PDA

View Full Version : How long should you wait for order

mylestom
19-04-2009, 05:54 AM
How long should you wait for order ie boat and or outboard from placing order and deposit.

What is considered reasonable and what is dealers, and manufacturers responsibility.

Regards

Trev

Donny Boy
19-04-2009, 06:00 AM
Mate has just purchased a Yalta.................6-8 weeks.

rosco1974
19-04-2009, 06:59 AM
had to wait 8 weeks for my boat
cheers rosco

backlash08
19-04-2009, 07:03 AM
depends on what the boat is, what the options are and importantly how much deposit, I waited many months to get a boat built but it was exactly what I wanted
cheers - Craig

RTFM1000
19-04-2009, 07:51 AM
Hi mylestom,
the last 2 Quintrex boats that I purchased needed to be ordered as they were not "off the shelf" models. Had to wait close to 3 months on each due to the extras required.

Had a mate just take posession of his new M_K_ Craft. It dragged out weeks more than originally advised, and when it finally arrived it was wrong! The modifications to the casting deck among other things had not been completed. He wasn't happy but eventually agreed to take it as he couldn't wait for a new one to be built.

Regards,
RTFM1000

Poseidon
19-04-2009, 07:55 AM
Mine was about 14 weeks, got a litttle anxious about the delays however not too worried as only had $100.00 down as deposit.

PinHead
19-04-2009, 07:57 AM
some ridiculous times waiting for a boat - 14 weeks??? Was that a locally built boat ?

mylestom
19-04-2009, 08:33 AM
What about outboards how long should you have to wait.

What is the normal delivery time on most outboards in Australia.

Regards

Trev

RTFM1000
19-04-2009, 11:06 AM
With regards to delivry time on outboard motors, as long as the supplier (Yamaha in this case) has the model required in stock, I would see it arrive approx 4 days from time of order. (Brisbane - Cairns).

Regards,
RTFM1000

Poseidon
19-04-2009, 04:47 PM
some ridiculous times waiting for a boat - 14 weeks??? Was that a locally built boat ?

Yes, locally built however it was a new model with a number of orders already in the sytem to fill.

It wouldn't have been so bad had I not have sold my other boat so quickly.

Steve B
19-04-2009, 07:48 PM
What about outboards how long should you have to wait.

What is the normal delivery time on most outboards in Australia.

Regards

Trev

trev,

Have you not got your motor yet????

knowing your story like I do.......not even a 1/4 of the time you have had to wait...Its ridiculous!!!!

As a mate Trev, Ditch the Etec idea....just get ANY other motor. They will probably have whatever brand you choose on the shelf at any decent marine dealer!!

I am also nervous about the 'unproven' factor with a new model. I am not bashing Etec, it would be the same for any brand and the first model.

You have been stuffed around for long enough waiting. Bad service from everyone involved. Save your sanity mate!!!!

I really hope it works out for you mate.

cheers Steve

mylestom
19-04-2009, 08:07 PM
[quote=Steve B;1004011]trev,

Have you not got your motor yet????

knowing your story like I do.......not even a 1/4 of the time you have had to wait...Its ridiculous!!!!

As a mate Trev, Ditch the Etec idea....just get ANY other motor. They will probably have whatever brand you choose on the shelf at any decent marine dealer!!

I am also nervous about the 'unproven' factor with a new model. I am not bashing Etec, it would be the same for any brand and the first model.

You have been stuffed around for long enough waiting. Bad service from everyone involved. Save your sanity mate!!!!

Steve,

The offer currently from Evinrude, is not really sufficient to justify my getting rid of the Honda, seems like just another annoyance to them.

Regards

Trev

Steve B
19-04-2009, 08:08 PM
Got your PM mate....stick it too them.;D

nipsta
19-04-2009, 08:21 PM
hi trev yeah i agree with stev give it to them its a joke how long they keep you waiting normally when i buy a new one its normally been in stock or a week away but yeah the time you have waited is shocking and i gather the honda is going ok i would stick with it whats the real gain by getting the etec headaches by the sounds and you havent even seen it

cormorant
20-04-2009, 12:49 PM
With smaller motors and the deposit question is I wouldn't place a deposit on a motor as I expect them to have it there on the floor in stock. Too many going broke and losing deposits and goods.

Dealers buy on credit and they can fit it the day it arrived so they can't claim the are out of pocket.

If your dealer can't afford to have smaller motors in stock them -- well ---...........

I pay for them after they are tank run,when they are fitted and water tested with correct props. Hav ecopped crap service before once I have paid my dollars so now i don't pay till it is right.

Bigger motors over $10k I can see the burden on smaller dealers with lower turnover so a trust account and a very minimal deposit equal to transort costs for return of motor would be mot I would pay.

I don't pay till I have my goods in working condition.