PDA

View Full Version : Townsville Friday- Perfect weather

eugah
03-04-2009, 09:34 PM
My son & I left the Coast Guard Ramp at about 8am & it was glassed out all the way. First went out to the Bomber wreck & while there was good shows on the sounder it turned out to be 1000's of large Bat Fish. Only got one large Slatey there. As the conditions were still glassed out we diced to head to a spot near Keeper & try our luck there. On arrival there were two other boats i the same area & appeared to be catching a few. We anchored up on some good shows & it wasn't long before we were hooked onto some nice Trevally. These kept coming with almost every drop. My son got one that was chopped in half by something bigger & we used him for bait.This did the trcik as my son then hooked a nice Spangled Emperor about 60cm, followed by a Small Mouth Nanny around the same size. We got some more Trevs, before i got a small Spangled around 45cm.
Still more Trevs before we both got done by something bigger & tougher.
Then I hooked up to something that was playing very hard to get & after a good hard fight I landed a Cobia just ove 1 metre. Caught a few more Trevs before we diced to head for home at about 1pm. Glassed out conditions allowed us to sit on 30kts all the way home & we arrived back at the ramp at about 2.15pm.
Sure beats the hell out of working.

Adrian

ronnien
03-04-2009, 09:42 PM
adrian,
well done to you & your son, weather looks great hey!

ron.

Benno1
04-04-2009, 04:12 AM
great trip out boys...nice work :D...what sort of gear were you using???...thanks for posting the piccies and report :D

Mrs Benno1
Sunny

Dunkxx
04-04-2009, 07:24 AM
Well done indeed. top quality fish and the conditions look perfect. well done

levinge
04-04-2009, 08:42 AM
Adrian, well done big fella, that spot out near Keeper, wouldn't be the one I showed you would it?????

Good haul mate.

eugah
04-04-2009, 08:53 AM
Yeah thats the one Brett, Your mate that was there the day we went was there as well, i think they got alot more than we did, but they were right on the spot. If i didn't have to work today I would have been back out that way.

I hope the weather drops for next weekend in Lucinda as I'd like to get out to Britomart at least one day.

Ron it was the best weather i'd been out in for a long time & usually when it is good weather I catch nothing.

Adrian
Adrian