PDA

View Full Version : Monduran for the first time

gav73
26-03-2009, 11:53 AM
Heading down to Monduran from the 4th to the 8th of April,the mrs and I and good friends Flanga and Vick have never fished that dam before.I would be stoked for a little heads up about the place(stumps,rocks,)has anyone fished it lately.And is any one going to be around.

Pete62
26-03-2009, 12:05 PM
Hi Gav, do a search in the freshwater section, mate u will get all the info u need, even lists of stuff some of us more a#$L retentive types pack for our trips.
Also have a look at the parks website, www.lakem.com.au if u r camping there is 2 great camp kitchens that eliminate a lot of cooking gear u need to take.

My #1 tip............................GPS

Pete.

gav73
26-03-2009, 01:04 PM
Thanks Pete, we have booked the cabins for our stay as we have a week at Faust after ,I have a gps an the sounder and couldnt go fishing without it.We got stuck at Teemburra one nite with no moon light and since then a gps is my friend.

Pete62
26-03-2009, 01:21 PM
Yeah Gav, mate the cabins r good but don't discount poking around the Camp Kitchen at dinner time, u will pick up some good hints n tips as to where it is or isn't happening.

Bloody big bit of water, I have only been twice but the general advice is to seek out the warmer water if u r casting, usually the points, tie off to a tree and cast ya bloody arm off.

Hopefully Nagg will find this post and put up his thoughts, him and Mighty Whitey have just had a cracka trip.

Good luck, look forward to your report.

Pete.

PS: they have been pumping out of the dam, 30% so there will be more nasties lurking, waiting for your prop.

gav73
26-03-2009, 03:56 PM
I hope I dont find to much under the water besides fish , I have only got 10hrs on the new boat and the only trophy I want is a nice pic of a big barra.But a crap day fishing is better than a day at work.I only just realised your from Coffs we lived in Grafton for a while what sort of fishn do ya get up to.

Obi _ Wan
26-03-2009, 04:20 PM
[
Hopefully Nagg will find this post and put up his thoughts, him and Mighty Whitey have just had a cracka trip.

Good luck, look forward to your report.

Pete.

PS: they have been pumping out of the dam, 30% so there will be more nasties lurking, waiting for your prop.[/quote]

Hey Pete,

I thought it was Nagg and Dagg now??????????;D

Good luck with your coming trip, i to will look forward to your report, don't forget to pop in and see Foxie and Jacky in Gin Gin.

Cheers,
John.

Pete62
26-03-2009, 04:37 PM
Hey John, yeah, I think that might stick, hope he doesnt take offence;D

Pete

Obi _ Wan
26-03-2009, 04:49 PM
Hey John, yeah, I think that might stick, hope he doesnt take offence;D

Pete

I think he will take it the right way mate ;) i know him fairly well and i reckon it would be like water off a ducks back ;D

He's been called a few things worse than that, Chris calls him The Camp Tart.

All in the name of good clean fun, except for those rotting Dunlop Volley's.

Cheers,
John.

Pete62
26-03-2009, 05:00 PM
Hah, how bad r they, and to think I let him use my electric razor:-/ Nah, he is a good fella, looking forward to catching up with him again.

Pete

robersl
26-03-2009, 06:22 PM
I hope I dont find to much under the water besides fish ,

hi Gav i am there this weekend will let you know about the water but should be ok was there at 33 percent and never got anything i found the firsttime i went up the arm i followed diffrent people up and used them as my bunny if they hit i would of stopped keep that as an option till you get to know th area

shane

Steve B
26-03-2009, 08:22 PM
Gav,

A simple explaination of the lake would be:

You know the back arm of Teemburra?? multiply and streeetch that by about 10km, throw in a few off shoots here and there and thats pretty much it. Majority of areas are not as thick as the back of Faust, closer to Teemburra style.

The main river is fairly well defined and 'nasty' free..there is a few cut thru areas which you will probably learn over time and watching other boats....just be careful if you decide to cut corners or sneak across bays and such....you will be right with a GPS. Grab a hand held spotlight too if you plan to be a little late back.

Fishing wise, wait till about 3-4 days before you plan to go and read these forums...it seems to go up and down....have a search, theres plenty of good tips around.

Cheers Steve

NAGG
26-03-2009, 08:35 PM
Hah, how bad r they, and to think I let him use my electric razor:-/ Nah, he is a good fella, looking forward to catching up with him again.

Pete

You're a nut Pete ........ who knows what you'll catch::)

& those volleys ...... I threw em out of the tent twice ...... & they walked back in .

Chris

NAGG
26-03-2009, 08:44 PM
Heading down to Monduran from the 4th to the 8th of April,the mrs and I and good friends Flanga and Vick have never fished that dam before.I would be stoked for a little heads up about the place(stumps,rocks,)has anyone fished it lately.And is any one going to be around.

Hi Gav

Wait a few more days & be sure to catch up with Foxy ( grab a map).

We had a great trip last week ........ but it has changed since then ...... so any location suggestions /advice based on our trip is not worth a pinch :(

........ fish the conditions - If the wind has been blowing SE for a few days ....... fish the NW parts of the dam ( cattle yards , jacks , rainforest , 2 Mile & H) .......... fish slow ( be it plastics or hard bodies)

Good luck with the trip

BR65
26-03-2009, 08:48 PM
Good article by Foxie in the current BnB, guess whos hanging for a bit of winter fishing?

DEANO68
26-03-2009, 09:05 PM
Good article by Foxie in the current BnB, guess whos hanging for a bit of winter fishing?

???????????? ME....:-/ ;)

Tropicaltrout
26-03-2009, 09:08 PM
Are fishin with sleep now thats what I like to hear, bring it on Brian.....

Whitto
26-03-2009, 09:52 PM
Good article by Foxie in the current BnB, guess whos hanging for a bit of winter fishing? It is my intention for sure Brian.....bit of a sleep in....rug up and get into it;D

Obi _ Wan
26-03-2009, 10:16 PM
It is my intention for sure Brian.....bit of a sleep in....rug up and get into it;D

Hey Whitto, What's going on mate???:o

Just read another one of your posts, a note from Brian looking for confirmation,

Your reply quoting a poor choice of words ::)

And now ???? What are you really going to do???? Get into what?????:o

Have you been into Daryl's port????? ;D

Cheers,
John.

Whitto
27-03-2009, 06:26 AM
I tell ya John with winter coming on Daryl's brew will be very welcome.....The one thing I've not been getting into is Barra...intend to change that very soon;D

NAGG
29-03-2009, 07:59 AM
I tell ya John with winter coming on Daryl's brew will be very welcome.....The one thing I've not been getting into is Barra...intend to change that very soon;D

PMA ...... (positive mental attitude) or (pass more alcohol):P