PDA

View Full Version : Storing your Boat, Renting Space

Blackened
16-04-2009, 01:07 PM
G'day

I'm making this clear, I'm posting this purely to check interest, mods... do what you see fit.

My cousin has bought a house late last year with 10 acres at mackenzie (mt. cotton road, about 30 second from the gateway)

They have a massive shed on this property ( big enough to make most of you guys cry the way in which it's set up) and they've asked me to check for interest of anyone wishing to store their boat in a shed on private property. Will get dimensions of space available.

Would anyone have a need for this?

Dave

welder
16-04-2009, 03:30 PM
Can you bring it to Texas ?

Wish I had a LARGE shed .

Razgo-
16-04-2009, 03:36 PM
There was a thread started ages ago about people chipping in to get a large shed to store boats but i don't think it went very far with interest.

However I think its a great idea! If i could put my boat on a hardstand somewhere cheap enough for many months I would consider it.

would my 10m x 3.5m wide have room in the shed?

I also have a friend who might be looking to store his 20' pride.

if the price is right i say why not.

Blackened
16-04-2009, 05:02 PM
G'day

I dare say that space would be accommodated easily

Dave

Razgo-
16-04-2009, 05:15 PM
PM me when you have details and prices.

Sabre
23-04-2009, 12:33 PM
Blackened,

I would think there would be interested people. I am looking for a similar thing around Coomera / Jacobs Well for a 5.25m Bowrider. Currently at my brothers but can be a hassle at times, not for him but more so for me.....

Sabre

Noelm
23-04-2009, 01:44 PM
there is quite a few guys down my way that all put in and rent big old industrial shed to store their boats, it works out quite cheap if you can get a few well trusted mates together, plus your boat is under cover and secure, with the added bonus that you are not being nagged about moving the boat to mow/have a party/look tidy or a dozen other reasons SOME wives can find, especially if it is a BIG boat.

sleepygreg
23-04-2009, 08:18 PM
the old Combi Trader base at Scarbie is now a hardstand yard for trailer boats. Can get the phone number if any one is interested. I think they also are getting facilities for non trailer boats as well......looks like they have quite a few 'stands' ready to go.

Greg