PDA

View Full Version : Cape Moreton Report

Liberty
14-04-2009, 12:51 PM
Went out to Cape Moreton yesterday (Easter Monday) with 10-15s forecast.

Departed Scarborough 6:00am.

Arrived Cape 6:35am.

It was seriously cr_p.

Turned around.

Went home.

:(

Frank OO
14-04-2009, 02:39 PM
Nigel,

I know how much you have been waiting for a trip to the Cape but I must admit I didn't even consider anything this weekend.

Frank OO

Liberty
14-04-2009, 02:50 PM
Nigel,

I know how much you have been waiting for a trip to the Cape but I must admit I didn't even consider anything this weekend.

Frank OO

Soft, Frank, you're getting soft!

The Frank I used to know would have put on his underwear on the outside, grabbed his Egrell and stormed out to sea muttering words of damnation at Neptune.

Staying at home with a loverly cup o' English Breakfast just doesnt cut it ... Jees Frank what's the point of having an EPIRB if you never use it?

;D

bdaearth
14-04-2009, 02:57 PM
We also did much the same trip but stopped in at curtin reef with the other 476 boats!!!

Seadog 2
14-04-2009, 04:22 PM
G,day Nigel,
Not surprised you give it away yesterday, but still nice to give the boat a run.
Regards Daryl

PlasticFantastic
14-04-2009, 04:43 PM
I was stupid enough to head out South Passage bar to the Sevens yesterday for one lonely mac tuna. It's the first time i've felt slightly sea sick, the conditions were pretty average to say the least. Only saw about three boats out there, not sure if they were catching anything though.

PlasticFantastic

lippa
14-04-2009, 06:26 PM
deano sent that video of the big girl with 450 hp brendan, what a machine!

reel scream
14-04-2009, 07:12 PM
Was going out in the morn but will head towards Caloundra i thinks. Must have been shitty for you to pull out Nigel.

Cheers Scott

ps Troy opted out of tomorrow to do the good husband thing.

captain rednut
14-04-2009, 09:08 PM
hi nigel
ive been ready to go for three weeks but the cape's live wind reading and the swell size have differed from the forecast??? and depends on which forecast you read it gets more confusing, (how unusual). we are hoping we can get out later this week or weekend. ill let you know how we go.
jim

catfish55
14-04-2009, 10:06 PM
Soft, Frank, you're getting soft!

The Frank I used to know would have put on his underwear on the outside, grabbed his Egrell and stormed out to sea muttering words of damnation at Neptune.

Staying at home with a loverly cup o' English Breakfast just doesnt cut it ... Jees Frank what's the point of having an EPIRB if you never use it?

;D

love it just luv it.hahaha very good.
and bad luck on the trip mate. $%%$# happens some times. as long as it dosn't happen all the time....pat

Liberty
15-04-2009, 01:19 PM
BDAEarth ... yeah we stopped at Curtin for a while as well. Released one Squire and moved on.

SeaDog 2 ... Hey Daryl, time for a Snapper rematch soon ...

PlasticFantastic ... Yeah it was meant to be calmer further south.

Real Scream ... Hey Scotty. We were still getting airborne at 12 knots ...

Captain Rednut ... Hey Jim. Weather has got to improve sometime soon. Got that electrical issue fixed too ... seems batteries need water ... ;-)

Catfish 55 ... Bad luck would have been the result from staying out longer. This was just bad weather .... Ah well.

Cheers!
Nigel