PDA

View Full Version : Mixed Bag of Reefies.

seapup
28-04-2009, 02:12 PM
Went for a fish yesterday chasing reefies with a mate. Was looking good on seabreeze for the arvo but where we went it was sloppy with the odd wave almost coming over the bow at anchor which mad it hard fishing. Also made it much slower to have a good look for shows and made anchoring harder with the wind blowing opposite to the current. We still managed a feed with plastics and flesh baits catching the fish. ;)

Teachnthekids
28-04-2009, 03:28 PM
Mate some good chewing there looks like you made the best out of ordinary conditions.

Sitting here in coffs with beautiful weather and inside working - weekend looks promising tho!

Thanks for the report.

Cheers Rob

dayoo
28-04-2009, 03:43 PM
Benny,

Nice mixed bag mate. Worst conditions I've been out in for a few years. Took a good video of the conditions while out there on "Alexander" yesterday and will post a report on the weekend as we are off to deep tempest tomorrow.
Cheers
Barry

seapup
28-04-2009, 03:52 PM
My back and knees are feeling it today as well Barry! We had trouble standing up at times while trying to pull in fish! :o Trips like that make us appreciate the good days!
Cheers,
Benny.

Benny,

Nice mixed bag mate. Worst conditions I've been out in for a few years. Took a good video of the conditions while out there on "Alexander" yesterday and will post a report on the weekend as we are off to deep tempest tomorrow.
Cheers
Barry

ffejsmada
28-04-2009, 03:59 PM
Good work Benno, some prime tucker there.

Only the one trag hey???

Jeff.

Reefmaster
28-04-2009, 04:06 PM
Good to see you out having a crack Benny. The conditions certainly weren't the best and not as predicted. Sunday night was a shocker.

Cheers
Greg

seapup
28-04-2009, 04:11 PM
Yes Jeffrey only managed the one.

Good work Benno, some prime tucker there.

Only the one trag hey???

Jeff.

seapup
28-04-2009, 04:12 PM
They got it totally wrong didnt they Greg! Glad I didnt go any wider or I would have had a horrible run home!

Good to see you out having a crack Benny. The conditions certainly weren't the best and not as predicted. Sunday night was a shocker.

Cheers
Greg

indy
28-04-2009, 04:52 PM
Good feed ben can't complain hopefully get out on the weekend but looks like the weather might be turning for the worst.

skipalong
28-04-2009, 05:11 PM
nice feed benny betty conditions to come should be more favourable

reel scream
28-04-2009, 05:19 PM
Some nice looking Pearls and Moses in that lot Benny. Well done in sticking it out.

Cheers Scott

scoota
28-04-2009, 06:19 PM
Nice fish Benny, we were the other side of the Barwons when the change come through. Absolute crap!!! Heard "Alexander" lost a pick and were heading in early and quite a few others.
We rode it out till mid afternoon and cruised in when the wind dropped doing 25knots.
Got lucky I guess!

Scoota...

Benno1
28-04-2009, 08:51 PM
is that Gold Spot Wrasse on the bottom of the piccie Pup???...quality mixed bag!!!...good on you boys for getting out amongst it...cheers for the piccie and report :D

Mrs Benno1
Sunny

jtpython
28-04-2009, 09:00 PM
That's a well entruly mixed up bag
Good on ya
JT

JayT
28-04-2009, 10:51 PM
Nice bag there seapup, I nearly forgot about the top moses at this time of year, parrot too, hell they are all there!
Startin to get chilly too so the big knobs wont be far away!
Good work mate in crappy conditions:)
Jay

lido76
28-04-2009, 11:51 PM
Nice fish benny good to see you get out. I'm heading out in about 3hrs Cal wide so hopefully something to report tonight. Cheers mate lido...

seapup
29-04-2009, 06:31 AM
Thanks Scoota. I saw Alexander mucking around trying to get their anchor out of the wire weed in the rough seas. It sure didnt look like fun!

Nice fish Benny, we were the other side of the Barwons when the change come through. Absolute crap!!! Heard "Alexander" lost a pick and were heading in early and quite a few others.
We rode it out till mid afternoon and cruised in when the wind dropped doing 25knots.
Got lucky I guess!

Scoota...

seapup
29-04-2009, 06:33 AM
Yes that is a Gold Spot at the bottom. Had some for dinner bloody beautiful!

is that Gold Spot Wrasse on the bottom of the piccie Pup???...quality mixed bag!!!...good on you boys for getting out amongst it...cheers for the piccie and report :D

Mrs Benno1
Sunny

DaMaGe
29-04-2009, 08:20 AM
AS I posted in another thread, I hit the Banks Sunday night after following report on Sea Breeze for an overnighter, couldn't fish the night but instead slept it out, got a few hours in the morning and had to come home. It was certainly sloppy out there, has put me off visiting the banks for a while, not until I can work and trust out the weather. Fish were OK... Heard some guys on the radio out at the continental shelf complaining it wasn't good too.

TimiBoy
29-04-2009, 08:44 AM
I've not been out there yet, but I think it will happen soon. Nice fish, pity about the weater. It's just been a dog lately, hasn't it???

Cheers,

Tim

seapup
29-04-2009, 10:21 AM
It sure has Tim! Should turn around soon though.

I've not been out there yet, but I think it will happen soon. Nice fish, pity about the weater. It's just been a dog lately, hasn't it???

Cheers,

Tim

Tim_N
29-04-2009, 10:28 AM
Searunner and I went out early Monday too and the conditions were as discribed.
We ended up with a feed like yours but dropped a few (too many) good ones and bailed out early.
The wind against the swell is always a pain....in the back.
Tim