PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Here Fish Abt Tournaments

russ81
05-04-2009, 07:15 PM
Hows it going guys

Was wondering if anyone here fishes ABT tournaments and if so how do you find them?

I am looking at fishing some events once i get sent back down south and would love to hear ppls experiences(good or bad)

Cheers

Russ

breamnut
05-04-2009, 08:13 PM
a fair few people hear fish the abt,summer series and gamakasu rounds.
ive enjoyed them so far.
log onto www.bream.com click forums on the top of your page, you will need to sign up to see all the upcoming comps and the like.

russ81
05-04-2009, 08:18 PM
Cheers mate

Ive had a look at the site havent registered yet ill go do that now

Russ

captain rednut
05-04-2009, 08:30 PM
hi russ sorry i didnt relize there were two forms of abt tournaments? thanks for letting me know anyway? jim

coelacanth
05-04-2009, 08:37 PM
Hi Russ , ABT is great , just depends on where you live and what you want to target. Another comp NSW Bassin also is running and they put on a great tournament as well.
Ian

russ81
05-04-2009, 08:48 PM
At the moment i am in Darwin so I am a no go but I will be living in Vic next year but I am willing to travel to NSW AND QLD for events I will be mainly concentrating on bream but will also target bass on the odd occasion. Once I get down there I will be trying to enter as many comps as possible.

Russ

Just_chips
06-04-2009, 09:10 AM
I fished the Kayak rounds for bream this year and I have got to say that I am impressed with the proffesionalism with which these events are run. I am trying to juggle a few things to be able to enter a couple of events as a non-boater to try and pick up a few more skills and tips before next years events.

If the normal ABT events are 1/2 as good as the kayak rounds then they should be great fun for all and I would definately recommend giving it a shot.

Kev

Dodgy_Back
07-04-2009, 11:02 AM
I find The ABT comps great, You get to fish with a lot of like minded fisho's.
Ideally , start as a non boater so you can get the feel of the comps and if you like you can step to the next level and take your boat and enter as a Boater.
They are not every ones cup of tea, but if you want to fish with a bit of a competative lean , they are the way to go.

Cheers
Mick

matt fraser
08-04-2009, 02:58 PM
I've been fishing ABT comps for many years, and keep turning up, because its a lot of fun, and you learn so much. Its amazing how quickly fishing tackle and techniques continue to evolve. There is no doubt that ABT events drive a large part of the tackle trade, new lures, lines, reels, boats, electronics etc are continually being tested and tuned by tournament anglers looking for a competitive edge.

Its amazing how quickly trends emerge - no one had heard of blades two years ago, now every bream and most bass anglers have at least a dozen in the tackle arsenal. If an angler wins on a particular lure or even a particular colour of lure - that model of lure generally sells out of the tackle shops pretty quick.

Abt comps are the quickest way to learn about cast and retrieve, bream, bass and barra fishing. You get to meet a lot of fishing fanatics and tackle junkies.

Best part about it, its pretty cheap to enter as a non-boater, around $110 will get you two days on the water with two different anglers, hopefully they know what they are doing and you've got a pretty good shot at getting a ride in a fast boat, and a shot at winning some good prizes. Heaps cheaper than hiring a guide!

Give it a go,

Matt