement there, but I can certainly appreciate what were are trying to do. Thanks also your kind and encouraging comments mate.

Cheers
Angus

Pistol_P
01-05-2009, 10:29 AM
Angus,

Mate like I have said AWESOME work.
I will let you know about getting me a print.

Check out what it would look like with a nice frame around it.

http://i340.photobucket.com/albums/o326/PeterMorris_Photo/HitoftheYearLR.jpg

Red Bull
01-05-2009, 10:40 AM
good work Pete, although I'd probably have a white matt between the frame and the border of the painting. Nonetheless, looks damn good mate!

snipe
01-05-2009, 09:55 PM
Ginger calf, lovely work for a half blind boy with a hankerin' for over proof rum.

Rack me up for one.

RB, searchin' too

Red Bull
04-05-2009, 05:51 PM
Thanks Bob. Yeah, to think half the painting was done while consuming Bundy, the artwork might as well be bloody sponsored by the big white bear.

Good idea mate, placing an order for a print there, I have been caught a little off guard by the levels of interest for this piece of work.

Anyone else interested should swing me a PM as soon as possible to secure a print too

Cheers
Angus

groverwa
04-05-2009, 07:43 PM
Red Bull - consuming Bundy eh!!!!

For those of us who dabble in the painting arts - we seem to get better results with a bit of flow medium - mine happens to be real beer i.e. Emu Bitter

Mike

Red Bull
12-05-2009, 10:01 AM
Hi All,

Just letting you know the prints of the above painting have now been produced on a top quality acid-free archival paper, and to be honest with you, I am stoked with the quality. Having never done print-making before, I was not expecting such top-shelf results. :o

Anyway, each of the 50 prints are to be signed and numbered by me. ;) If you'd like a definite price, swing me an email:

iidesign@ozemail.com.au

Cheers
Angus

Little grey men
15-05-2009, 10:50 AM
Love it mate. I could imagine what those blues would look like in real life. That painting would POP. The way you've painted the water in fantastic. I look at it and feel as though it's moving. A great piece.

Owen
16-05-2009, 07:24 AM
Awesome work!

snipe
18-05-2009, 06:26 PM
I picked one of these prints up from the bull on the weekend. Can vouch the quality and finish are both superb - they come highly recommended. Mine will be getting a frame and taking centre stage in my fishing room / study. It looks really good blown up in life size!!!

Red Bull
22-05-2009, 10:17 AM
Hi Bob, glad you like it mate. Certainly the painting has a fair bit more impact in real life than it does as a small image on a computer screen.

For those wanting to know more, other examples of my work can be found here:

http://www.printrooms.com.au/angushulme/samples/portfolio.html

Thanks
Angus

snipe
07-07-2009, 09:04 PM
Ginger Calf, quick post of the trevor in its new home - very happy with it mate. Keep em coming

Rgds

Bob

Spot82
22-08-2009, 06:49 PM
Hey mate, very awesome work! If you still have any prints could you shoot me a Pm with a price

Anthony

Red Bull
25-08-2009, 10:10 AM
Thanks Anthony, PM sent mate :)

I do have a few left, so anyone else interested should swing me an email: iidesign@ozemail.com.au

Cheers
Angus

Bandit1
24-09-2009, 12:12 PM
Thanks Angus absolutely awesome work mate looks stunning.

Cheers
Bandit

Red Bull
25-09-2009, 11:23 AM
Cheers Bandit, fantastic that you are stoked with your purchase mate!

Ta
Angus