PDA

View Full Version : Boatless Land-lubbers!!

WalFish
19-04-2009, 09:30 AM
Well, we are now boatless. The new owners have picked up the boat and we are not to be fishing for the next 8 months or so. My two daughters are more heart-broken than I am I think. They actually cried when they realised what it actually all meant. The Quintrex Freedom Sport 480 has been an ideal rig to learn the waterways of the Townsville region and a great learning platform for me as a skipper. Plenty of muddies and grunter have gone into the freezer, and a few reef fillets from those glassy days. The girls enjoyed fishing and boating so much we have decided to upgrade.

I have attached a few pictures of our fish from Easter up at Lucinda. Chloe caught a nice Fingermark on the first trip out on Good Friday. As you can see in the picture of me with the Red-throat Emperor (Tuesday), it is raining quite heavily. Lucinda had 260 mm of rain during our time there. We got in a trip to Orpheous and Pelorus Islands on the Tuesday for a few fish, and then on Wednesday we made it to the reef with a full crew in our boat. We came home with a feed of fish and sunburn all round.

I will be departing on a working holiday to Timor for about 8 months soon. Upon my return we will be picking up the new rig (photo attached) and going fishing. Ours will be all white with a 135hp Honda on the back, and will be named 'BEER BATTER' in honor of Natasha's favourite meal of beer-battered mackerel. I ran into Levinge up at Lucinda and he gave me a few tips and ideas on where to put lighting, trailer setup etc. All helps to put together a really nice boat. Only 270 sleeps to go........ We had ordered the new boat before I knew I was going away, and Dean and Carla at the Tinny Shack have been excellent in firstly re-arranging build dates etc, and secondly, putting up with my questions and changes all along.

WalFish

insideout
19-04-2009, 10:48 AM
I feel ya pain!, espically on glassout days like today here, watching countless boats going by down to the marina, seeing more boats going out wide than u can count on ya hands and toes, x3, neva mind, soon, soon we will be back on the water!! Just 1 question tho, does "working holiday" fit into the same sentence as "timor"? Sound more like work to me.....:P

Hornet Rider
19-04-2009, 06:24 PM
Hey Wal, you're not going for that holiday with that Second To None mob are you? Hope it goes well. In the mean time, a bunch of us Duty First dudes will put out a few clearing patrols in Morton Bay & outside if the weather permits for you while your in TL. Take a rod, some good fishing off a few of the beaches up there, but keep an eye out for those damn crocs.

cheers, HR

levinge
20-04-2009, 08:01 AM
Wal let me know if you want to go for a fish before TL, happy to wet the hull and give you something to dream about while your slumming it up there...