PDA

View Full Version : Whittley Sea Legend 2600 HT- reviews please

trueblue
31-03-2009, 07:52 PM
Anyone got feedback, data or comments regarding these boats?

Looked at one today with a 250 Verado 4 stroke, very sweet looking rig, lots of creature comforts, and tons of fishing space

cheers

Mick

tin can marlin
31-03-2009, 09:29 PM
Try northside marine they are keen to sell stock at the moment also if resale is important i would buy a brand that nis more fishing related such as Hains Hunter as whitley is know as a chesse and biscuts brand.

Blackened
31-03-2009, 09:37 PM
Try northside marine they are keen to sell stock at the moment also if resale is important i would buy a brand that nis more fishing related such as Hains Hunter as whitley is know as a chesse and biscuts brand.

G'day

How would a "cheese and biscuits" brand be more affected by resale as you put it?

Mick... maybe ask kev as he had had a large whittley for a while.

My grandad had the impala, and cruisemaster. well appointed and finished boats.

If the boat suits, go for it. I know a verado would be an awesome thing to have strapped to the back end

Dave

trueblue
31-03-2009, 09:37 PM
cheese and biscuits brand.... that was my original impression too. I guess that comes from the fact that the vast majority of their boats are big cruisers that don't even have rod holders.

I had a look at one of the SL 2600 Hard tops today at Northside. definitely flash, and lots of mod cons and comforts, like toilet / shower behind a door, fridge an stove comes standard etc, etc.

The thing that surprised me was that the 2600 stood out from all of the other cruisers and looked the dead set blue water game fishing boat. That said, it is the only one of their entire range that looks that way.

Interesting thought about resale value if there would be a general mindset that a "Whittley' is not a fishing boat.

cheers

trueblue
31-03-2009, 09:45 PM
looks like a fishing boat to me

http://www.northsidemarine.com.au/boat-dealer/WHITTLEY-Sea-Legend-26-2008-Brisbane-New-110-097.html

The-easyrider
31-03-2009, 09:46 PM
I've got a 650 sea legend and love it dont be fooled into thinking they are cheese and bicky boats even though they have a good deal of comfort. They are very seaworthy and I would put mine up against any other mono hull for ride in the rough, The hulls orgin is a deal was struck with ray glass boats from NZ where whitley swapped a cruiser design for one of ray glasses well respected blue water boats then they put the whitley touch on it to produce a great alrounder.

tin can marlin
31-03-2009, 09:53 PM
Having said that dave has got a point to if you like the thing go for it they have got a good name and now is the time to cruch a deal. But it is a bit like landcruisers are know for there great off road abilty and BMW make a 4x4 but it is not know for its off road ablity but it is most likely just as good. Thats why i say you should have a good look at the fishing based brands as well Crusie Craft is another one i would look at. Just got to think for the future and what the every day person thinks of and i bet if you asked 100 people what is the first thing that comes to there mind with whitley 99 of them whould base there answer around luxury tralier boat type answers.

trueblue
31-03-2009, 10:07 PM
found in a search that the Sea Legends can roll around uncomfortably at rest on anchor?

Is this all of the Sea Legend models? I noticed that the 2600 had small chines, maybe help a little?

fishing111
31-03-2009, 10:22 PM
TB didn't the other Sea Legend get knocked off the potential list for not having level flotation? How does this one go for that? I couldnt see it on the link provided. Bloody nice looking boat though.

trueblue
02-04-2009, 10:10 AM
zero flotation, and not possible to get flotation.... no foam, and no air cells

not an option!!! off the list

chop duster
02-04-2009, 12:35 PM
trueblue,
are you saying this boat doesn't have any sealed compartments? no flotation at all? surely not, I know some of the early trophy's were built like this, but cmon whittley.

trueblue
02-04-2009, 01:16 PM
Thats what the dealer told me!!! but I was told they do have twin bilge pumps !!!!!!!!

Bustedoff
29-09-2015, 03:56 PM
Take a look at the Rayglass website in NZ, they were designed there and still produce the same hull. They have a solid reputation over there. The last Sea Legend (2005 SL650) I looked at didn't have a drain bung either, which was interesting for a trailer boat. I would own one in a heartbeat, especially with verado power.

terryc
29-09-2015, 05:14 PM
Ive got the 2003 Whittley Cruiser 660, and reckon they are a great Sea boat definitely handle the conditions outside well, very well built, The Sea Legend would be better for fishing, sounds great.

Andy56
29-09-2015, 05:25 PM
Dont even think about resale. When that time comes, you will discover boats sink money, lol. ALL BOATS. The more expensive, the bigger the hole! If, as some here suggest, you worry about resale, you cant afford a boat.

The Woo
29-09-2015, 07:09 PM
Pretty stout thread dig there fellas..... 6 years that thread was dormant. :)