PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Easter Weather in Brisbane - Get Your Boats Ready!

BaitThrower
09-04-2009, 11:47 AM
Forecast for Friday
Shower or two. Moderate SE winds. Precis: Shower or two City: Min 19 Max 26Bayside: Min 19 Max 26

Saturday Showers. Min 19 Max 26
Sunday Showers. Min 19 Max 26
Monday Showers. Min 20 Max 27
Tuesday Few showers. Min 20 Max 28
Wednesday Shower or two. Min 20 Max 29

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

TimiBoy
09-04-2009, 12:21 PM
First good trip last year was 5 May, I seem to recall. Still some time to go before it gets good...

I feel your pain!

Cheers,

Tim

Peter4
09-04-2009, 12:45 PM
Who cares about a bit of rain? Wind is the determining factor.

According to BOM & seabreeze the bay should be OK tomorrow and Monday.....

therapy
09-04-2009, 01:09 PM
I will be in the Brisbane river tomorrow night regardless of rain (filling tide,filling moon!!)!! The wind seems to be dropping out a bit at night so that's the main thing. As for the rain, that's what they invented wet weather gear for. Good luck to anyone else getting out in possibly less than ideal conditions and I hope to be posting snapper photo's on Saturday!!

Cheers....Terry.........

Fishbait
09-04-2009, 02:00 PM
I'll be out somewhere for sure - rain doesn't worry me - its escaping the wind. See you out there folks. Have a safe one, and Happy Easter. Cheers, Darren

TimiBoy
09-04-2009, 02:34 PM
Tuesday's my day. Cobia day.

Cheers,

Tim

Dezzer
09-04-2009, 04:48 PM
As for the rain, that's what they invented wet weather gear for.

Cheers....Terry.........

Which is still in my boat if you haven't realized yet :D

Kero
09-04-2009, 05:19 PM
If it's only a few showers, I'll be out! Hopefully the wind behaves itself though.

therapy
09-04-2009, 09:02 PM
Which is still in my boat if you haven't realized yet :D

Bugger!!! Luckily I have some other one's(that don't quite fit!!:-[) so will have to make do and refit the targa and bimini tomorrow!! Or I could get all Rambo and cut a head hole in a tarp, bit of 60lb mono round the waist area.....;D

Terry....

Damned67
10-04-2009, 12:12 AM
I'm hoping the wind behaves.... I'm supposed to be collecting my first/new boat on Saturday, so I plan to be spending some (wet) time on the water ;D

PinHead
10-04-2009, 07:26 AM
oh the trauma and mental stress..I promised the boss that I would clean out the roof gutters today..and would you believe it..some light rain this morning..what shall I do...risk life and limb on the roof or defer till another day (probably about 2 years down the track)...woe is me...I don't know how to handle the situation.
Life can be so tough at times.

Lucky_Phill
10-04-2009, 07:41 AM
Greg, it's 7.30 and you have been at work....

Now now, you know we don't get " Public Holidays off "......

I think the roof job requires a Plumber.... how's the mastercard holding up. :o

No fishing this weekend for Team Lucky_Phill and Brooke, but I do have some 4 x 4 action happening on Sunday.

Also good time to do final items on ReBait.

New CD/ radio, new Live bait pump and some fixing of issues that apparent professionals did ( or didn't do ) as this case is.

Have fun you guys on the water and stay safe.

phill

Mr__Bean
12-04-2009, 06:35 AM
Hmmmmmm, towed the boat (and family) 1200 Km's up to Airlie Beach. Idea being that we enjoy some day trips out around the islands and their beaches and if weather is good do the long trip out to the reef for some top class snorkelling etc.

Also chucked the rods in for some early morning fishing while the boss sleeps in.

Well, we got here on Thursday and it has blown its ass off and absolutely pissed rain ever since!!

Two walking trips into the main shopping area (about 10 minute walk) have ended with a turnback and drowned rats coming back up the apartment lift with tails between legs.

Thank God we took an apartment and didn't decide to camp.

Can someone please advise actually when the "Beautiful One Day Perfect The Next" bit is meant to kick in?

- Darren

PinHead
12-04-2009, 07:53 AM
Hmmmmmm, towed the boat (and family) 1200 Km's up to Airlie Beach. Idea being that we enjoy some day trips out around the islands and their beaches and if weather is good do the long trip out to the reef for some top class snorkelling etc.

Also chucked the rods in for some early morning fishing while the boss sleeps in.

Well, we got here on Thursday and it has blown its ass off and absolutely pissed rain ever since!!

Two walking trips into the main shopping area (about 10 minute walk) have ended with a turnback and drowned rats coming back up the apartment lift with tails between legs.

Thank God we took an apartment and didn't decide to camp.

Can someone please advise actually when the "Beautiful One Day Perfect The Next" bit is meant to kick in?

- Darren

that's easy..it will be perfect the first day you are back at work

Donny Boy
12-04-2009, 10:01 AM
oh the trauma and mental stress..I promised the boss that I would clean out the roof gutters today..and would you believe it..some light rain this morning..what shall I do...risk life and limb on the roof or defer till another day (probably about 2 years down the track)...woe is me...I don't know how to handle the situation.
Life can be so tough at times.

Harden up Skipper.......get up that ladder ......think of fire safety around the home.

Why...a bushfire could come thru tomorra & burn the place down .......and then how do you explain to the beloved that you coulda saved the place if you'd cleaned the gutters !!!!
:o:o
Shame on you......I'll bet the Air Con doesn't work either....
...and we all know how much of a necessity they are on these hot days !!!!
;D;)