PDA

View Full Version : Approximate Prices......anyone ???

Donny Boy
10-04-2009, 04:15 PM
A question for the wiser ones out there..........................

Looking to upgrade the Motor on this thing. :(

What should I expect to pay for a Yamaha 90 ...say around 2006 or later.............

or a Yamaha 115 (2 stroke or 4 ) say no older than 2007....??? :-/

Hopefully both units would have low hours........or not Cricket Scores anyway !!

I can't even find a decent link to look at, without getting 2nd hand Boats.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! >:(

Spaniard_King
10-04-2009, 05:28 PM
Don,

you just don't find good second hand 4 strokes, they get snapped up real quick!

you unlikely to find a 2 stroke which is only a couple of years old in the 90-115 hp bracket, there just too popular in that range. ing the local boatiing outlets and tell them what your after and that you will look at anything in the range between A - B. failing this keep an eye out in the trading post.

What is max HP for your hull??

stinky-stabi
10-04-2009, 06:17 PM
A question for the wiser ones out there..........................

Looking to upgrade the Motor on this thing. :(

What should I expect to pay for a Yamaha 90 ...say around 2006 or later.............

or a Yamaha 115 (2 stroke or 4 ) say no older than 2007....??? :-/

Hopefully both units would have low hours........or not Cricket Scores anyway !!

I can't even find a decent link to look at, without getting 2nd hand Boats.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! >:(

try ebay m8 i saw a brand new etec 90 there from a boat dealership for 8900 fitted ...great price i paid over 13000 for same motor???

disorderly
10-04-2009, 06:58 PM
try ebay m8 i saw a brand new etec 90 there from a boat dealership for 8900 fitted ...great price i paid over 13000 for same motor???

Sounds like a scam for sure...

Your best bet might be a 5-10 year old 2 stroke that somebody is selling to upgrade to a DI 2 stroke or 4 stroke...sometimes see them about for good value...possibly nothing wrong with them other than they are not in fashion...

Otherwise go new and get the warranty..

tin can marlin
10-04-2009, 07:21 PM
I think etec are doing a big dump on motors at the moment as they are starting to have issues with them.

Donny Boy
10-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Don,

.................................................. ..........................................
What is max HP for your hull??

Thanks Gary,

I'll try that mate, thanks.................as for max HP.........no idea.
The thing that's on it pushes it along pretty well.........that's a 115.

The boat is an old Crestrida 5.5m Half Cab as seen in the avatar.

The builder was in Labrador & has long since gone to god, as far as I can ascertain. No manual, books, contacts .............nuthin'

Blackened
10-04-2009, 07:32 PM
I think etec are doing a big dump on motors at the moment as they are starting to have issues with them.

G'day

That's interesting, could you tell me your sources of that info?

Also, how'd you go crabbing today?

Dave

Donny Boy
10-04-2009, 07:33 PM

Where did you here that one ????? What issues ?????? :o:o

E-tec was my next choice. :(

But I might think again if someone's taking a dump on 'em..........;);D

Blackened
10-04-2009, 07:44 PM
G'day Donny

Have just seen this add on the trading post

MERCURY OUTBOARD MOTOR,, 115hp, 4-stroke, 2003 model, extra long 25 shaft, controls, 4-blade stainless steel propellor, some guages, good-condition, $3,950, PARKWOOD

Sounds too cheap but who knows?

Dave

Spaniard_King
10-04-2009, 08:29 PM
Theres a 140 suzi in the foresale section on here.. same weight as the suzi 115 just a few more ponies.. worth lookin at I recon for $8500.

siegfried
10-04-2009, 11:00 PM
Where did you here that one ????? What issues ?????? :o:o

E-tec was my next choice. :(

But I might think again if someone's taking a dump on 'em..........;);D
Nahh mate its a myth everyone knows they aint worth dumpin on:-X

Donny Boy
11-04-2009, 07:55 AM
Theres a 140 suzi in the foresale section on here.. same weight as the suzi 115 just a few more ponies.. worth lookin at I recon for $8500.

I wonder how it would compare in weight to the Dinosaur in back of mine.

Johno V4 OMC 115 Early 80's (?).............

Does a new transom ( 15mths ) help as far as weight / power goes ????

I guess it follows that if the Transom can deal with the weight now..........
and that thing is similar in weight..............then OK.

( I worked that out all by myself, too ! )

Just had a look at that thing Gary.............looks alright eh !

Now to look at the pennys.....................

troy
11-04-2009, 03:11 PM
Care to explain ?????
Troy

Chimo
11-04-2009, 03:54 PM
Donny

I think you would find your old 115HP weighs in at about 133kg for the short and 3 or 5 mor for longer shaft
The new Etec 115 is 167 to 170 for longer.

Cheers
Chimo

webby
11-04-2009, 04:33 PM
Max hp for the boat is 140, as shes the rig as mine.
I have a 130 yammie with long leg and you in mine mind you diffidently need that extra horse power to push her along, as there not the lightest boat with the clinker hulls.
Then again i use mine offshore and mostly in the bay and she eats the bay up even in gusty 20's.
Ask those that have fished off it, and see it, and with the 130 she fairly scoots along.
regards

finga
11-04-2009, 07:50 PM
Give ya $100 for the Dinosaur matey :)
Why change the motor if your happy with it??
It's been done up hasn't it matey or has a hitch been encountered?
Cheers Scott :)

Donny Boy
12-04-2009, 07:18 AM
Give ya $100 for the Dinosaur matey :)
Why change the motor if your happy with it??
It's been done up hasn't it matey or has a hitch been encountered?
Cheers Scott :)

Thanks for that Scotty.....Could use that dough to buy Easter Eggs !!!

Yeah, has been completely gone over & re-done, and now just had a service done as well......just to be sure. ...............But still an old Motor.

Just had a couple of annoying things happen, like Motor died when powering up one day, Bastard to start another day, a relay on the tilt control suddenly shit itself, the Rectifier went.

All only minor things to fix......but still have cost quite a few $ ......not to mention the inconvenience of it all, and the timing.............sheesh !
The last time was the "Bastard to start & Motor died when powering up" stakes, 2 Saturdays back when it was blowing at 25 - 30 knots at the pin.

We were fishing the hole near Whalleys' gutter when it decided not to play fair, & died as I powered up........having just pulled the pick.

In no time I'm on the Mud Flat there on a run out tide...jumped out...pushed her back out to a metre deep and she'd start (eventually) & die on powering up. :o Took a good 45 minutes before she decided to go. >:(
Then............not a problem at all..........took her thru Whalleys', the 5 ways, & right around Kangaroo, past Rudi Maas & back to the Well the long way, didn't miss a beat.
Died again at the ramp trying to drive onto the trailer. WTF ???>:(
Fuel filter clear...Carbys clear...Lines OK.....small crack in Primer Bulb though.
Had the advance (?) adjusted....all good. Put a new impellor on in the service too.

All OK now....;D ...bastard at the time...........:(

Just can't help but think "Will all these little things just go away with a new or newer donk on it ????.......because that's the only area of concern. :-/

Donny Boy
12-04-2009, 07:22 AM
Max hp for the boat is 140, as shes the rig as mine.
I have a 130 yammie with long leg and you in mine mind you diffidently need that extra horse power to push her along, as there not the lightest boat with the clinker hulls.
Then again i use mine offshore and mostly in the bay and she eats the bay up even in gusty 20's.
Ask those that have fished off it, and see it, and with the 130 she fairly scoots along.
regards

Webby,
you're not far from me.....if you've got a few minutes to spare, can I hook round to you and see how yours is set up...maybe pick your brains a bit about this ???

PM me or ring the mobile 0407 655669.
Cheers

Spaniard_King
12-04-2009, 08:03 AM
Webby,

how do you think that 140 suzi would go on that hull??

indian man
12-04-2009, 10:06 AM
strech to a four stroke DB cheap to run quite reliable youl never go back try yamaha at yatala they mite help

Donny Boy
12-04-2009, 10:26 AM
strech to a four stroke DB cheap to run quite reliable youl never go back try yamaha at yatala they mite help

Yeah mate,
I know Paul quite well, was thinking I'll go and talk to him, see what he says.

(Last time, I went in to talk about a trailer & he wanted to sell me a $ 6K motor.............Mongrel he is...:D Mind you, if I'd known then what I know now..)

webby
12-04-2009, 05:20 PM
I had a 140 suzkie on it before the yammie, that was 4 years ago.
The only problems with the bigger motor and the yammie is the same, is they make the arse end sit down a bit when anchored, and with the deep vee the same as most boats she rocks and rolls a bit when anchored.
maybe the new motors these days are lighter and you wont have that problem, but with that extra power, she gets on the plane quite easy and i dont run any accessories to help.
It also helps when crossing the bars or shitty bay waters, with the instant power of a two stroke of getting out of the holes or catching a wave etc.
Fuel economy is still good.
Yeah mate drop around, she not in a good looking state at present as i am doing the repaint thing and every couple of years do a spruce up on her.
I had the canopy raised on mine so you can stand and look over the screen, plus give you that extra head room.
regards

Donny Boy
12-04-2009, 06:22 PM
What about raising the transom height ????

Would that help with the arse sitting down ???? :-/

stinky-stabi
12-04-2009, 08:04 PM
i think your the only one have'n a dump tcm

finga
16-04-2009, 01:12 PM
here's one for ya
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=731

Donny Boy
16-04-2009, 08:28 PM
Thanks Scotty... .......................... 1, 2, 3, ..................
Saw that one ...............................4, 5, 6 ,7........................

Garry put me onto it.......................8, 9, 10, 11, .........................

Looks like a top unit too.................12, 13, 14, 15, 16,......................

Well maintained (17, 18)& not a lot of work according to the write up ( 19, 20 )

What was it ??? 8 & a half ????? :o

Not long to go now ..........................( 21, 22, 23, 24...........) ;)

Hey with your hundred, we're really cookin ! ...........125, 126, 127, 128 .....

Give ya $100 for the Dinosaur matey http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/smiley.gif

finga
17-04-2009, 06:57 AM
I'll make it easier matey.
I'll donate 3,059 and 3,060 and 3,061 for you too.
I'll do without my beer money this week :D