PDA

View Full Version : The Perils of Rock Fishing

charleville
08-04-2009, 07:55 AM
This is an interesting little video done with a time lapse technique that really emphasises the relative magnitude of ocean swells against the insignificant size of rock fishermen and accordingly why the latter get consumed by the ocean so often.

ie I read in today's Courier Mail that five rock fishermen have drowned in NSW since September.

http://vimeo.com/3156959

Worth a look.

blacksunday
08-04-2009, 08:08 AM
well done little clip least it had a happy ending

udlman
11-04-2009, 06:30 PM
Tilt shift photography, he does some good stuff.

Tangles
11-04-2009, 06:39 PM
heavily posted with the minature set feel.. great stuff.. a bloke does this as well with photographs and you would swear they where handbuilt minature sets... we did a something similar for work....all compositing post effects, amazing what you can do in a computer today

Charlie
13-04-2009, 09:33 AM
I happen to know that spot very well having walked past it on the way to somewhere safer at least a hundred times, you need to climb down a chain past the plaques of some of the fishos who have died before you, some people call it an acident I don't know history has a way of repeating itself.

the gecko
16-04-2009, 06:21 AM
you need to climb down a chain past the plaques of some of the fishos who have died before you.

What a great idea!! That would sober you up quicksmart.:o

I sold a few houses for the guy who runs westpac chopper at the Gold Coast, and got to know him. Hes a top bloke, and they deserve heaps of help. They have to be able to respond within 20 mins, so theres a few hispeed car runs from home to the chopper base, I can tell you.

Did anybody else have trouble watching this video? Its very jerky. I tried 2 browsers and its still hard to watch, but you get the idea.