PDA

View Full Version : Fishing With the Old Boys

Frank OO
29-03-2009, 08:37 AM
Peter (Outsiderskip) rang me the other day and suggested the weather was going to be perfect with a slight swell and I should consider going out to Hutchies for a fish.
I am glad he suggested it because although we did stray away from Hutchies a little bit, the Amberjack and Kingfish were everywhere. We tried for the reef species but we didn’t have any luck.
I took out a couple of guys from Bribie Island RSL Fishing Club but I think in hindsight they are getting a bit too old.
Can you believe they were pleading with me to take them away from those AJs and Kingies.
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e370/Frankoostenbroek/2009-03-27/1.jpg
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e370/Frankoostenbroek/2009-03-27/2.jpg
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e370/Frankoostenbroek/2009-03-27/3.jpg
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e370/Frankoostenbroek/2009-03-27/4.jpg
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e370/Frankoostenbroek/2009-03-27/5.jpg
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e370/Frankoostenbroek/2009-03-27/6.jpg
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e370/Frankoostenbroek/2009-03-27/7.jpg
Frank OO

Spot82
29-03-2009, 08:52 AM
Awesome photos as always Frank. Looks like you guys would have had a fun day getting your arms streched :)

uripper
29-03-2009, 08:54 AM
Frank

Your a freaking legend.

Got a bit confused with the pics though trying to work out who's "the Old Boys" ??
That fella with the moustache looks to be getting on a bit ;D

MalM

Benno1
29-03-2009, 09:22 AM
top shelf...as always Frank...great piccies!!!...are you guys using Williamson jigs???

Mrs Benno1
Sunny

Frank OO
29-03-2009, 10:27 AM
Good Morning Mal,

I wasn't sure if your old bones would let you up this early in the morning. I must admit I don't like looking in the mirror anymore. It always distorts my figure and age.

Mrs Benno (Sunny)

I really like the sacrifice sticks but I couldn't get them any more so a quick trip to BCF filled the Knife Jig Pouch.

It really doesn't matter much. If the fish are there you can put anything down. The first three or four were caught on Vibrators (Blades) and Plastics 7"Nuclear Chicken.

I need to upgrade my vibes to some In line hooks because the standard hooks are not even good enough for Bass.

Frank OO

jtpython
29-03-2009, 12:40 PM
Thats some awesome stuff again Frank
Yet to do any good on the jigs
JT

outsiderskip
29-03-2009, 02:00 PM
hi frank
nice fishing
frank
us oldies dont need to look in the mirror
we know we look good and no need for improvement

pete

sempre
29-03-2009, 03:29 PM
Pete you obviously dont own a mirror , because if you did you would be quite shocked !

skipalong
29-03-2009, 05:09 PM
old boys hey frank, you still top the fishing scene with some top shelf fish

cheers justin

tenzing
29-03-2009, 05:15 PM
Greatafish Frank et al. And beautiful pics as always.
Give the younger guys something to aim for eh?

Fishbait
29-03-2009, 06:33 PM
Nice going Frank.

sleepygreg
29-03-2009, 08:05 PM
Well done Frank. And great pics. Just shows us old boys can still catch tough fish (maybe just not as many as the younger days before the arms give out, lol).

Cheers
Greg

captain rednut
29-03-2009, 08:12 PM
good to see you out on the water frank! when is the bloody wind going to let up so we can get out? the quality of the pictures is awsome!.
thanks jim

BLOOEY
29-03-2009, 08:36 PM
You never cease to amaze me with the quaity of your'e fish Franc OO. Diddn't even consider a trip offshore myself this weekend due to the big swell and winds. What sort of boat do you head out in? I presume i'm younger than you are and a day offshore in my bluefin warrior 4.5m c/console has me absoluteley knackered. Looks like you had heaps of fun. Blades in the deep stuff is different what size are you using if you dont mind? Ben

ShaneC
29-03-2009, 09:05 PM
We trolled by near you that day...... did you guys have any dramas with sharks??

Tassie JR
29-03-2009, 09:39 PM
Good stuff frank, never underestimate u old blokes, use sure know where the fish are, what day did use head out. just remember if ur ever after a deckie im always keen to show u up again;), but then again u only went easy on me that day.

cheers Dan

seapup
30-03-2009, 10:07 AM
Nice work Frank! Bit of arm stretching for the old fellas!

Fish_gutz
30-03-2009, 11:21 AM
Some great fish there Frank and as always great photo`s . Just can`t seem to get the fish to eat my jigs! one day i`ll nut it out.( in between trolling.) Thanks for the report. Cheers Andrew

Frank OO
30-03-2009, 06:59 PM
Hello To All,

Thank you to all for your kind words. I have to admit that I am really lucky that My dearest missus has allowed me to buy a nice camera that makes the photos look spectacular.

Greg,

There is still a bit of life in my arms yet. I have been going to the gym for the last two years to build up my strength for a Blue this year.

Jim,

Somebody told me that Bribie is the windiest place around but Cape Moreton has got to win that contest hands down. It is always nice to wave to each other but after all this time we need to sit down for a quiet drink.

Hi Blooey,

I bought a CruiseCraft 685 Outsider almost 4 years ago and have just clocked over 980 hours on twin 115 Yamaha 4 strokes, Three batteries twin radios twin water bladders and sometimes a twin personality because I argue with myself to see if I am stupid enough to go out in that sort of weather. I am really safety conscious but when you hear about those unfortunate fishermen in Bundaberg you have to wonder if it is worth going out.

I think you are very smart to stay at home. You can always fish outside when the weather fines up. I am actually buying another boat to cater for the bad weather. A new 4.69 Stacer will see me out in the dams chasing the Barra, Saratoga, Bass and Yellow belly in the very near future. Not sure what I will call it but it will be a bright lime green colour.

Hi ShaneC,

We did see you out there but all we caught were Mac Tuna so we moved a bit wider to look for a bit of action. I did hear the Two Johns out there on the radio complaining about the sharks but we didn’t see any.

Hi Tassie,

I haven’t forgotten but I do have a massive list of people that want to go out. I don’t like being out fished by some young upstart that gives me cheek every time you catch a massive fish. I will give you a call to catch up.

chris_s
30-03-2009, 08:20 PM
G'day Frank, good to see you out there getting in to them. It's been a been quiet on the frishing scene for me only been out the once since we went. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks though. Anyhow some more great pics and another great read.
Chris

iceknight
30-03-2009, 11:02 PM
OoOoO Sharked! :P

uripper
31-03-2009, 07:02 AM
Frank

a name for a bright lime green colour 4.69Stacer ??

mmmm ..... how about "Upchuck" ?? ;D

MalM

Frank OO
31-03-2009, 06:13 PM
Very nice Mal but i didn't paint any carrots on it.

Frank OO

Scalem
31-03-2009, 08:00 PM
Incredible haul of fish Frank. Got my epirb and 2 days away from a whole new world of fun!
Tassie, I feel your pain m8, deckie position is no less painful than seeing these photos from your computer, even if you manage to get there as deckie. I couldn't get those jigs to work for me, 2 seconds in Franks' hands and whhooosshka!! He gets a massive fish. But that was eons ago:'( Hope to join you out there soon Frank!!;)

Scalem

uripper
31-03-2009, 09:34 PM
Very nice Mal but i didn't paint any carrots on it.

Frank OO

Frank, I'm confident it will be far more genteel, refined e.g. "Greenwitch" (pun on time) or perhaps "Jade" (loin stone) - from its reputed efficacy in curing ailments of the loins andkidneys of "old boys" etc etc (sorry couldnt help myself) :) .

Whatever it is, I'm sure it will be appropriate to a legendary fisher. (grovelling now) ;D ;D

Cheers, MalM

Midnight
31-03-2009, 11:27 PM
Good onya Frank, thats a nice session. Well done on the 980hrs in 4 years, a champion effort. It's is good to see you get out there when things aren't so nice too.
I thought I had done well in the last 9 months doing 135hrs in my new boat, but you have left me for dead!
I am hoping to do a lot more in the coming 12 months.
Hope to see you out there sometime.
Cheers,
Myles

"Midnight"
Bertram 25
Shorncliffe

ooglie74
01-04-2009, 06:38 AM
So when are we going out jigging again frank surely you wont let another yougin beat you.lol

Cheers Troy

reel scream
01-04-2009, 08:42 PM
The three oldies do it again. Very nice Frank. Must be a great mark;D .

I havn't forgotten my sounder::) . Will come around in the next couple of days.

Cheers Scott

jake0
05-04-2009, 07:26 PM
great pics and read, thanks