PDA

View Full Version : Jacobs Well Pontoon

dop
13-04-2009, 06:04 PM
G'day fellow Ausfishers

Seen the brand new pontoon at JACOBS WELL ! Finally spending some rego monies for us fishos !
Being a real bitch now - why a pontoon that can only hold 2 boats?
Would of thought a pontoon that could hold at least 4 plus would of been the choice, considering the amount of users to this area.
Designers must come from EPA !!!! Just my opinion****

Regards
PETER

Jeremy
13-04-2009, 07:05 PM
I saw that for the first time over Easter also. Good to see. I guess if boaties only use it for a minute or two for loading/unloading passengers, rather than tying up while they go get a pie and chips, things probably will be OK.

Jeremy

Angla
13-04-2009, 11:39 PM
So where did they position it. Any possibility of a picture.

Cheers
Chris

JT
14-04-2009, 12:21 PM
Noticed that there is a sign up stating you can tie up for a max time of 20 minutes, IMO that's way too long, it should just be for the pick up & set down of passengers - it'll be nice not to have to get chilly feet during early morning winter bream & flathead sessions.

Chris, its located right next to the last lane at the Western side of the ramp. You can still launch boats if you have a 4x4 on the little beach between the new pontoon and the jetty.

A word of caution though when using the lane next to the new pontoon - its that close that during a run in tide and NE to SE winds if your boat gets pushed around too much I can see damage due to boats going under the ramp and also snapped rods if your boat goes under while they are still in verticle rod holders.

Cheers

John