PDA

View Full Version : starting 4st 4hp yamaha

ifishcq1
31-03-2009, 07:47 PM
there appears to be a problem getting fuel into the chamber of my 2006 4st 4hp yammy
if I pour a bit of petrol into the top of the carby it starts first kick and then stops
I plugged in the auxillary tank and pumped it up hard and still no start
I checked that fuel was getting to the carby by disconecting the inlet hose
and then emptied the bowl on the carby and it had fuel in it and that is where I am at still no run
all advice is welcome

thanks

SL

Blackened
31-03-2009, 07:57 PM
G'day

How old is the fuel?

Dave

FNQCairns
31-03-2009, 08:00 PM
The jets in these are minuscule and probably blocked, would only take the smallest amount of crud or varnish etc.

cheers fnq

Spaniard_King
31-03-2009, 08:15 PM
carby clean scott, fnq is right.. smaller the engine more prone to carby issues

ifishcq1
31-03-2009, 08:19 PM
Thanks Garry, Dave and FNQ

the fuel is new
so how do I clean the carby and the jets

cheers

SL

Blackened
31-03-2009, 08:22 PM
G'day

Take the carby off, drop the bowl again, douse it in carby clean and give it a good blow out with compressed air. You will see the jet there, take it out, clean thoroughly and replace.

Be careful not to lose any little bits!

Dave

ifishcq1
31-03-2009, 08:29 PM
Thanks Dave

SL

Nomad62
31-03-2009, 08:29 PM
Hey Scotty....surely you dont think your gonna be able to go fishin this weekend...ive got about another three weeks of jinx left in me yet. ::)

Its only been 5 weeks, 2 cyclones and 4 massive high pressure systems since i got my new boat.

Its gotta break sometime!!;)

P.S Sorry cant help with 4 stroke yammy.

Cheers WR

Spaniard_King
31-03-2009, 08:38 PM
Carefully asses the removal of the carby from the engine trying no to upset any throttle setting parts.

remove the bottom bowl, mixture screw(firstly screw the screw in to check setting counting revolutions) and any visable screw looking up from the bowl area.

Usually they have some sort of tube running from the carby bowl up to the mixture screw area.

I like to use caby cleaner/throtle body cleaner to low through all orifices to vissually check the flow. I then blow dry all parts lightly with compressed air. reassemble carby using clean engine oil to lubricate any o-rings.

re install on engine.

I will see if I can dig up the 4 hp carby on PDF for you

Spaniard_King
31-03-2009, 08:44 PM
will email it to you Scott.. too big to put on here

ifishcq1
31-03-2009, 09:41 PM
Thanks Garry
I just got the email and you sir are truly a gentleman

Nomad old chap I will be somewhere on the water testing my new little boat

cheers
SL