PDA

View Full Version : advice on business idea

russ81
19-04-2009, 07:42 PM
Hows it going guys
I am looking at getting a franchise boat hire business based in Brisbane hiring tinnys up to centrecabs the business is established around Australia and it is a relatively small outlay to begin with. at the moment there is one based on the gold coast in hervey bay and cairns my question is how viable do you think it would be running out of brisbane do you think the demand would be there?

cheers guys all input is appreciated

Russ

peterbo3
19-04-2009, 08:11 PM
Russ,
There have been a number of these boat hire outlets come & go in Brisvegas. The retail boating scene is not good, plenty of dealers have closed.
This is probably not the time to rely on the discretionary dollar being spent on a hire boat. If you are going to get out, then keep your money in the bank for a while. I have been there & caution is a good dog.

boatboy50
20-04-2009, 11:48 AM
Hey Russ,

I too looked into getting this franchise.

I have previously had a hire boat business, and decided to stay away.

As Peter says, there have been a number of hire businesses come and go. There is a reason for that.

Good luck whichever way you go.

Regards

Darren

PADDLES
20-04-2009, 12:37 PM
boat hire business' need tourists, who comes to brisbane to hire a boat?

Noelm
20-04-2009, 12:59 PM
I think I can guess what the Company is, they have been operating near me for a year or so, Boats get hired out reasonably regularly, but whether it is enough to cover costs, plus a wage is anyones guess, do your homework and good luck.