PDA

View Full Version : Jopalo Boats feedback wanted!!!

addobaz
19-04-2009, 07:42 AM
Does anyone have any feedback on Jopalo boats? I know they are made in Yamba and look great on the water,but that is about it. Anyone been out in one or better still own one?

Ringoscar
20-04-2009, 12:31 PM
Well-built boats with about the best paint job available on an alloy boat, or a raw-finish hull for a knockabout model. Quality welding and a few different hull designs with transom deadrise from 14° to 21°. Been in 4 or 5 different ones now now and the bigger models with deep vee hulls ride very well for plate hulls and are stable at rest. The guy who builds them loves his fishing so the rod holders and other fishing stuff is usually in the right place. Definitely worth considering. Stan Young's 11m Wooli Deep Sea Tours cat was also built by Jopalo.

bennyboy
20-04-2009, 01:37 PM
They look like very well built boats when I checked them out at a boat show. I was looking at a 4.8 or 5m and the only concern I had was I could find very very little room where flotation could be.
I could be very wrong so I would be asking them to confirm to you the volume of air/foam flotation in the boat.
Great looking boats though!

tootles
20-04-2009, 05:00 PM
very very well built and finished boats . Have two different hulls a 15 and 20 deg . Jopalo use closed cell survey foam packed in tight every where under the fully sealed floor .

DazSamFishing
20-04-2009, 05:21 PM
good boats from what I have read. I'm gonna be in the centre console boat market within the next year... so I'm also researching plate boats.
I got a quote on a custom 5.8m jopalo centre console... all I can say: It was BLOODY expensive. IMO.

daz.

tootles
21-04-2009, 06:54 AM
sent you a pm addobaz