PDA

View Full Version : Lifestyle tri hull 7400

trueblue
29-03-2009, 12:28 PM
anyone had the chance to ride in one of these boats?

curious on what people think of them. made on sunny coast

http://www.lifestyleboats.com.au/specs.htm

cheers

Mick

Chimo
29-03-2009, 01:03 PM
Hi Mick

Have done so.

Suspension seating is a must, good size cabin, long bunks. Good camping potential in smoothwater. All cats and most monos seem to give a more comfortable less jarring ride in choppy weather or thru seaway bars.

Also seemed fairly wet in cross wind. Very large kill tanks ......................etc

Cheers
Chimo

peterbo3
29-03-2009, 01:21 PM
My neighbour has one, the 6.7 model. He loves it. I have not been on it but he fishes the Hards. He is upgrading to the 7.4 this year.

trueblue
29-03-2009, 01:23 PM
advantage seems to be the genuine tri hull setup, which allows the inclusion of a large single outboard instead of twin engines. write ups indicate that the hull allows an air cushion effect similar to a cat?

general feedback I have got so far is that it is not worth the extra up front money and extra servicing costs for twin motors, so possibly these are an option with a big single 4 stroke outboard.

the write ups on these boats said soft riding and dry and super stable????

trueblue
29-03-2009, 09:23 PM
feedback I am getting is that the lifestyle tri hulls don't ride as soft as what the company claims...

FNQCairns
29-03-2009, 10:04 PM
Guaranteed it will be rough as guts.

cheers fnq

sleepygreg
30-03-2009, 12:54 AM
A mate bought one....having sold his 3000 KC.....and took an instant dislike to it when he was driving it back from the sunny coast to scarbie. Looked great on paper, and ticked all the boxes re fit out...but just didnt feel right. Just one persons opinion though.

Greg

Stuart
30-03-2009, 02:44 PM
I have been in one of these boats several times and the best advice I can give you is keep looking. A mandatory piece of personal equipment if heading out in one of these boats is a kidney belt and a helmet. They are not a rough water boat; you only need look at the hull to see that. The boat is fine if travelling with the sea but heading in to it is bone jarring. They are a very roomy boat but that’s about all its got going for it. Who ever made the claim they ride as soft as a cat has their hand on it plain and simple, I refuse to ever go fishing in one again unless it’s crabbing up the river.

Stu

trueblue
30-03-2009, 07:51 PM
another one bites the dust...........

FNQCairns
30-03-2009, 08:39 PM
Trueblue, Want the ultimate riding small blue water boat in oz? IMO it's probably one of these:

http://boatpoint.ninemsn.com.au/boats-for-sale/boatdetails.aspx?R=6189371

cheers fnq

GBC
30-03-2009, 08:57 PM
Hey FNQ,

One of those big ram's has turned up around the corner from my place - sitting bare arsed on a trailer with no motor at the moment, but certainly looking the goods. Gotta say it looks longer than its advertised length - its a big lump of boat.

What do you know about them? I've never heard of them.

trueblue
30-03-2009, 09:01 PM
where do we find details on these Coota Craft boats.

doesn't come up quickly on a google search

LoungeLizard
30-03-2009, 09:15 PM
Trueblue, Want the ultimate riding small blue water boat in oz? IMO it's probably one of these:

http://boatpoint.ninemsn.com.au/boats-for-sale/boatdetails.aspx?R=6189371

cheers fnq

500HP on a 6.6m boat? Damn! :o

Greg P
30-03-2009, 09:24 PM
http://cootacraft.com/58433_29795.asp

Very nice rigs

sleepygreg
30-03-2009, 10:14 PM
Look like a bit of a takeoff of the older (but still brilliant) Haines hulls. Well worth keeping an eye on I think.

FNQCairns
31-03-2009, 08:15 AM
Greg the Hainse has square wheels next to this rig:)

I do not know much about them, sorry - except that if I choose to feel poor for the next 10 years I couldn't think of another hull as worthy as this one to achieve it with:)

cheers fnq

chop duster
31-03-2009, 09:46 AM
totally agree fnq,
been following the increased attention to these beasts on another forum. Makes for great reading and in my opinion is the top mono in Aus at the moment, just wish there was one up north here i could run my eye over.
This thing is more original than the 233 ever was for haines

trueblue
31-03-2009, 12:36 PM
looks great, but 1500 kg hull, and minimum of 300 HP required? doesn't sound very economical.

julian1
31-03-2009, 12:38 PM
i think you will find its a cut down version of the 233, as each one is built the boat and quality is prgressing, a pair of 140 Zukes wil do the job, but hey with a hull like that why not a pair of 150's or 200's !!!

Greg P
31-03-2009, 03:03 PM
Awesome looking boat and with 25 degree of dead-rise it needs a lot of weight to sit down in the water when still. The ride would be bloody outstanding. I wonder if they lay right over on their sides like the big US Regulators on sharp turns. Anyone seen those pics of the one playing in the boat wash :o:o

Chimo
31-03-2009, 04:22 PM
Hi Trueblue

Think maybe its time to start a new thread with this cootacraft thingo
Whatya think?

Cheers
Chimo

John Buoy
31-03-2009, 05:35 PM
Hi Trueblue

Think maybe its time to start a new thread with this cootacraft thingo
Whatya think?

Cheers
Chimo
If you make it clean i will contact Mark from Cootacraft and see if he will join in;)
He is a top bloke that doesn't need any banttering::)

Regards Frank.

kitty_cat
31-03-2009, 07:19 PM
come on guys good lookig rig but not in the class of the haines built boat
remember this boat is built today not 1970

like i said not a bad rig

not the same as haines new rigs

wayne

FNQCairns
31-03-2009, 07:45 PM
come on guys good lookig rig but not in the class of the haines built boat
remember this boat is built today not 1970

like i said not a bad rig

not the same as haines new rigs

wayne

True but the lure over this hull is it's raw performance on the water, it's the closest thing to riding the edge of a knife I have seen produced here in Australia. The ride will run rings around the haines in the rough and that is what it is all about, I own neither and probably never will.

cheers fnq

siegfried
31-03-2009, 07:58 PM
NOT in the same class as a 233 formula. Its a meter shorter for a start and 1 deg in deadrise will do bugger all

ifishcq1
31-03-2009, 08:03 PM
It does look like the coota travels real well but how does it sit side on to chop and it looks more like a hard core rig to get you out and back in comfort but at rest not so sure
not much room 2-3 man fishing rig only
however I can give the dealer a rap because they sent me up my 225honda and have rung a couple of times to make sure everything went well

Cheers
SL

kitty_cat
31-03-2009, 08:34 PM
fnq forums are to express opinions
and remember this is only mine but i have done a couple of hundred hrs in the new haines and run rings around in my opinion is bs sorry but the new haines is awsome at sea and have been caught 60-70klms offshore in some real shit (musgrave r & d trip) maybe a bit pretty for some but i personally like a good looking boat lets face it there all big bucks just depends on how many big bucks you want to spend i also think anything of value you will look after so a bit better looking isnt a problem no such thing as spending 70-120k and calling it a boat i just want to hard core fish out off
you are going to look after any new boat,

good to see any aussie brand having a go and again looks like a good rig
just cant see the reason for putting the new haines range down.
greg and the boys spend plenty of time on the water to keep it real and fish just as much as me and you i can asure you there is heaps of fishing r & d going on

wayne

good luck to the coota boats the new 10mtr job looks interesting

FNQCairns
31-03-2009, 08:49 PM
Yeah they are just boats I couldn't care less truthfully as I have no personal stake so I can speak my mind, still no one put the Haines down it is what it is but it cannot be compared to the coota in RIDE that's pretty simple and unbiased too, same as if I said my boats ride cannot be compared with the haines, surely you wouldnt object to me stating that??

cheers fnq

chop duster
31-03-2009, 08:50 PM
kitty_cat,
I think the boats are designed and made for different markets.
Mass produced Vs custom build for a start. I don't think anyone as yet has been trying to put down the Haines group in terms of overall product, the square wheels I think is reffering to outright performance.

EDIT: ahh crap, same as what he said

boatboy50
31-03-2009, 09:10 PM
Yeah they are just boats I couldn't care less truthfully as I have no personal stake so I can speak my mind, still no one put the Haines down it is what it is but it cannot be compared to the coota in RIDE that's pretty simple and unbiased too, same as if I said my boats ride cannot be compared with the haines, surely you wouldnt object to me stating that??

cheers fnq

FNQ,

I've never been aboard the new Haines flagship in the drink so i'm not qualified to rate it against the Cootacraft (which i've never been aboard either), so I have stopped short of posting here so far.

Have you been aboard the Haines model pictured for any amount of hours? If so i'll shut up, but if not, what makes you think you are qualified to make such a statement as "it cannot be compared to the Coota in RIDE". You yourself said theres none up your way, so have you ridden in the Coota?

I'm not defending the Haines by any stretch as i'm not the biggest fan, but I wouldn't downplay it when I don't have the experience to do so.

I also disagree with Kitty Cat in that the Haines Formula 233 is a great boat, and I would have my doubts that the new HS would be a better ride than it, based on my opinion from owning a 575F Signature.

Regards

Darren

FNQCairns
31-03-2009, 09:33 PM
Well which hainse hull are we talking about there the flopped one or some brand new style that harks back many years, if it is not an brand new style of hull...it's a no brainer.

The formula is a good hull but there is more to deadrise and hull shape than just simply measuring the transom...look very carefully at the coota and compare it's a no brainer..seriously I can think of only one boat I have ever seen in oz that might compare.

One day hainse may consider to produce a serious hull in all that the coota is. At a glance it is easy to consider the ride of any boat, harder to consider the overall performance, the coots will fail here, but in ride it's seriously simple if unbiased.

cheers fnq

upstart
31-03-2009, 11:25 PM
For a soft ride has anyone tried a Dale 6.3 (Home Hill made)?

kitty_cat
01-04-2009, 07:11 AM
yeh all fair enough got abit off the subjuct so will just read in this topic for now

Tie'n'Fly
19-09-2018, 04:30 PM
I’ve seen a string of posts on this forum about theLifestyle Boats. The Posts are quite negative about the performance of the hullshape etc, & I wanted to refute them as an owner of one of Chris’s boats.

I have been guiding out of Chris’s boats for nearly 15years& I personally think the comments made on the Forum are about another boat& the guys have confused Chris’s Lifestyle Boat hull with anothermanufacturer’s hull. The comments made as far as I can make out are fromanglers who have never owned one of your Hulls or it sounds as if they have notgot many rough sea hours up in different hulls to compare & make comment.

I am on my 3rd outboard on my 6.8Mtr LifestyleBoat & I wouldn’t swap this hull for any other hull on the market. It’s avery fuel efficient hull (very important if you’re a commercial operator orjust watching the budget it’s very dry even in the roughest of conditions (very important for me as my version is a Centre Console & it’s chartervessel) the stability when side on to the swell is awesome ( extremelyimportant - when a Fly Angler has to make a cast he cannot hang on as one handholds the rods , the other hand holds the line)

I have been a Commercial Skid Boat Fisherman most of my life& guided Offshore Saltwater Fly Anglers from my base on the Sunshine Coast,Tie’n’Fly Outfitters, for over 20years in a variety of hull shapes including15years in a Lifestyle Boat & in some very rough conditions. So, with thatin mind I feel, I am in a position to comment on the Lifestyle Boats. Myopinion is that the Lifestyle hull is the best inshore/offshore hull on themarket today. In 15yrs, I have never had any anglers that have fished outof the Lifestyle boat paint a negative picture about the performance of thehull.

Here is a link to a video showing my boat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gznMHPKGsno (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gznMHPKGsno)