PDA

View Full Version : Thought you knew everything about Barra. The article you can't afford to miss!

SeekingBarradise
14-04-2009, 01:27 PM
In the current climate of hard fishing and with many seemingly lost, i thought this article was too good to sit quietly on the net.

I think everyone should have the opportunity to read & learn from such a good article that has obviously taken a lot of time & fishing experience to produce.

In an era where we have seen 5cents go from buying 5 lollies to only 1, drumsticks seemed to shrink from the size of your fist to the size of a chuppa chup, hamburgers used to be so big you needed a chainsaw to cut through them and they left your stomach looking like a python just ate a rock wallaby, yet these days they look like 2 pikelets stacked on top of each other with a sprinkling of butter and salt that wouldn't feed a tapeworm.

Value is thrinking, thats for sure.

However it's refreshing to see an article good enough to print in any National Magazine, get posted up on the net for free to help people in tough times.

Cost to you= It's Free.

Money spent on fishing by the author = hundreds of thousands of dollars from non sponsored wages.

I hope this is noted and appreciated.

Enjoy the read.

http://www.sweetwaterfishing.com.au/Forum/index.php/topic,3730.0.html

:-/ :-/ :-/

I hope you all had a Happy Easter with friends and family and everyone got home safe from their travels. It's been great to see so many families and especially kids getting outdoors exploring this great country of ours.

Cheers Lyndon.

Pete62
14-04-2009, 02:54 PM
Thanks for the heads up Lyndon, quite a read and I haven't even started on the links yet.

Pete.

jayvee
14-04-2009, 03:25 PM
that is an awsome read.very long but very worth it. what an eye opener
cheers JAYVEE

Tropicaltrout
14-04-2009, 07:55 PM
Mate I would love to see that post made sticky as the first post of the Barra diary for all to read over and over.

A good read for sure....

BR65
14-04-2009, 08:43 PM
Post the link here??

http://www.brisbanefishing.com.au/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=237&func=view&catid=14&id=180725

BR65
14-04-2009, 08:57 PM
Done, will be interesting to see the reaction, considering previous limited education attempts on the virtues of pro-active c&r techniques were howled down with gusto.........

NAGG
15-04-2009, 06:05 AM
Its going to make a great campfire discussion topic this weekend:P

Chris

Steve B
15-04-2009, 09:27 AM
Its going to make a great campfire discussion topic this weekend:P

Chris

Sure will.!;)
send you a PM soon.

STIFFWORM
15-04-2009, 11:25 AM
Thanks 4 the tip Lyndon. Mate what a read! He must have a brain like Stephen Hawkings .IM SURE HE WAS TALKING ABOUT ME ALL THE GEAR AND NO IDEA.:P Guna have 2 read that 1 a few times then again.I need 2 open my eyes ears and mind more and get my nose out of the mags more, and instead of going 2 the tackle store and buying the latest ubeaut lure[which im a sucker 4]:-[ .Ill take some lures 2 the pool and c how i can improve them and my technique. Got 2 get up the dam this weekend. CHEERS LES