PDA

View Full Version : Allycraft 4.25m Fishmate Range

Scott Ashe
27-04-2009, 07:57 PM
Hi,

I am curious, if anyone has actually seen the new 4.25m Fish Mate Tinnie range from Allycraft. I believe they are a plate Aluminium Boat, and it comes standard with 3ml bottom sheets and 2ml sides, anchor well, side decks, carpeted floor, side pockets, bow rail and rear step and rail.

The website states it is rated to 40hp, and I was wondering if you thought a 30hp 4 stroke would push this boat comfortably, or would I really need to go the 40hp, because of the extra hull weight.

Would I be correct in assuming, because this hull is heavier, it would cut through chop easier.

Cheers
Scott

stevej
27-04-2009, 09:45 PM
blakes marine have one the full floor version with the two pedistals, 5.5k hull only

4mm sides pressed bottom, i dont understand why have plain old pressed bottom and super tough sides?

i was going to put a 3 cyl 30hp yammy on one, maybe next year, the 3 cy seems grunty enough and saves me buying a new outboard as thisone isnt even 6 months old

FNQCairns
27-04-2009, 10:13 PM
It will cut through the chop better than exactly the same hull built lighter is about all it means weight wise, another brand/design same length but lighter may cut through the chop even better.

If the 30 is also the 40hp in that range of engine you may get away with the 30, if the 30 is the same as the 20 etc then definitely go the 40.

They have a fairly deep V for width?? (not sure,think I remember they do)If so it will need a little more hp and will ride better as the bonus.

Stevej it all adds to rigidity and less work the cage inside has to do, an offshoot is if the side is unpressed it can act as a buffer against riblines showing through as the hull ages on the water and settles around its cage.

cheers fnq

Scott Ashe
28-04-2009, 08:52 AM
Hi,

Thanks for your thoughts, if I was to go ahead with it, it would be the model with the thawt seats. My engine of choice would be a 30hp 3cyc. 4 stroke Yamaha, which puts out 22.1kw, and has a displacement of 747cm3, which is actually displacement than a 40hp Yamaha 2 stroke of 698cm3. The 40 has 29.1kw. This information was taken from the yamaha website.

I've just started looking and wouldn't be anything before christmas.

Cheers
Scott

stevej
28-04-2009, 05:24 PM
have you looked ata top ender from quintrex?

i know they dont claim plate but the hull as a lot more shape to it and has the quinny flared bow, ive been in a 4.5m top ender and also owned a 4.5m ally craft with a similar hull shape and the ally craft banged its arse off, where the quiintrex was alot softer

safe to say the quiny would be many k more

swift
03-05-2009, 05:39 PM
[quote=Scott Ashe;1008195]
I believe they are a plate Aluminium Boat, and it comes standard with 3ml bottom sheets and 2ml sides

Actually, the Fishmate range aren't plate boats at all. Just a std 2mm side with less presses. A plate classification doesn't start until the alloy sheet thickness is roughly 4-5mm thick and it is a 5083 grade.

Alot of tinnies out there at the moment are stating they have plate sides, but it is only 3mm sheet. Also, a true plate boat isn't put together using chine and keel extrusion like run of the mill tinnies.

Many other manufacturers will put 3mm unpressed (or normally 2 presses) sides in their models. Stacer & quintrex do for instance, Sea Jay boats will put it in nearly any of there models if you want.

Anyway, that's my little rant for the day.

Good luck with your purchase

goat boy
03-05-2009, 05:48 PM
May issue of QLD fishing monthly has a review of the 4.25m Fishmate CC with a 30hp 2 st. If interested and can't find it msg me and I can scan it or something if u really want it.

the gecko
04-05-2009, 09:23 AM
My 4.1 Alleycraft side console has a 30hp 3 cyl Johnson. It was enough grunt when I bought the boat, but after I fitted a minnkota and extra battery, its only just enough, and thats when Im solo.

A 40 hp would be a better choice, if you plan to add any extra weight later on.