PDA

View Full Version : Timi's Charters 27/28 April

TimiBoy
29-04-2009, 06:39 AM
Headed off on Monday with just Mumsy and me on board, for a pleasant day outside. The wind blew it's ar$e off, and I lost a heap of tackle drifting across the reefs making 4.5 km/h with the 'chute out. Only bite I got was on a knife jig, when I got bricked by a Russian Sub. A sorry experience, with lots of swearing.

***Reset***

Headed of Tuesday with Tropicrows, Wags and me for a pleasant day outside. The wind blew it's ar$e off, and we lost a heap of tackle drifting across the reefs. Two Tuskies came in at the 7's, though. We were only drifting at 2.5 km/h, made all the difference. Pretty dead there though, and lots more tackle gone. Up to a couple of spots on the 35's and a couple of squire in the box. Nice.

With the wind abating aaround lunchtime, we headed North looking for action. A few drifts at Square Patch watching John Gooding's crew hauling in Kingies with livies had us very jealous. WHERE THE HELL DID HE GET THE LIVIES??? Tropicrows demonstrated his disgust by heaving his guts up over the side, in full view of the Goodings Charter. Some amusing comments were forthcoming from both boats. If the Lost in Space Producers had heard Bruce chucking, they'd have used his noise as one of those cheesy monster roars. You know, the one you hear when the fluffy suited bloke with the cardboard mask and big, pointy teeth comes out from behind a papier mache rock, waving his arms around, but not actually approaching Dr. Smith, who is cowering behind Will Robinson, shrieking "we're doomed" while he feels up the crack in the back of Will's pants... but I digress!

So we decided to try knife jigs. With Bruce sitting under the canopy with Death's hand on his shoulder, Wags started ripping away as I gently bobbed my jig. BANG! Wags was on, and up came a good Kingy. I started ripping and BANG too! Two more drifts and we had our bag of Kingies, one over 6 Kg (Wags), and a couple over 4. Nice fish, but not 10 Kg :-[. An undersize (65cm>:() AJ came up too.

Hard work, but came home with a wet sail. It was wierd coming back in, about 5 k's out from the bar, suddenly it glassed out. A bit of chop, then glass. There was a line where it changed. Eerie, it was. Like there was a big spaceship under the water, come to collect Bruce, who had, by that time I swear, actually thrown up a piece of his lung... Danger! Danger! Danger!

Oh, and there was lots of swearing!

A few more pics will come, when Wags gets his sh!t sorted.

Cheers,

Tim

lethal098
29-04-2009, 06:53 AM
you always tell a good story timi thats for sure, at least you got a couple of days on the water, at this stage i would give an arm to get out, i have had 2 offers to fish in the last 3 days but staffing shortages makes it hard to leave the office. cant wait to see the pics. cheers Lee

TimiBoy
29-04-2009, 07:21 AM
you always tell a good story timi thats for sure, at least you got a couple of days on the water, at this stage i would give an arm to get out, i have had 2 offers to fish in the last 3 days but staffing shortages makes it hard to leave the office. cant wait to see the pics. cheers Lee

What sort of staff are you short of? I know a few good people...

Cheers,

tim

finga
29-04-2009, 07:28 AM
It was the burley that did the job.
Good on you Bruce. What a trooper :D
I trust you fellow's fed him some more salad rolls so the burley supply stayed consistent.

You forgot to mention the leatherjacket :(
Oh wags. Have fun with the rehab lady today

I would also like to publicly say to those on Timi's charters yesterday....your all a bunch of ba$tard$.
They had the gall to ring me when they were out fishing. Barrstarrds >:(
At least they did not send a picture message I suppose :-/

thelump
29-04-2009, 07:54 AM
Well done on the fish. Those Kings make a bad day good. Sorry to hear about the missing lung. If you give me the GPS marks around where it exited the body I will make a concerted effort to find it this Saturday;D

Benno1
29-04-2009, 08:19 AM
LOL...that was a great read Timi!!!...you boys caught a feed tho...even in the snotty weather...good on you's :D

Mrs Benno1
Sunny

wags on the water
29-04-2009, 08:43 AM
Mmmm peanut butter sandwiches......

How are you feeling Bruce?? ......peanut butter sandwiches....... How you feeling now??

wags on the water
29-04-2009, 08:48 AM
Scott, I'm off to see the rehab (physio) now, so I'll post some pics when I get home.
I was absolutely buggered after nearly being pulled over board a couple of times after hooking up to the plug (on braid). It's a real test of strength of your knots when your leader breaks first. Many calls of "coming through - whatcha got?? ....the bottom....."

tropicrows
29-04-2009, 09:25 AM
I'll get my revenge, one day wags. It’s been 12 odd years since I was last sick and I hope it’s another 12 odd years before I get sea sick again.
Even so it was still a top days fishing with great company, with some great gaff work if I don't say myself.

Tim a word of advice if you are going fishing to relieve some of that anger and stress built up inside, IT’S NOT BLOODY WORKING and the banter between Wags and Tim was educational, I’m nearly 50 and I learnt a few new words, you had to be there.

Next time no peanut butter sandwiches

lethal098
29-04-2009, 11:00 AM
timi, nah its more that they dont want to come to work and or sick, some of them mechanics and the others are service advisors. its all good fun. cheers lee

wags on the water
29-04-2009, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the trip again Tim and good company Bruce. They say you never stop learning....new words...... Can you imagine if Tim was to revise the english dictionary?????

Anyway only a couple of pics to show.

45455 45456 45457

tailorboi99
29-04-2009, 04:40 PM
Awesome work guys, those Kingies would pull my arms off!!!

Tom

murf
29-04-2009, 04:55 PM
your a legend Timi :P haha great read

top fun fella's :)

hows the back muscle strengthening exercises (read catching King's) working for ya Wags?

cheers Murf

jtpython
29-04-2009, 05:30 PM
Looks like your doing it hard Wags. Great read Tim And a feed too boot
Great shots guys
JT

wags on the water
29-04-2009, 06:24 PM
Tom - I will provide you with earplugs if you wish to fish with Tim.

Murf - Extensive physio session today. The arm stretching exercise with the Kingies, was just that - exercise. No sore bits - only muscles getting stronger...

JT - It's a hard life, but somebody has to do it.

skipalong
29-04-2009, 06:29 PM
beautiful work tim

justin

goona
29-04-2009, 06:32 PM
Nice work. It is funny when the wind changes like that at one point. Pity it wasn't where you guys were fishing

catfishkid
29-04-2009, 06:37 PM
Tim top story telling and not a bad catch at all.
Bruce you are a trooper burleying for the team in stead of taking up fishing space;D
Wags nice effort mate,those kingies really stretch your arms.

Cheers Craig

Lucky_Phill
29-04-2009, 07:45 PM
mmmmmmmmmmm I see.

Scotty, I too had a phone call from the ' ferets ' asking about size and bag limits. Not that I am dobing Tim in or anything...:-X ( DPI&F brochure in the mail to you Tim ;) )

I got it right anyway and the boys had fun.

The best fun you can have fishing is paying out on your lung-spewing mate ;D :P

I can tell you where John got his livies Tim....... same place as last time. I think I actually mentioned that spot to you on the phone. Yes, livies do the job, but the knife jigs will work a treat, just be ready for the KAPOW... as those AJ's and Kingies smash the metal thing with a hook in it.;D :)

I'd like to see mumsy " pump and winding " on some 10kg AJ....:o

Don't forget to call me before the weekend Timi......

phill

sleepygreg
29-04-2009, 07:51 PM
A ripping yarn there Tim. Great to see nearly all having a great day on the water. And a bonus of a feed as well.

Greg

TimiBoy
29-04-2009, 08:03 PM
I can tell you where John got his livies Tim....... same place as last time. I think I actually mentioned that spot to you on the phone. Yes, livies do the job, but the knife jigs will work a treat, just be ready for the KAPOW... as those AJ's and Kingies smash the metal thing with a hook in it.;D :)

I'd like to see mumsy " pump and winding " on some 10kg AJ....:o

Don't forget to call me before the weekend Timi......

Sadly, we just didn't go the same way as J Gooding - I know where you mean, but I had somewhere else I wanted to try...

Mumsy won't be jigging, I don't think that's something she is even remotely interested in. Not with a fishing rod, anyway...

I will ring you, but I will also have a guy out the front of your place with all the gear at about 6:40 am Saturday.

Cheers,

Tim

wags on the water
29-04-2009, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the detailed information Finga and the lucky one. :thumbsup: I'm surprised the skipper didn't have up to date info onboard.....:-X .... it is being fixed as I type. We did however know where the green zonythings were. Does that make up for it Phil?

Lucky_Phill
29-04-2009, 08:21 PM
Yes, Mike...... knowing ' something ' out there pays off. That Green Zone out the front has taken away a lot of good Snapper grounds..... some of Johns favourite spots......>:(

No better way to get some physio I reckon....... it's called the " Kingie Stretch ". ;D

6.40am.... Tim..... hope he doesn't expect bacon and eggs. :-/

Phill

twotins
29-04-2009, 10:08 PM
Timi.... You sir, may well be the funniest man on this site. Good times except for the piece of lung. Ha. Cheers Shawno.

Chong
29-04-2009, 11:06 PM
What.....no fire::)

just one thing to say..........ROONIES8-)
Cheers

TimiBoy
30-04-2009, 06:12 AM
What.....no fire::)

just one thing to say..........ROONIES8-)
Cheers

Damn right about that, old Son. I have to review those dates, I'll come back to you on the weekend, maybe I'll give you a call!

Cheers,

Tim

Chong
30-04-2009, 09:32 AM
Tim,
be out at Condamine this weekend with the Boys, back in radio range Monday. But yes we will need to get another trip sorted soon.
Cheers

backlash08
30-04-2009, 12:49 PM
good one you Tim, nice work
cheers - Craig

outsiderskip
01-05-2009, 05:40 AM
hi ways
u were buggered only catching only those few
wait till tim learns how to fish
how buggered will u be then
good days beat workin

pete

TimiBoy
01-05-2009, 05:48 AM
hi ways
u were buggered only catching only those few
wait till tim learns how to fish
how buggered will u be then
good days beat workin

pete

OK, so when are you taking me you gnarly old b@$tard?;D;D;D

Cheers,

Tim

finga
01-05-2009, 07:10 AM
It just dawned on me.
The best burley boy we have ever had is named Bruce as well.
He let that much burley go over the side the soles of his feet got sunburnt
Maybe it's the name??

wags on the water
01-05-2009, 10:57 AM
Gday Pete.

I was buggered only due to 9 weeks post back surgery. I should be good to go in another 4 - 6 weeks.

Wags

outsiderskip
01-05-2009, 03:26 PM
wags
might have to take your offsider out as week
he keeps sooking

pete

wags on the water
01-05-2009, 06:17 PM
wags
might have to take your offsider out as week
he keeps sooking

pete

You get used to it after a while Pete..:P

Captain Seaweed
01-05-2009, 07:24 PM
Good day out fellas. I hope to see you guys up at Fraser.
Marty
PS Last year at fraser I was a smidge off chucking on my own boat as the driver. I was hanging crap on everyone else throwing up ....and then slowly it came onto me....not nice. First and I hope last time!

Marty