PDA

View Full Version : stabi to CAT?

stinky-stabi
28-04-2009, 08:06 PM
missus has started to go fishing of l8 offshore and her boobs can not stand the rough driving abilities of my lack of compasion in the speed stakes so she gets bit flogged on a slow trip (21knts) in the stabi..i dont want to part with her but she want a 5.6 noosa cat..well she wants a softer ride an thats my answer...have bin lookn at a few cats ..46000 for 5.2 kevla with pods to 6m with 2x 100hp yammy f/s
an also noosa cat for 46000.. have heard from a few people that the some l8 kc tend to crack ???? to pro's i know have them and have had probs ..but one just bought knew 3000 series so ....any one give some advice on 5m shark cat as there is a 89 model twin 75 for 14000 and looks in good nick????
need help .....dont want to part with stabi....:-/

Jeremy
28-04-2009, 08:23 PM
missus has started to go fishing of l8 offshore and her boobs can not stand the rough driving abilities

any pics;) :o ;D
Jeremy

Tangles
28-04-2009, 08:37 PM
so a tinny is out of the question?

check out commander cats, i believe they have one for sale, their demo unit,, 6mt.. with twin optis... very nice

Chimo
28-04-2009, 08:46 PM
Hi SS

Thanks for sharing!

For goodness sake don't get rid of her! Oh sorry, I thought you were talking about the wife.........

You should look after any woman who wants to go fishing offshore and get her whatever she wants..........

In the mean time let her sit down the stern where the ride is softer and buy her a sports bra. A mate of mine had a similar problem with his boat and that was a 525 Stacer. Horrible ride up front, sort of bearable sitting as far back as you could get. Ideal would have been sitting on top of the outboard motor cover!
He ended up having to get knee reconstructions and the boat just needed welding.

Looking forward to seeing where this thread goes and in the mean time listen to Jeremy.

Cheers
Chimo

finding_time
28-04-2009, 08:48 PM
There has been some talk about the new 1900 kc cracking but i've not seen one any pre 1999 Kc wont crack!

Ian

stinky-stabi
29-04-2009, 07:11 AM
Hi SS

Thanks for sharing!

For goodness sake don't get rid of her! Oh sorry, I thought you were talking about the wife.........

You should look after any woman who wants to go fishing offshore and get her whatever she wants..........

In the mean time let her sit down the stern where the ride is softer and buy her a sports bra. A mate of mine had a similar problem with his boat and that was a 525 Stacer. Horrible ride up front, sort of bearable sitting as far back as you could get. Ideal would have been sitting on top of the outboard motor cover!
He ended up having to get knee reconstructions and the boat just needed welding.

Looking forward to seeing where this thread goes and in the mean time listen to Jeremy.

Cheers
Chimo

she wears the sportz bra with a tight shirt to hold them in place but it doesnt work to well ,,,have try'd all options but as you know i stated the word woman and thats where the trouble starts.lololol.
might be cheaper to just take her on a charter boat once a month an more tolerable as there will be other to talk to ..lolollolol.thanx very much for your replys..
tono

Mtx
29-04-2009, 08:13 AM
try holding them for her?

show your support.

apart from that - A fella I know sold his 609 stabi, bought a 2400 KC and is now going back to a stabi (759).

Calims it is too hard to baby the cat and requires too much care.

Mind you, I would keep the stabi so you can keep watching to boobs bounce :)

ozbee
29-04-2009, 08:14 AM
mate learn to slow down a bit when she with you having a wife who supports you when boating is a gold mine . just give her time and drop the hint that 24 whatever would be so much softer. its a bit like the toilet syndrome always show them the boat your after with a toilet installed your half way there

darkside
29-04-2009, 08:29 AM
Ok, simple solution, she should get that reduction surgery, that way you can keep the boat your happy with , she can go fishing , and my missus can have the excess, so she can at least fill out a sports bra, see everyones a winner , including me.

stinky-stabi
29-04-2009, 01:40 PM
Ok, simple solution, she should get that reduction surgery, that way you can keep the boat your happy with , she can go fishing , and my missus can have the excess, so she can at least fill out a sports bra, see everyones a winner , including me.

m8 well said im with you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yes well im telln her we cant afford two motors....
unless there E-TECS..lololololol.pmsl
had to put that in .lololololol
no if all works out the 509 will stay until the funds are aquirred to purchase smithys boat when he gets a new one (im dreamin as usual)

BigE
30-04-2009, 12:04 PM
Perhaps you could take an extra deckie to help ,Errr handle the situation ...... you know many hands make light work.

PS your a brave brave man to start this post!
say hi to Mrs Stinky for me.

BigE

stinky-stabi
30-04-2009, 12:07 PM
Perhaps you could take an extra deckie to help ,Errr handle the situation ...... you know many hands make light work.

PS your a brave brave man to start this post!
say hi to Mrs Stinky for me.

BigE

yes maybe she has a hot friend who wants to go .lololololol.pmsl

finding_time
30-04-2009, 12:39 PM
Stinky

Here's an idea next time your heading out i'll meet you at the ramp and Mrs stinky stabi can ride out with us and when you arrive at the destination she can hop back onboard with you! She'll get the magic carpet ride and you'll not have to deal with a grumpy sore wife;) Of course the downside will be that the pestering for a cat will increase but that's not a bad thing, 2x f60 yammies dont cost much to run!;) Of course 2x 75 e-tecs dont either!:P

peterbo3
30-04-2009, 05:36 PM
Stinky,
Have you thought about a marine bean bag down the back. They provide a really comfortable seat & seem to absorb the bumps pretty well. I was on a boat in the US that had them & I nodded off at 30 knots in a reasonable sort of chop.
The other more expensive option is a seat fitted with a hydraulic shock absorber/coil spring suspension system. They have a lot of SS components to handle the marine environment.
Has got to be a lot cheaper than a boat swap. ;D;D;D;D

stinky-stabi
30-04-2009, 07:17 PM
geez there are too many good idea's ....mmmm
going to check out the bean bag though ...lolololol
sounds awesome .lol

snelly1971
30-04-2009, 10:10 PM
Stinky,
Have you thought about a marine bean bag down the back. They provide a really comfortable seat & seem to absorb the bumps pretty well. I was on a boat in the US that had them & I nodded off at 30 knots in a reasonable sort of chop.
The other more expensive option is a seat fitted with a hydraulic shock absorber/coil spring suspension system. They have a lot of SS components to handle the marine environment.
Has got to be a lot cheaper than a boat swap. ;D;D;D;D

Yeah I have seen heaps of those seats ....They come standard in most Cats...

Mick

death_ship
01-05-2009, 06:16 AM
get her a softrider pedestal only 250 bucks, even cheaper than an etec (just)

Vitamin Sea
01-05-2009, 06:36 AM
Yeah I have seen heaps of those seats ....They come standard in most Cats...

Mick

Gees your a stirrer Mick;D

Cheers

Bill