PDA

View Full Version : Barwon Monday

scoota
28-04-2009, 10:06 PM
Haven't fished the banks for a couple of years so keen for a check of some old and new marks.
The weather didn't play the game and was absolute crap by mid morning for motoring around.
The three of us bagged out on squire before 8.00am[1-2kg with a couple bigger] and the plan was to chase pearlies further north but with the strong s/wester we followed the banks south looking for tuskies and sweeties.
A few tuskies, pearlies and rosy jobfish found the esky but plagues of undersize red throat and a couple of just under red and spangled emporer and more snapper lived to fight again.
Quality could have been better but lots of fish and lots of fun even in trying conditions.

Scoota...

Fish_gutz
28-04-2009, 10:41 PM
nice going with the esky, pitty about the weather playing up. you`ve done better than some in recent trips out to the banks well done. Cheers Andrew

JayT
29-04-2009, 12:35 AM
Nice work scoota:)
Dont think the esky does the fish justice,
Honestly tho, if I had a better, banks type boat I would be all over the place but I do find there are some awesome fish on the inshore reefs this time of year an it doesnt put quite as big of a dent in ya pocket with sometimes equally as good of results....just a thought:)
It is nice at places like the northern banks, hards on a good day or night tho
Cheers Jay

seapup
29-04-2009, 06:34 AM
Nice work Scoota. I think we should all be happy to have brought a feed home in those conditions.
Cheers,
Benny.

Fishing_Freddy
29-04-2009, 06:52 AM
Well done a getting a feed as alot people are saying there is a lot of hit and miss out there at the moment.
Ken :beer:

DaMaGe
29-04-2009, 08:15 AM
Hey Scoota, I went out Sunday night, at about 7pm, through the chop to the banks, pulled up, threw the anchor then realised that I was in hell, the banks were nasty.
None the less slept a bit, hoping the anchor would hold true (thank you Sarca) and woke about 4:30am, found Squid in the boat, they had jumped in during the night and started to fish.
It was not the best conditions, but the bite was full on, also got a few squires, tuskies, cod, trout (southern banks) and decided to head in at 9am as the wind and swell started to pick up again. A bumpy miserable trip, all worth it for the 10 fish we tucked into the esky...between the pair of us.

Seen only 1 boat that was East of my postion, almost to the Eastern mid Souther Banks under anchor, but did not see sign of anyone else.

We can share the fact, that it was certainly bumpy out there with that westerley, all though there was no swell.

stinky-stabi
29-04-2009, 01:51 PM
Well done a getting a feed as alot people are saying there is a lot of hit and miss out there at the moment.
Ken :beer:
yes i fished for nuffn to bring home as well ...not even a fish landed of any sortz on sundy