PDA

View Full Version : My New Boat!!!

Damned67
18-04-2009, 06:27 PM
I've been dying to make this post....
Actually picked the boat up last Saturday, but a couple of days the weather was no good for pics, and the better days I was too busy having fun to pick up the camera ;D

It's a 4.2m Viper. 30hp Merc. The pictures pretty much speak for themselves, although you can't really see the forward casting platform, the side pockets, or the great little sounder and GPS mount that was made for the boat....

I cannot express how happy I am with this boat... and with the service from Phil and crew down at Viper. Both are second to none.
I would seriously recommend that anyone looking for a new boat contact Phil at Viper....

Now, on to the pics
8-)

russ81
18-04-2009, 06:32 PM
Awesome looking rig mate how much did she cost ya? just need to get your bowmount and youll be sneaking up on everything.

Im hoping to get the pics of new boat on wednesday

hope she gives you many many fish and memories

Russ

Damned67
18-04-2009, 06:51 PM
Cost was in the ball park of any of the name brand 'tinnies' in the same size range... But the Viper is obviously a good step up from a basic 'tinnie'.

Rhino80
18-04-2009, 07:22 PM
Congrats on your new rig Damned67. And its always good to hear that your experience with viper boats was a good one

Hornet Rider
18-04-2009, 07:34 PM
Hi D67, you'll have to change your name now that you have a hot new boat. Go the Viper!! Phil puts together a quality package, does he not? You've chosen well. Hope your new boat gives you lots of great times on the water. The pic of that little tacker holding his hat says it all.

cheers, HR

ozbee
18-04-2009, 07:39 PM
move over dad someone else will want to drive

Hornet Rider
18-04-2009, 07:42 PM
Hi D67, you'll have to change your name now that you have a hot new boat. Go the Viper!! Phil puts together a quality package, does he not? You've chosen well. Hope your new boat gives you lots of great times on the water. The pic of that little tacker holding his hat says it all.

cheers, HR

Sorry D67, only just opened that pic to full size. Please give my apologies to the young lady. I should have said 'holding HER hat' ::) But there's a thought, you could name your new boat Miss Viper

Stik-ugly
18-04-2009, 08:04 PM
The boat looks great well done.Its great too see your happy with your viper as I am with mine , they are a good well made boat and I see I could'nt convince you on the paint

Donny Boy
19-04-2009, 05:59 AM
Possible name " Lady Snake " ???
....complete with cartoon graphic of Lady Snake from " Snake Tales" ??

Damned67
20-04-2009, 08:30 PM
Yep, VERY happy with the boat.
My little girl (Eloise) wants nothing more than to play in the boat all day long, even when it's sitting on the trailer.
Stik-Ugly, I'm all for paint. Two things steered me away from it. Budget (I was supposed to be buying a 4-5K used boat!!! ;D), and inexperience. This is literally my first boat. If it was painted, it'd be scratched up in no time.
I do plan in painting it in a year or so. The pic in my 'avatar', is my 1967 Plymouth. Plymouth being closely associated with Dodge. And the colour I painted it is very similar to 'dodge viper blue'. When I paint the boat, I'll be leaning towards something similar (although being painted a metallic will be a pain if I scratch the damn thing, so maybe the same 'blue' sans the metallic fleck?)
Anyway, here's a couple of other pics for those that have been asking... the forward casting deck, and great little electronics mount that was made up for me...
Again, couldn't be happier with my purchase!!

Brejen
20-04-2009, 09:00 PM
Geez i reckon ive seen that boat before.. Good stuff Jas ; it isnt to hard to be happy with a Viper. My new one is just about at the painters I cant wait..

Phil has a 4.2 down there has just came back from the painters,you would have seen it Jas the red one. Well the buyer for it has pulled out so it's looking for a new home now, i've been told to not even think about it 3 boats are enough she says......

Brett

FNQCairns
20-04-2009, 09:14 PM
That's a cracker pic of your copilot, get that one blown up and on a wall, boat is great too! congrats.

cheers fnq

Damned67
20-04-2009, 09:26 PM
Brett, that red one is nice. Almost bought it myself, but Phil decided that with the modifications that I wanted, we'd be better off starting from scratch. That was part of the customer service that impressed me.
Can't wait to see pics of your boat in paint. Man, that's an impressive rig!!!! Although, I'm not sure 76 rod holders will be enough ;)

FNQ,
I do love that pic. Funny thing is, we were running at a high enough rate that I tossed the hat on the floor of the boat so as I wouldn't lose it over the back. Next thing I know, there she is, giggling, with it on her head!!

And here's one of her from yesterday with her 'almost' winning flattie in the Pirtek fishing challenge. The one as 'co-pilot' was from Saturday.... her first day fishing!
;D

Noiseworks
20-04-2009, 10:02 PM
Priceless.........both. Enjoy

Cheers
Noiseworks

pedrodepacus
21-04-2009, 06:18 AM
hi jason mate those couple of pics of elly is what its all about mate great to see you guys are really enjoying yourselves can you email me those pics so i can put them on the wall
i put the roof up on bretts last night heres a peek

Brejen
23-04-2009, 09:49 AM
hi jason mate those couple of pics of elly is what its all about mate great to see you guys are really enjoying yourselves can you email me those pics so i can put them on the wall
i put the roof up on bretts last night heres a peek

Jas the next time we see mine see'll be painted....

Brett

Spaniard_King
23-04-2009, 08:46 PM
Brett,

did you end up geting a donk yet?? Those ones I told you about are up for new owners :)

Brejen
24-04-2009, 05:29 AM
yeah Gary I got your email mate. I have already got a new one. Brand new 175 Optimax with all the trimmings got it for a top price to mate..... Now just gotta get this boat done so i can put it on her..

Mate i'll be down there today from lunch on and all weekend if your around call in and have a look. Love to get your opion on her..

Brett

Chimo
26-04-2009, 11:22 AM
The ship's starting to look like painting will happen soon.............Xmas maybe!::)

Cheers
Chimo

Brejen
27-04-2009, 05:25 AM
Chimo you should see it now , she'll be at the painters this week....
Phil and I had a very big weekend on it..

Brett

pedrodepacus
27-04-2009, 06:32 AM
Chimo you should see it now , she'll be at the painters this week....
Phil and I had a very big weekend on it..

Brett
unless i can think of anything else to put on it ::)

finga
27-04-2009, 07:21 AM
The memories your making for your family will be around long after the cost is forgotten.
Well done :)