PDA

View Full Version : formosa or Tabs

Dave71
01-04-2009, 07:24 PM
I have been looking at the formosa 480/520 side consoles which all the feed back on has indicated that the formosas are a pretty good thing. While I was looking on a couple of boat sale pages I came across a TABS 485 Territory pro for a very good price. Do any Ausfish members have any feed back on either boat or done a comparrison between them. I am tyring to cover all bases before I hand over a wad of cash.
Dave

boatie_72
02-04-2009, 09:22 AM
hey Mate,

Just so you know tabs are in administration,so make up your mind from there. Also have a look at some other brands which make a good side console.

Horizon
BlueFin
Mako

They all do 3 & 4 mm apart from bluefin i think.

Might be worth while looking at

tuna boy
02-04-2009, 10:36 AM
hi dave.... i chose the formosa(550cc)and in no way, shape or form am i sorry that i did.but its always a good thing to look around,its a lot of money to play with....cheers johnno....

Dave71
02-04-2009, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the feed back. I had heard that Tabs were iin a bit of trouble.I have been leaning towards the 520 side console
Johnno which boats did you look at before you went for the Formosa

Mrs Ronnie H
02-04-2009, 06:22 PM
Hi Dave
Johnno's sister here. We have a 520 runabout and the reason-- After i went to the banks with johnno i came home and told hubby we were buying one, Great ride, stable, well layed out-- what more can I say. have nothing but good things to say.
I know Johnno looked at alot of other boats-- as we did including quintrex, allycraft, we looked at stessl also but like I said my first trip in johnno's centre console made my mind up. -- And with a Suzuki of course.
I have invited a couple of Ausfishers to view our boat and think when they saw it they were quite impressed with the runabout. Maybe not what you are looking for-- but suits our needs. Johnno's cc is great and would definately source out a side console.

like Johnno said its alot of money and your decision in the end-- i know we made a good one.

Ronnie

Dave71
02-04-2009, 07:44 PM
Ronnie. Thanks for your input. Good to get some more feed back from people who have the same size boat that I am looking at and have looked a similar boats that I have researched. This is another positive for the formosa,s.
Dave