PDA

View Full Version : What is it with these people?

kingtin
29-04-2009, 08:25 AM
The Star reports, with pictures, 11 dead stingrays, including big leopards, with their tails cut off, left to die on Shorncliffe pier! Also shown were dead herring and mullet. Next thing we know is that fishing will be banned on here also.

Forget the lame morality of "no dobbing'. If you see these bastards performing, dob 'em in!

kev

Benno1
29-04-2009, 08:28 AM
some ppl just have no respect for their enviroment tho Kev...its the "who cares" attitude..."ive got what i want so stuff it...cheers for the heads up on this mate...sad to hear...

Mrs Benno1
Sunny

Donny Boy
29-04-2009, 08:46 AM
Is anyone pointing the fingers of assumption in any particular directions, Kev ?

Cammy
29-04-2009, 09:34 AM
Ive seen it all to well kev, have been out there when they have pulled them in cut tail off back out within 5 mins, terrible. A number of times

Cam

kingtin
29-04-2009, 11:05 AM
Is anyone pointing the fingers of assumption in any particular directions, Kev ?

Nobody in particular but it seems that it was done at night as they were discovered by a cop, of all people, in the early hours. If it was done at night, then perhaps kids can be ruled out partly because of the time of perpetration and the fact that it would have needed heavy gear to bring 'em up as they were all big buggers.

There's a particular group of "noisy" sharkers that go on there regularly who use wings as bait, and no doubt, they'll be being watched from now on.

It's just a shame that it ruins all our reputations, and the fact that early morning walkers down there are invariably the elderly, and amongst them, many influential locals is particularly bad for them to be greeted with that sight...............I sense a petition may be in the offing from them :-[

I stopped going in the night and the early hours, as over the years I sensed the animosity growing from the early morning locals.................I'm guessing that due to my winter "night time attire" ;D that I may have looked somewhat like the idiots there that come down to fish after the pub shuts. The decks are often strewn with jellyfish and toadies, left by the cast netters too. It's been like that for some time, but seems to be getting worse of late.

Leaving the rays there, seems to be a deliberate provocative act.

kev

kokomo
29-04-2009, 12:16 PM
disgusting.....

Mr__Bean
02-05-2009, 05:24 AM
I used to quite often walk that pier with my German Shepherd of a night, not only is the shark group loud, but hey make a big mess at the end of the pier.

They cut up the ray flaps and roll and tie-wrap them up like a tied roast with their big hooks in them and then go ahead and pour tuna oil all over the place as they try to get it to soak in on, all up it makes a big mess on the pier.

I have to say though that it isn't just at Shornecliff, the brand new Woody Point pier is now getting mistreated by fisho's too.

From what was a fantastic pier with all brand new tabled areas, all nicely painted in a fresh white look, I now walk along with the many others and look and the blood and guts left all over the tables. Dried out fish guts all over them.

Not a good look for fisho's unfortunately.

- Darren

Blaster Bretty
02-05-2009, 06:25 AM
Yep have to agree, its time for the council or coppers or whoever has the power to install CCTV on those pier's, to cancel fishing altogether on those pier's is an absolute joke to all who are responsible fisho's, im sure if not the fisherie's police then maybe the RSPCA can prosecute these egghead's doing this!

Bretty

Pretzil
02-05-2009, 09:09 AM
i highly dislike people who kill for the sake of it, you either kill and look after the flesh and use it for bait or you eat in, you shouldnt just kill because you caught it. everybody picks on the poor stingrays, ive seen people over at moreton and they just go round with their hand spears, spear them bring them in and jus leave them in the shallows to die. it pisses me off so much!!! and if killing them isnt bad enough people could still get hurt by them in the shallows!

ashh
03-05-2009, 02:33 PM
the brand new Woody Point pier is now getting mistreated by fisho's too.

we walked down there with some friends around 800am one morning and the end was full of bogans on the piss trying to fish, not a good look for fishos OR the area thats for sure, glad I live where I do and not up there :-X

red rock cod
07-05-2009, 06:54 PM
Thoroughly agree with Mr Beans comments. As a fisherman I felt ashamed at the way Woody point pier is being left. I wouldnt blame the council if they banned fishing from there.

Mossy247
07-05-2009, 07:43 PM
Yep those kids are a bunch of tools I was fishing one night with a few mates and they go and light a bloody fire in the bin, we were having a few golds and thought it best not to get the police down here so asked them "nicely" of course to "put out that bloody fire"... I think a few of them need a good punch in the face :p but a CCTV is a much more people friendly option.

snasman
07-05-2009, 08:56 PM
I,ve been down there alot of late chasing prawns and since this episode the fisheries and coppers have also made very frequent visits good to see in a way as the riff raff as kept a very low profile,but as it has been suggested banning fishing or at the very least castnetting was mentioned to me from a council worker who also made a night time visit,the story he told me was one morning when the cleaners went down to clear the bins there was that much rubbish and dead fish left on the pier they photographed it and sent off letters of complaint to the local council members ,heres hoping the a few dead beats dont spoil it for the rest of us.

Foxy4
07-05-2009, 09:01 PM
Wonder what would happen if they were to accidentally fall in of the pier while landing one off them?? Maybe a little shove in the right direction would be useful?