PDA

View Full Version : Anzac Day, 2009

Vitamin Sea
22-04-2009, 07:48 PM
To all those who serve or have served, thank you for your sacrifices which allow us to live freely in this great country.

Lest we forget

jtpython
22-04-2009, 07:54 PM
As to all
Be safe in the forces................ My brother is currently in Afghanstan So to him and all that are there be safe
JT

sleepygreg
22-04-2009, 08:58 PM
They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

Lest We Forget

And to all our diggers serving overseas, and prepearing to do so. Our thoughts and hearts are with you....please return home safely....you do us proud.

Greg

Chong
22-04-2009, 11:05 PM
One of our families greatest treasures is a medal that my great uncle received after falling at Gallipilo, Can not even imagine what it would have been like…always remember for those that gave and still do, our gratitude is always there…

dogsbody
23-04-2009, 02:25 PM
Lest we forget

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q125/dogsbodyray/AnzacHorses.jpg

russ81
23-04-2009, 05:03 PM
Cheers guys

Its great to hear support from the Australian public

Dogs body that is a great photo of Light Horse Men something very dear to me as I am one

Cheers again guys we appreciate it

Russ

Blackened
23-04-2009, 07:22 PM
G'day

Will be at the cleveland dawn service.....

Lest We Forget

Dave

TheRealAndy
23-04-2009, 08:19 PM
The last post still sends shivers down my spine. My grandfather fought in WW1, I have his service medals. I watch the doco's on TV, I cant imagine what it would have been like. Even these days. These guys have my ultimate respect and deserve nothing less.

BhRf0GxD1D8

I think its also good that people understand the full Ode of Remembrance. http://www.defence.gov.au/ARMY/history/ode.htm

mowerman
23-04-2009, 08:38 PM
G'day

Will be at the cleveland dawn service.....

Lest We Forget

Dave

Me and my lot as well.

Probably in the middle of the roundabout.

Rod

RayDeR
23-04-2009, 09:13 PM
G'day!

I have the privilege of reading the prayers at Dawn Service at Greenslopes Private Hospital.

My mother is a War Widow. Dad was a WW2 veteran who died 39 years ago aged 50.

Lest we forget.

Ray de R (Chaplain).

Hornet Rider
23-04-2009, 10:46 PM
Hey well done all of you Veterans, family of Veterans & you wonderful Supporters. If you'd like to see an interesting sorry about a Somalia Veteran, have a look at the Ch 7 news tomorrow night. A very touching reminder on the importance of looking after your mates. There was a bite of shoulder rubbing in the trenches at Gallipoli, not too dissimilar to some of the shoulder rubbing that happens on this site from time to time, but the overwhelming legacy our ANZAC Grandfathers left us was their example to not leave a mate in need. The story tomorrow night is exactly about mates helping mates, regardless of our own personal circumstances.

cheers, HR

BaitThrower
23-04-2009, 11:20 PM
Lest we forget.

Will be cooking breakfast for all the good folks going to the Sunnybank RSL this Saturday AM following dawn service.

baitwaster
24-04-2009, 05:18 AM
Lest we forget.

My daughter just turned 2, and will be at her 3rd Dawn service at Sandgate on the weekend, then the traditional family BBQ brekkie.

There are only 2 times a year something seems to get stuck in my eyes and they water. Dawn service is one of them.

Thanks to all - past and present.

TimiBoy
24-04-2009, 05:46 AM
I'll see you blokes at Cleveland with at least one of mine in tow.

It never ceases to amaze me how pride and horror can occupy the same shelf.

Tim

Hornet Rider
24-04-2009, 12:46 PM
Hey well done all of you Veterans, family of Veterans & you wonderful Supporters. If you'd like to see an interesting sorry about a Somalia Veteran, have a look at the Ch 7 news tomorrow night. A very touching reminder on the importance of looking after your mates. There was a bite of shoulder rubbing in the trenches at Gallipoli, not too dissimilar to some of the shoulder rubbing that happens on this site from time to time, but the overwhelming legacy our ANZAC Grandfathers left us was their example to not leave a mate in need. The story tomorrow night is exactly about mates helping mates, regardless of our own personal circumstances.

cheers, HR

This is the Somalia veteran, Michael Cook, who Ch 7 News Brisbane will show tonight at 6pm local. It's a great story.

Blackened
25-04-2009, 06:51 AM
G'day

Just got home from cleveland and it was a massive turnout. Plenty of kids and young ones like myself which is awesome to see.

I was over near the willys and the radio broadcasting trailer.

Dave

TimiBoy
25-04-2009, 07:55 AM
G'day

Just got home from cleveland and it was a massive turnout. Plenty of kids and young ones like myself which is awesome to see.

I was over near the willys and the radio broadcasting trailer.

Dave

Yep, I reckon 1.5-2K people at Cleveland. Fabulous. Saw Rod the Mowerman there.

I wish we could clap and demonstrate out appreciation for these fine people every day of the year!

Cheers,

Tim

WalFish
25-04-2009, 10:48 AM
Just back from the Dawn Service here in Townsville at Lavarack. Enjoyed sharing a few yarns, and Bundys, with fellow diggers both past and present. Enjoyed the show on A Current Affair last night on our three living Victoria Cross recipients - a very humbling experience to have heard their story, and not for the first time. With the recognition of our latest VC recipient, it makes you appreciate and reinforces the feeling that there still is the real 'Digger' can do spirit and attitude alive and well watching over you while you sleep soundly.

Lest we forget, and god-speed to all those deployed, and about to deploy, wearing the 'green'.

WalFish