PDA

View Full Version : Cairns Fishing

Wahoo
02-04-2009, 07:55 PM
we headed out early morning, stopped at our nannie spot for an hour, only a few small large mouth as keepers,moved on to another spot and landed a few Reds, nothing to brag about but still a good feed, the weather was that good we decided to troll the shelf, scored a nice Spanish and a nice Hoo, im not one to post reports as i really dont know what to write, hope you enjoy the few pics, will post more as i load them

Daz

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/4xgold0/stittman.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/4xgold0/P4020030.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/4xgold0/P4020046.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/4xgold0/P4020018.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/4xgold0/P4020006.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/4xgold0/P4020034.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/4xgold0/P4020023.jpg

rosco1974
02-04-2009, 08:11 PM
mate great weather and a good feed of fish...well done...cheers

chop duster
02-04-2009, 08:27 PM
holly shiniz look at that water!
nice cattledog cod too! you head north or south?
With photos like that who needs words?

BR65
02-04-2009, 08:40 PM
Awesome!!!

sleepygreg
02-04-2009, 09:34 PM
Pity about the weather.......you should have picked your day more carefully. (extremely jealous here).

If pics do the talking......your shouting from the hiltops. Top catch...well done.

Greg

Fishing_Freddy
03-04-2009, 08:03 AM
Well done with a catch and pictures like that you don't need to worry about writing to much.
Ken :beer:

Benno1
03-04-2009, 08:09 AM
awesome trip!!!...hey Daz...did you try the 2nd cut on that cracker of a spanish???...or the hoo for that matter???...is that a Rankin Cod under that mouth watering piccie of the Red???...impressive mixed bag...cheers for the piccies :D

Mrs Benno1
Sunny

FNQCairns
03-04-2009, 08:19 AM
Cannot believe the mixed bag, and all of them BIG! what a great day out.

cheers fnq

Pazz01
03-04-2009, 08:44 AM
Good stuff Daz. Water condition looks terrible. Great photos mate. Would you say the reds are a little slow still? Not enough movement in the tide yet. Where abouts did you fish for them ones? You heading out again over the weekend?

Hope the weather holds out, we are going tomorrow night. Hopefully a few are around.

Pazz

lethal098
03-04-2009, 09:07 AM
1 word, sensational,
pictures can speak a thousand words. cheers Lee

Goldfinch
03-04-2009, 10:21 AM
Daz, great photo's. I love Nth QLD. Can't wait to drop a line up there again soon. Amazing conditions.

Dave

Wahoo
03-04-2009, 11:34 AM
thanks all, sorry about the poor write up

Chop Duster, more or less East to Jennie Louise

Mrs B1, i think thats a Blue Maori, and yes i did the tail Cut, thanks

Pazz0, reds are going ok, we come home with a few, i really think tonight and tomorrow will be better, they are being sneaky and not hitting hard, rather sucking and holding for some reason, we did drop quite a few thumpers, i sure you will get a few as they are there, a very good show on the sounder, quite a few good spanish, we had a rather large queenie as live bait in about 30m water and it got smashed by a another nice mac so the big guys are around, good luck out there tomorrow

Daz

Daz

Tim_N
03-04-2009, 03:12 PM
Geez Daz,
You had better lift your game a bit ;) .
Well done. The bloke in the background looks a bit like a short and hairy fella I know.

Tim

jarhead
03-04-2009, 03:44 PM
Awesome weather and some top fish, nice. Gotta love day's like that.

Cheers Wal

skipalong
03-04-2009, 05:26 PM
now thats some awesome weather and top fish

well done daz

cheers justin

disorderly
03-04-2009, 05:47 PM
Nice work Daz some top quality fish there mate...

jtpython
03-04-2009, 06:11 PM
Awesome fish for sure
Good stuff ............ Good weather half the week here and now blowing tomorrow
JT

Wahoo
03-04-2009, 07:01 PM
Geez Daz,
You had better lift your game a bit ;) .
Well done. The bloke in the background looks a bit like a short and hairy fella I know.

Tim

thanks Tim, you might of met or seen this guy if your in Mui Tie, sort of stuff, he has done a few torno's down that way

Daz

Wahoo
03-04-2009, 07:04 PM
Nice work Daz some top quality fish there mate...

thanks Scott, was a bute day on the water, how did you go? put up a piccie , i might head out again tomorrow arvo and have an O/Nighter, god we have it soooo good up this way

Daz

disorderly
03-04-2009, 07:33 PM
thanks Scott, was a bute day on the water, how did you go? put up a piccie , i might head out again tomorrow arvo and have an O/Nighter, god we have it soooo good up this way

Daz

Daz you guys got some real nice fish there ..it really was beautiful out,wasnt it?? and yeah go for it tomorrow night if you can because we both know how shitty the weather can be in winter up here..got to make the most of it when its good..;):)

Mate ..to be honest I'm so over taking out newbies and particularly female ones....

I need to find someone down here thats keen to fish ...It sucks being skipper but having to drive and still pull anchor...tie rigs and bait for others(4 snags..4 new paternoster rigs in 4 drops..I couldnt beleive it...:o)..never again will I take a newby out....

Then to top it off my GPS wasnt working...and I lost a real nice red emperor 5 metres under the boat to a bloody shark.. and also pulled the hooks on a spanish..:'(

FortunatelyI came home with a dozen trout and 15 trickies..good tucker but nothing of the quality that you guys caught...

Phew ...that feels better...;D

Scott

nickstock
03-04-2009, 07:39 PM
That is a quality haul there Daz! The weather is just fantastic at the moment hey!

Scott- It makes it hard taking newbies out .Surely there would be someone at Mission that was into fishing for a decky for you mate>?

Once again Daz, Quality catch for you and the lads!

Nick

dfox
03-04-2009, 07:39 PM
I lost a real nice red emperor 5 metres under the boat to a bloody shark.. Scott

Your getting closer scott, only 5 meters to go!! ;D ...

Wahoo
03-04-2009, 07:46 PM
Daz you guys got some real nice fish there ..it really was beautiful out,wasnt it?? and yeah go for it tomorrow night if you can because we both know how shitty the weather can be in winter up here..got to make the most of it when its good..;):)

Mate ..to be honest I'm so over taking out newbies and particularly female ones....

I need to find someone down here thats keen to fish ...It sucks being skipper but having to drive and still pull anchor...tie rigs and bait for others(4 snags..4 new paternoster rigs in 4 drops..I couldnt beleive it...:o)..never again will I take a newby out....

Then to top it off my GPS wasnt working...and I lost a real nice red emperor 5 metres under the boat to a bloody shark.. and also pulled the hooks on a spanish..:'(

FortunatelyI came home with a dozen trout and 15 trickies..good tucker but nothing of the quality that you guys caught...

Phew ...that feels better...;D

Scott

well im glad you got that off your chest mate, i know how it can get with newbies, at least you come home with a great feed of fish, shame about the red and spanish thou, is it just a wiring prob with the GPS ?, well hope thats all...

Daz

disorderly
03-04-2009, 07:47 PM
Your getting closer scott, only 5 meters to go!! ;D ...

Oh you are cruel b@stard Foxy ;D...Man I almost cried...I fought him for nearly 150 feet and was starting to celebrate when I saw colour ,then I watched it happen as the shark grabbed him, locked the drag to try and pull it away from the shark but only succeeded in straightening an 8/0...

Drifted back over the the ground and only caught and undersized one next..:(

And Daz I'm really envious of that Hoo..I havent yet caught one of those yet either...

Scott

Wahoo
03-04-2009, 07:48 PM
That is a quality haul there Daz! The weather is just fantastic at the moment hey!

Scott- It makes it hard taking newbies out .Surely there would be someone at Mission that was into fishing for a decky for you mate>?

Once again Daz, Quality catch for you and the lads!

Nick

thanks Nick, did you take your boat out for a run? tomorrow and Sunday should be the same

Daz

nickstock
03-04-2009, 07:55 PM
thanks Nick, did you take your boat out for a run? tomorrow and Sunday should be the same

Daz

Gday Daz,

Holly and I went out today. It was like a bloody mill pond. I found a nice rubble patch in 40 meters where we bagged out on nice red throat around 4kgs and also caught and released some spangles to around 3kgs. I lost 2 nice reds that I am guessing prob around 6 kgs. Bagged out on Trout and Red Throats within a few hours so can not complain.

Had to keep moving as an 8 foot Hammerhead made things hard to get fish in the boat.

A good day out by most in FNQ the last few days hey!

ronnien
03-04-2009, 09:22 PM
daz,
mate you dont need a big story with pics like that.
well done to yous.

ron.

maimai
03-04-2009, 09:32 PM
that is some serious fish there mate, well done, i still can't believe what a great mixture of fish, and the ocean is like i have never seen before , great pics and no need to worry about a report to much with pics like that, well done fella....

BJ

jake0
05-04-2009, 07:23 PM
Daza, well done mate, that has to be the biggest wahoo for your boat this year????we just got back from up top, did well with the barra, say gday to jimbo for me

ryeham
05-04-2009, 08:43 PM
Fantastic brace of fish you've got there.....nothing better than coming home with a great catch....well done. Cheers.

disorderly
06-04-2009, 04:04 PM
Hay Daz, I'm curious as to how you managed to claim the spanish and the hoo and your deckie only ended up with a scrawny rainbow runner...

Is that owners privilege or something? ;);D

Scott

Wahoo
06-04-2009, 05:05 PM
Hay Daz, I'm curious as to how you managed to claim the spanish and the hoo and your deckie only ended up with a scrawny rainbow runner...

Is that owners privilege or something? ;);D

Scott

Cause that all Stitty caught all day:-X oh and a stinkin trigger ;D plus we told him it was good eating :-X;D Jimbo on the other hand did better than me>:(

Daz

disorderly
06-04-2009, 06:14 PM
Poor ole Stitty huh...LOL

Cant wait to see the story in the May edition of F@B..

Your gunna be famous Daz......Ya shoulda got a haircut though...;);D

Scott

jtpython
06-04-2009, 07:28 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOO i See a Bright Green XRAP there?
JT

revs57
07-04-2009, 06:38 AM
Yeah Daz, how dare you put up a thread with water looking so flat!!!;)

I can't remember seeing conditions sooo goood, you're making us all green down here! That's a nice rainbow runner on the hardbody - they go like all get out too.

You may not have caught a lot, but a lovely mixed bag none the less. Bet the red fish tasted good. Thanks for the pics, keeps the dream alive and us going while the weather is crap

cheers

Rhys

ddobson
25-04-2009, 06:18 PM
Good fish there Wahoo and the water is glass. Hey i am going up there in the next month so i was wondering which trip to take for off shore and estuary for some jack, barra, and everything you caught. I was wanting to use plastics up there so how do they go also. What should i chase up there in late May so i know what to bring more off. Cheers and good fish.