PDA

View Full Version : Quality Boat cover for 4.10m Tinny

Scott Ashe
16-04-2009, 11:43 AM
Morning Team,

I have an Allycraft 410 Rhino 2007 model, and because I still live at home I have to park my boat in the backyard. It is covered with a blue Nylon Cover which I purchased from K-mart for around $80, but has faded, and has been torn from the wind at the bow of the boat.

Would anyone be able to recommend someone in Redlands/brisbane that would be able to make a good quality cover that fit my boat. I don't mind paying a bit, but on the other I don't want to pay a million dollars either.

I am based in Redland Bay.

Cheers
Scott

Noelm
16-04-2009, 12:56 PM
not too sure about your area, but down my way there is a couple of mobile guys that do that sort of thing, they just come out, ask what you want, show you a range of materials, give you a price, if it suites, they just make it up, same as canopies and stuff like that.

tinman42
27-04-2009, 12:50 PM
Try a heavy duty camping tarp from BCF at around $90.00 with 3 year warranty. $30.00 per year is a cheap cover.

Grumpah
28-04-2009, 09:52 PM
Scott,

I had the same problem. New 4.2 Mako with electric on the bow and wanted a trailerable cover that worked. Looked at all the BCF, Whitworth and Bias covers and nothing looked the goods. Then i found a card for Chris Pearce from Affordable Boat Covers.
Fantastic! Yes - I paid more than I would have for a cheap bit of chinese nylon but take a look at it. Chris came out with a huge bit of Sunbrella canvas and fiddled about like a Saville Row tailor for about 2 hours. Pinning here, cutting there, taking a tuck here, and covering the blue canvas with white chalk marks. 2 days later he's back - and the thing fits like a glove, is as tough as teak and didn't move at 100k in a head wind. Boy - am I glad I kept my money for a local bloke and didn't give it to China.

Mate - do yourself a big favour and spend Uncle Kevin 07's money on some great Queensland workmanship and you'll stimulate more than the economy!!
I know Chris travels to the Redlands because he'd been there before he came to my place to measure up.

Cheers
Graeme C

Zodiac fisho
30-04-2009, 07:34 PM
Check this site out
http://oceansouth.com.au/Covers.html
Marinesafe Australia in Slacks Creek have stock of there covers.
I have one on my Allycraft. Only around $160 mark

Peter4
01-05-2009, 08:37 AM
Give Gary a ring at Cleveland Upholsterers on 3286 5282....made a custom cover for my Horizon Stalker 400 which has been to Monduran three times (9 hour round trip) and as far north as Peter Faust Dam near Proserpine (25 hour round trip) with absolutely no dramas......

Scott Ashe
01-05-2009, 08:51 AM
Hi All,

Thanks to everyone for your input , I will look at making a few calls, within the next couple of weeks, as I'm looking at going camping and hopefully getting a fish or two, at the "pin" for a few days next week.

Cheers
Scott

Toddy_again
01-05-2009, 09:06 AM
Look here http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/member.php?u=31074.
He is a member here and does an excellent job at a good price.I dont have any pics of mine but I am very happy with it.Give him a yell.

Toddy