PDA

View Full Version : Gladstone wreck

barra_cuda81
05-04-2009, 07:13 PM
Awoke this morning at 4:30am to p#@sing down rain. Messaged the next door neighbour and called our early fishing trip off. Come 8am check BOM radar and rain has eased so out we go. My 15ft console tinnie was greeted at Nth entrance by messy chop on top of some decent ground swell. Ummed and ahhhed and thought stuff it lets duck out to one of the nearby wrecks. Punched out in the 10/15knt 1.5m seas, got soaked in the process and started sounding round for our mark. Thank god another keen punter was out for a fish as we were way off the wreck with the mark given to us. "El Torro" kindly showed us where it was and obliged to let us drift quite close to his anchored position. Soft pastics were again killing it, with nearly every drop getting hammered. Unfortunately most of them were bludger trevally, best going 6kg. After about a dozen or so trevors decided to anchor over the wreck, and ended up scoring a nice little trout 42cm and two big cod. The biggest went 9kg and 98cm. The call was made and we turned for home with a fair following sea which made me feel a bit anxious being out in only a 15ft tinnie. All in all a fun day out, maybe not the best conditions but a few fish in the ice box none the less. Once again thanks heaps to "El torro" for sharing his mark and a few laughs with us during the day!

Benno1
05-04-2009, 09:53 PM
good to see you getting out amongst it Barra...and you came home with a feed to boot...nice one :D

Mrs Benno1
Sunny

jtpython
05-04-2009, 09:53 PM
Good to see mate
We didin't do so well off the Cap Coast but i hope a few others did
JT

Chris_2184
06-04-2009, 09:24 AM
Good stuff mate..........care to PM me the GPS position? I'm new to using soft plastics offshore and keen on getting onto a few fish....even if they're only trevors;D