PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question, leaders and mainline

brute898
26-04-2009, 10:40 AM
Hi I have a quick question about leaders. I will be fishing for snapper in port phillip bay and bass straight. I am useing 40lb braid mainline so what sort of leader and pound would you use. I am not really sure what the flurocarbon and all them things mean so can you please help.
Also I will have another couple of set ups for some king george whiting and I would also like to know what pund leader and sort of leader to use for these fish.
I dont have mainline for the whiting yet but I am thinking about 10lb braid, do you think that would be ok or should I go heavier or lighter?
Thanks

try to fish
26-04-2009, 11:24 AM
for main line 10lbs braib is great for KGW in the ppb as you never know what else you might get hooked.regards of leader,10-20lbs flourocarbon is o.k.for myself,i use 10lbs braid and 20lbs black magic flourocarbon leader and gamakatsu 2/0 big bait hook.these KGW seems to be biting allright and the hook rate is excellent.
for snapper on bass strait,20lbs braid mainline seems to be more than enough even for kingies when trolling and with leader,20-30lbs would be sufficent.i prefer the 30lbs leader as sometimes with lighter leader you will ofter be bitten off by the odd couta out there.8-)