PDA

View Full Version : Cape yesterday

Fish_gutz
15-04-2009, 07:46 PM
Stayed in the bay overnight and fished the sun up then headed around the corner for a looksee and the swell was managable so headed to my mates little spot, first up a huge mouri cod , then my fish for the day, a dirty big mother in law:-/ ! back in it went. More cod came aboard and then another bigger mouri, Cameron was on fire and I had one of those days!we left them biting. lillies etc from the pine and other systems was spotted about half way across the bay and the chocolate water seems to have travelled a fair way out into the bay also. picked up four good bucks in the pots on the way back up the creek with old wahoo frames for bait so we managed a good feed. the biggest mouri went 5.9kg and the big cod went nine something!
P.S what is it with some boaties that see a boat in the middle of nowhere and park right in the drift:-/. anyways thats my whinge!
Cheers Andrew

therapy
15-04-2009, 07:52 PM
Some nice thick fillets there Andrew. Are those cod in the middle of the pic gold spots? Oh and I nearly forgot about the bonus muddies!! Well done mate, good to see someone out there midweek taking advantage of the conditions(just wish it was me!!!)lol.....

Cheers....Terry....

-spiro-
15-04-2009, 08:02 PM
Some good cod there mate

goggles
15-04-2009, 08:03 PM
thats sum good chewing there muzz well done. Wayno

skipalong
15-04-2009, 08:16 PM
good size cod there mate the esturys pull great for there weight

justin

SWANY22
15-04-2009, 09:26 PM
old cameron the cod king not a bad effort were the crabs caught where you launch from.

Benno1
15-04-2009, 09:32 PM
healthy esky boys...nice one!!!...those Maori cod are very tasty...what bait did you use???...cheers for the piccies and report :D

Mrs Benno1
Sunny

jtpython
15-04-2009, 09:49 PM
That is the largest Mouri Cod i've ever seen
Good stuff
JT

Smithy
16-04-2009, 08:45 AM
Just a heads up that Gold Spot Estuary Cod are now deemed Coral Reef Fin Fish and have to have pec fins clipped like Maoris etc.

Not a bad feed at all.

Fish_gutz
16-04-2009, 09:08 AM
Therapy..... Yes mate gold spots.

Skipalong... They certainly do pull.... ruined me more than once on the snapper gear but cameron came prepared with the penn senator and heavy mono.I`ll be more prepered next time.

Swanny.... The crabs came from my favourite spots on the way out the creek. biggest went 195mm across the back. crab sangers for lunch today.

Mrs Benno... Mainly livies jigged from the same spot but we also were using pillies.

JTPython.... Thats what I said when I saw them come up...... Fished the swains and plenty of reefs up north but never seen ones that big.

Smithy.... Thanks mate but they all had there fins chopped some more than others..... blunt scissors and slimmy fins are not easy to snip. more like chunked sections cut out. thanks anyways.

f.t.r.
16-04-2009, 09:25 AM
nice fish champ

lucky i didnt radio call you as i really didnt need to hear how good you were going, on top of our empty esky and jarheads massive aj.

enjoy the sandwiches

matty

Fish_gutz
16-04-2009, 10:01 AM
Hey Matty, I didn`t know you blokes were heading out or else I would have called you`s up. Wals AJ is a thumper. nearly sandwich time! Cheers Andrew

Fishing_Freddy
16-04-2009, 12:15 PM
Well done on the mid week catch. Lets hope it only gets better as winter comes around.
Ken :beer:

jarhead
16-04-2009, 07:17 PM
Healthy haul there Muz, like where we were the snaps did'nt want to play the game hey?

Wal

Fish_gutz
17-04-2009, 11:07 PM
No Wal the bigger snapps were not where we were,we got plenty of undersize early morning in the bay but nothing for the esky. see you at work! Cheers Andrew