PDA

View Full Version : Hervey Bay Easter Weekend

Sandman
14-04-2009, 08:41 AM
Did the annual easter run to HB, this time without my boat as my mate has just got him self a nice southwind. We headed out Friday night for the change of tide only prob is that we had no GPS :-/ and a very old sounder on its way out, the plan was to fish close to the Artifical with only the land and markers as a refrence point.
Anchor down the night was looking pretty poor with a few solid runs only to end up with the odd squire undersize , grinners >:( and a couple of toothy critters, we then pulled the pin.

We headed out Sunday afternoon again to fish the change this time the bite was good and better sized squirey snapper comming on board, none were kept as we were hoping to pull some larger sized Snapper, with only a short window to fish as dinner was waiting at home we pulled the pin again>:( Its a pitty as i am sure a few more hours we would have come up with some good size snapper. Sorry no photoes. I did see Smithy on the way to the ramp looked like he had been out for the day.

Mick

Spaniard_King
14-04-2009, 08:45 AM
Hi Mick, how was the weather in Geneal, rain as predicted didnt really turn up untill last night down here!

Benno1
14-04-2009, 09:03 AM
how did your maters new Southwind travel tho Mick???...pity about the no fish...better luck to you both next time :D

Mrs Benno1
Sunny

Sandman
14-04-2009, 09:31 AM
Garry, It was suprisingly good as it was a SE it was fairly protected, a bit of rain around but i believe compared to Brisbane it was great weather, Have to catch up with you soon Garry.

Benno the Southwind had me thinking i should get one :) Its abit under powered with a 50 4stroke on her i reckon a 75 would be alot better, fishing 3 in the boat was not bad at all , on Friday i took the boat out for his wife as she is in the outrigger club in HB, we had far to much weight in the boat but it handled ok considering but not something that should be repeated IMO!!!
He purchased this boat for a steal off Ebay at a price you would have a coronry over!!! Of course it needs a few things such as GPS and Sounder i believe GrandMarlin is on to that :)

Cheers Mick

Smithy
16-04-2009, 10:15 AM
Yeh I was up there but didn't do anywhere near as good at Tim D did on charter with Mark Bargenquest. Couldn't find a surface school anywhere. All of our fish came vertical spinning off the bottom in a few places. A couple of mack tuna and a couple of trevally.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x197/blackfin15/Charters/2009/April/P1010101sm.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x197/blackfin15/Charters/2009/April/Pics001sm.jpg

Sandman
16-04-2009, 10:43 AM
Smithy we came across a few tuna but didnt bother with them but they were all breaking the surface.