PDA

View Full Version : Moreton Yesterday

tenzing
19-04-2009, 09:20 PM
Couldnt stand to leave the boat in the shed for one more day. Headed out across the bay at gentlemans hours yesterday, dropping a few pots along the way.
Headed to the shipping channel markers and threw a few slugs around. 5 nice schoolies to 65 cm , a couple of bonito, and one of the boys boated a rather large mack tuna - went 5.2 kg on 10lb mono.
Decided to check for bait on one of the beacons further north. Have never seen so much bait! the furuno was red from surface to floor. 50 ft of solid baitfish, so they were dead easy to come by, but couldnt get a taker when we floated them back, nor at the other beacons, so deciced to try a slow drift over a deserted Curtin. All pretty quiet, so just when it was time to leave the baitrunner screams off and this freight train made short work of full drag and 100lb mono leader.
Headed back across a nearly mill pond bay and picked up a nice bucket full of good sized sandies on the way home. they went down nice with cold corona for dinner.
A top day , beautiful weather and an esky full of fish and crab. What happened to the weather predictions?? sorry no pics . battery in camera wouldnt play the game.
Brendan

Scalem
20-04-2009, 07:10 AM
Unbeleivable how weather predictions can be so wrong, but this time tipping in your favour. I am planning for my 1st offshore ( under my own steam) this Sat coming, I hope the weather plays nice for me too!!

Sounds like a nice day out.

Scalem

tenzing
20-04-2009, 08:26 AM
Unbeleivable how weather predictions can be so wrong, but this time tipping in your favour. I am planning for my 1st offshore ( under my own steam) this Sat coming, I hope the weather plays nice for me too!!

Sounds like a nice day out.

Scalem
good luck with that mate.
So far so good on the predictions. We'll see.
Brendan

skipalong
20-04-2009, 05:50 PM
top work mate did you hit the northern end of the bay

justin

tenzing
20-04-2009, 06:53 PM
Yes Justin,
From the M2 down to tangalooma. It was just one of those days that everything seemed to work the way it was supposed to ( at long last)
Cheers Brendan

Fishbait
20-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Nice going for the macs - thought they had gone. Some sandies still around here at Bribie as well. Gotta hate those new digital cameras sometimes - they take beautiful pictures - but suck the batteries to death all the time. Glad you all had a good and safe day on the water. Cheers, Darren