PDA

View Full Version : MONDY IN APRIL (17- 19th) MINI MUSTER

Pages : [1] 2

NAGG
25-03-2009, 07:32 PM
Hi All

Might as well put this up now :P

Is anyone planning to be at Mondy on the weekend of 16/17th April ???

I'm heading up on Friday eveningish

Cheers

Chris

Whitto
25-03-2009, 08:17 PM
It is my every intention to be in attendance Chris.......I don't use the word Plan anymore.....It will be my intention to arrive Friday arvo to construct the erection in a suitable location.... Staggering distance from the Kitchen and a good drainage spot, because it will Storm and piss down in Monduran's Storm alley way;D

Tropicaltrout
25-03-2009, 08:19 PM
yeah I am in
Nath

NAGG
25-03-2009, 08:39 PM
Good to hear Nath & Whitto ....... I need someone to share a bevvy or 10 at the end of the day :P

Chris

robersl
25-03-2009, 08:43 PM
sorry nagg can not do that weekend previous appointment and since i am going this weekend and to darwin at the end of april i might be pushing my luck a bit

shane

NAGG
25-03-2009, 08:48 PM
sorry nagg can not do that weekend previous appointment and since i am going this weekend and to darwin at the end of april i might be pushing my luck a bit

shane

Darwin ...... barra fishing I hope :P

robersl
26-03-2009, 06:50 AM
Darwin ...... Barra fishing I hope :P

Yeh Chris 5 days on the Sth Alligator for the last of the run off however the runoff may of finished by then due to lack of rain

shane

BR65
26-03-2009, 08:02 PM
It will be my intention to arrive Friday arvo to construct the erection in a suitable location.... Staggering distance from the Kitchen and a good drainage spot;D

Sounds like an interesting week end there Whitto :o

DEANO68
26-03-2009, 08:44 PM
yea rito , count me in..:P

NAGG
26-03-2009, 08:48 PM
yea rito , count me in..:P

Good onya Deano ....... should be a good weekend

Chris

DEANO68
26-03-2009, 09:02 PM
Good onya Deano ....... should be a good weekend

Chris

prob bring nellie along , keep kim company, love too see her hook one, she freaks at anything that takes drag..(whiting on worms).:o ..wind it in darlin ...no you take it ,...nup you hooked it, you wind it..should be fun....;) ..
deano..8-)

darylive
26-03-2009, 09:39 PM
::)..............................

Whitto
26-03-2009, 09:45 PM
Sounds like an interesting week end there Whitto :o Yeah Brian poor choice of words.....Close to the Kitchen close to the swag and everytime I go to Mondy it Pi***s down....a bit of forward planning;)

Tropicaltrout
26-03-2009, 09:48 PM
I hear ya Whitto could nearly launch the boat at the kitchen a couple of time there! Yeah I can see this trip getting out of hand quick..... oh the sarenity

DEANO68
26-03-2009, 09:59 PM
I hear ya Whitto could nearly launch the boat at the kitchen a couple of time there! Yeah I can see this trip getting out of hand quick..... oh the sarenity

still cant spell....::)

NAGG
27-03-2009, 07:51 AM

Or .... INSANITY :2vrolijk_08:

Whitto the rain God ....... I can see the correlation already

Chris

Pete62
27-03-2009, 08:05 AM
Hi Chris, Sydvagas hey, mate u r welcome to drop in for a coffee break on your way back through. Southerly change forecast to hit Coffs this arvo, as usual, hoping for a hit out on the Jacks tomorrow morning and I have NO kids sporting commitments this weekend.....................WHOO.

U still have my # ?

Pete

NAGG
27-03-2009, 08:13 AM
Hi Chris, Sydvagas hey, mate u r welcome to drop in for a coffee break on your way back through. Southerly change forecast to hit Coffs this arvo, as usual, hoping for a hit out on the Jacks tomorrow morning and I have NO kids sporting commitments this weekend.....................WHOO.

U still have my # ?

Pete

It will be a rush back trip Pete ..... ( a long trip) with a couple of meetings on the way ......... so I probably wont hit brissy till 10pm

Chris

darylive
27-03-2009, 08:33 AM
Mondy in April.... ::)

MIA........

:happy:

:idea: The Winter Muster :thumbup: :tongue: :gossip: :drunk: :uhoh: :sick2:

themissus
27-03-2009, 03:52 PM
I like you thinkin' Daryl

BR65
27-03-2009, 05:13 PM
Second that Kim

robersl
27-03-2009, 06:59 PM
I think bloody whitto must be going to do a teflon for mondy this weekend forcast is scattered showers and maybe a storm

shane

TonyM
27-03-2009, 07:24 PM
I think bloody whitto must be going to do a teflon for mondy this weekend forcast is scattered showers and maybe a storm

shane
I reckon the ole Teflon Coated Silver Back is headed through Hervey Bay on the way too - I had planned on hitting Roonies tommorow with a bunch of Ausfishers and the weather turned on us.

Whitto is a bit quiet - must be on the road right now! ;D

Make sure you pack the raincoat Shane!

Cheers
Tony

robersl
27-03-2009, 07:52 PM
Make sure you pack the raincoat Shane!

hush you mouth tony why a rain coat go naked then no need for wet cloths lol hopefully only a scatted shower none here yet 1 or 2 coming from down pete's way at coffs

shane

TonyM
27-03-2009, 08:07 PM
hush you mouth tony why a rain coat go naked then no need for wet cloths lol hopefully only a scatted shower none here yet 1 or 2 coming from down pete's way at coffs

shane

Eek!!! - for Gawds sake can someone please organise an Ausfish flag for Shane! :o;D;D;D;D

Peter4
29-03-2009, 03:53 PM
We'll be there from 16th to 19th April.....

Pete & Kyle

Whitto
29-03-2009, 04:35 PM
Eek!!! - for Gawds sake can someone please organise an Ausfish flag for Shane! :o;D;D;D;D I believe it's illegal to purchase that much Flag material.....do us a favour Shane keep the clobber on just in case there's a horse in the area;);D

NAGG
29-03-2009, 06:07 PM
Sounding like a mini muster to me :P

nipsta
29-03-2009, 06:18 PM
um this one looks promising maybe a goer yet for me

NAGG
29-03-2009, 06:20 PM
um this one looks promising maybe a goer yet for me

we need to wet the babies head ....... so how does that sound like for an excuse :P

Chris

nipsta
29-03-2009, 06:40 PM
we need to wet the babies head ....... so how does that sound like for an excuse :P

Chris
um yeah i will have too see i thinking i didi a bit of head wetting last night with a bottle of southern . I have to see how the cash flow is near then as we have less income at the moment since mel isnt working so yeah i ll will see how we travel
im hanging though for sure i guess a few trips in the river will have to do at the moment

Peter4
30-03-2009, 01:33 PM
So the list so far is:

NAGG
Whitto
Tropicaltrout
BR65
DEANO68 (& Kim & Nellie)
darylive
nipsta
TonyM
Peter4 (& Kyle)

Any others/fishing buddies.......??

TonyM
30-03-2009, 01:42 PM
You can remove the question mark Peter - I'm in :)

Peter4
30-03-2009, 02:22 PM
You can remove the question mark Peter - I'm in :)

Done!.........;D

DEANO68
30-03-2009, 02:25 PM
att the moment pete im still a mabe, see what happens, have too regain some points...:P ..

deano..8-)

BR65
30-03-2009, 07:40 PM
att the moment pete im still a mabe, see what happens, have too regain some points...:P ..

deano..8-)

HTFU Princess! :-*

Tropicaltrout
30-03-2009, 08:36 PM
HTFU Princess! :-*

HTFU Placcy Princess :tongue:

Whitto
31-03-2009, 06:41 AM
HTFU Placcy Princess :tongue:
WTF........WWWWWwwwwwhhhhhhaaaaatttttt........It just won't be the same Deano, Pete will be shattered........Looks like I'll have to work Lewie Point by myself......HTFU.......Get onto Shayne if u don't want to take Dropbear, you might be able to deckie for him

DEANO68
31-03-2009, 06:46 AM
WTF........WWWWWwwwwwhhhhhhaaaaatttttt........It just won't be the same Deano, Pete will be shattered........Looks like I'll have to work Lewie Point by myself......HTFU.......Get onto Shayne if u don't want to take Dropbear, you might be able to deckie for him

if i go, the tupperware go,s....its the law, i had my deckie years, the trout will be the deckie, i need the shade, ;) just got to get out of a prior engagement...:P

deano..8-)

nipsta
31-03-2009, 06:59 AM
if i go, the tupperware go,s....its the law, i had my deckie years, the trout will be the deckie, i need the shade, ;) just got to get out of a prior engagement...:P

deano..8-)

im the same dean all hinders on this sunday if i make it into the finall of the match play or not if i doo then im out if not im in i could throw a game i suppose but see what happens

DEANO68
31-03-2009, 07:02 AM
im the same dean all hinders on this sunday if i make it into the finall of the match play or not if i doo then im out if not im in i could throw a game i suppose but see what happens

what golf, bugger that im over it, but i do have a good set of taylor made OS2,irons for sale , need a new spin reel so the clubs are gooooone....;)

Tropicaltrout
31-03-2009, 07:04 AM

Golf over fishin what is wrong you man! Sell the clubs to pay for a trip, retive a lure not a ball !!!!!!;D ;D ;D

NAGG
31-03-2009, 07:31 AM
Golf over fishin what is wrong you man! Sell the clubs to pay for a trip, retive a lure not a ball !!!!!!;D ;D ;D

I was a golfer too once ........ then I woke up & got over it !;D

Sell the clubs ......... might even get a nice new Zillion HLC out of it :P

Chris

Pete62
31-03-2009, 08:26 AM
So the list so far is:

NAGG
Whitto
Tropicaltrout
BR65
DEANO68 (& Kim & Nellie)
darylive
nipsta
TonyM
Peter4 (& Kyle)

U ALL SUCK....................................;)

Nah, have fun ya pack a Bastards..................Triple M (Mini Mondy Muster)

Pete.

NAGG
31-03-2009, 08:32 AM
U ALL SUCK....................................;)

Nah, have fun ya pack a Bastards..................Triple M (Mini Mondy Muster)

Pete.

We do try ;)

Whitto
31-03-2009, 11:15 AM
We do try ;)
::)And not only that....We do it very well......;D..... with no shame what so ever:P

Obi _ Wan
31-03-2009, 02:17 PM
::)And not only that....We do it very well......;D..... with no shame what so ever:P

Onyah Whitto, Thats the style mate, you are spot on 8-)

And absolutely no shame ;D

John.

Whitto
31-03-2009, 03:02 PM
I have been told by some John that I'm very trying.......but I don't care::)

DEANO68
31-03-2009, 05:05 PM
So the list so far is:

NAGG
Whitto
Tropicaltrout
BR65
DEANO68
darylive
nipsta
TonyM
Peter4 (& Kyle)

hey pete, pretty sure i will have the trout on board, dont think nellie will be there, but you will have to check with roo and kim to see if they can make it..
looks like a good turn out, hope the weather plays the game...
deano..8-)

darylive
31-03-2009, 05:55 PM
You know Telstra really really $#1T$ me!

Whitto
31-03-2009, 06:27 PM
You know Telstra really really $#1T$ me!
There fairly harsh words Daryl.......Lay it on the Ole Silverback my son and I'll see if I can be of assistance.......You can't make these statements and leave us all hanging:o

darylive
31-03-2009, 06:45 PM
Well I'll tell ya, I changed all over to them to get a better deal and every bill since has been a balls up!

To the credit of the little titter at the telstra shop she has managed to fix it each time.

but they are bastards!!:angryfire:

If you don't check your bill they get ya. How can any mob get away with "other charges" what the hell is that? Every time I query it they drop it.

Some one should blow Telstra up!

and as for trying to deal with them on the phone after waiting for ever listening to lies i.e. 'your call is important to us' well answer the bloody phone!
Eventually you end up with MaHat MaCoat MaUndies on MaHead!:furious2:

Ah well that's much better, :mellow: Thanks Whitto.
Now where's my wine and Pizza.

darylive
31-03-2009, 06:49 PM
Now where were we? :huh:

That's right:- Tony Mondy's Boat :uhoh:

The "Black Pearl" :bandana: good choice.
AND ABOUT BLOODY TIME.:grin:

Whitto
31-03-2009, 07:11 PM
Well I'll tell ya, I changed all over to them to get a better deal and every bill since has been a balls up!

To the credit of the little titter at the telstra shop she has managed to fix it each time.

If you don't check your bill they get ya. How can any mob get away with "other charges" what the hell is that? Every time I query it they drop it.

and as for trying to deal with them on the phone after waiting for ever listening to lies i.e. 'your call is important to us' well answer the bloody phone!

Now where's my wine and Pizza. Yep....That sounds about right.....What sort of Pizza ya having

Tropicaltrout
31-03-2009, 07:14 PM
Are Daryle mate are you looking to be a mate aboard the Pearl wrong movie but you would pass as a "SMEED"

Nice name there Tony suits it well

Shame Pete your not going to make the warm-up muster looks like another tragic weekend..... cant wait

Deano I see I am deckie there mate, I will do the driving up the goat track then

Pete62
31-03-2009, 07:23 PM
Hey Nath, it's OK mate, I have a much better offer, Cod and Trout in Armidale................apparentley............... .......:-/

Pete.

TonyM
31-03-2009, 07:32 PM
hehe Thanks Daryl - you always manage to get a smile on my face (although the beer is helping too) :freak:

Bloody Telco's - they're the real pirates nowadays I tell ya!

Pete - getting a Cod would be allright mate, I haven't caught a Murray Cod yet, just need to drag myself away from the Barra one day I spose!

Cheers
Tony

p.s. We had Hot 'n spicy Pizza (love cheap Tuesday) :P

darylive
31-03-2009, 09:05 PM
Hey Nath, it's OK mate, I have a much better offer, Cod and Trout in Armidale................apparentley............... .......:-/

Pete.

Pete, yes be careful down there mate; get some flannel undies to care for your cods it gets bloody cold at Armidale no trout about it!

Steve B
31-03-2009, 09:42 PM

Now Daryl,

Do you need a little lie down mate;);D (thats for the banjo lure dig!)

Yes they are a pain in the A$%e!!! our whole street was without phone lines for a week before they would fix it after a bolt of lightning blew all the fuses at the socket in our walls.....If we had of known that, we could have walked the street and fixed everyones ourselves in 5 min.

Enjoy your pizza mate....and your wine too.!!

cheers Steve

Ahhhhh Ted Bullpit "someone should blow up telstra"....love it.....My parents had a 'neville the concrete aboriginal' in my front yard for years:D

Tropicaltrout
01-04-2009, 06:58 AM
I see for those who are stuck in Brissy and on the coast there is a meet and greet at the Barra Park at Bli Bli.

Not my type of fishing but never the less a good chance to meet some new faces, and see a punk style barra with more peircings then a thing in the mall. I hope it all goes well....

So how many have we got for this gathering? for those attending say I....

I

nipsta
01-04-2009, 07:10 AM

Hey darryl what did ya deal cost ya i pay 70 dollars with virgin and get my phone calls free and 4 gb of download as well all included no line rental to pay it was a bit touchy at the start but works good now liike all this technical stuff has its moments for sure but min bill is capped so unless i make calls to mobiles that arent virgin or international calls and 13 or 1300 calls it cost me 70 bucks for interent and broadband add the missus mobilel it cost 85 and she get 50 buck worth of calls and can ring any virgin phone for free

NAGG
02-04-2009, 03:42 PM
Pete, yes be careful down there mate; get some flannel undies to care for your cods it gets bloody cold at Armidale no trout about it!

Drove through there yesterday afternoon (17 Deg @ around 4pm) ..... mind you it was shitty weather:(

darylive
02-04-2009, 08:14 PM
Nip, I am getting it sorted slowly, Basards. :wut:

Same sort of deal all good unless you use the net or make phone call on the bloody phones. I should have stayed with Optus pre paid, dodo dial up and telstra budget home phone that was only ever plugged into the dial up computer. :uhoh:

But NOOO the world insisted I get Broad band. :gossip: :huh2:

Steve / FoXie get up there and turn the bloody tap off what are they thinkin lettin the water out of our fishin hole BLOODY IGITS! :evil2:

iT is absolutly bloody p1551n down here.

BR65
02-04-2009, 09:14 PM
http://www.sunwater.com.au/water_store.htm

28% as at today

TonyM
02-04-2009, 11:38 PM
Good to see you're flying the colours there Daryl :D Only another 99 years service on the pearl and ye be free from service matey :bandana:

Geez 28% Brian - if this keeps up the Pearl will be landlocked again and I'll have to deal with those bloody land crabs again! :-/

Will be interesting to fish at the lower levels again - ole lake misery always keeps changing, guess that's part of what keeps us all addicted!

Cheers
Tony

Whitto
03-04-2009, 06:43 AM
Roll on 18% is what I say;D

robersl
03-04-2009, 06:51 AM
Daryl telstra rip you off i was with them only had 400mg download and never went over, then they took the metre off there site and within 2 days i was over the limit rang and complained they fixed it up happened again next month and the month after all within 2-4 days of they month starting so told them to stick it

shane

nipsta
03-04-2009, 07:03 AM
darryl i reckom telstra should pay us t use there line i reckon line rentl is the biggest con i have ever heard off now with virgin broadband wireless i dont pay line rental and all local and long distance calls are free its a great deal as you get the broadband internet as part of the whole deal 2 g download limit and it shapped so when ya go over it slow down its speed till the start date then off ya go again like i said the only time it cost ya more is when ya dial 13 or 1300 numbers or ring a non virgin mobile so i just use my postpaid mobile as i have 300 dollars credit a month there to use and all is good cheaper then telstra ad paying for broadband on top to top it off use to cost me 170 all up now it cost me 110 all up

nipsta
03-04-2009, 07:04 AM
darryl i reckom telstra should pay us t use there line i reckon line rentl is the biggest con i have ever heard off now with virgin broadband wireless i dont pay line rental and all local and long distance calls are free its a great deal as you get the broadband internet as part of the whole deal 2 g download limit and it shapped so when ya go over it slow down its speed till the start date then off ya go again like i said the only time it cost ya more is when ya dial 13 or 1300 numbers or ring a non virgin mobile so i just use my postpaid mobile as i have 300 dollars credit a month there to use and all is good cheaper then telstra ad paying for broadband on top to top it off use to cost me 170 all up now it cost me 110 all up that is including 2 mobile phones so good price

NAGG
03-04-2009, 07:37 AM
Roll on 18% is what I say;D

Gee ..... my way of thinking Lower water levels = greater chance of winter & summer fish kills :( ( both Callide & Wuruma ...... have basically been Wiped out)

More water , improved biomass & big heathy barra8-)

Chris

Whitto
03-04-2009, 11:26 AM
Gee ..... my way of thinking Lower water levels = greater chance of winter & summer fish kills :( ( both Callide & Wuruma ...... have basically been Wiped out)

More water , improved biomass & big heathy barra8-)

Chris
A couple of years ago that was the case for Callide and Wuruma and many other Impoundments......talking to those who have fished Callide and Waruma and they are far from Basically wiped out .....in those days the fish kills were a combination of a particulaly harsh winter and low water....it's not something you are going to see every year......at 18% the fishing at Monduran was the best I personally have experienced

NAGG
03-04-2009, 11:48 AM
A couple of years ago that was the case for Callide and Wuruma and many other Impoundments......talking to those who have fished Callide and Waruma and they are far from Basically wiped out .....in those days the fish kills were a combination of a particulaly harsh winter and low water....it's not something you are going to see every year......at 18% the fishing at Monduran was the best I personally have experienced

wuruma suffered from the heat ........ & Callide the cold - Callide was a great place for big barra ........ but from what i have heard - bugger all is caught these days.
so i like to see ...... water in the dams

Whitto
03-04-2009, 01:58 PM
wuruma suffered from the heat ........ & Callide the cold - Callide was a great place for big barra ........ but from what i have heard - bugger all is caught these days.
so i like to see ...... water in the dams Waruma did suffer from the heat and was again affected by the harsh winter of a few years ago along with many other impoundments including Moondarra in Mt Isa......I can't remember who it was last weekend at Monduran saying that Barra around the 60/70/80cm mark are being caught in Waruma...so thats a very good sign

NAGG
03-04-2009, 03:10 PM
Waruma did suffer from the heat and was again affected by the harsh winter of a few years ago along with many other impoundments including Moondarra in Mt Isa......I can't remember who it was last weekend at Monduran saying that Barra around the 60/70/80cm mark are being caught in Waruma...so thats a very good sign

Yeh Whitto ..... I have heard that Wuruma is on the up :) ....... It just needs to get some more water ! ..... otherwise its just a big puddle ;)

So you all geed up for the next mondy assault :P

Chris

Whitto
03-04-2009, 04:50 PM
As cold as Charity as Monduran can be during Winter...I'm actually looking forward to some very pleasant days on the Dam......Night sessions will be warming by the fire and an appropriate beverage.....Frogging the weed beds and the usual points....failing that I suppose I'll be home mowing....NOT....I have a good feeling about this coming winter...God knows it's been a crap summer for me.....Love it:D

Whitto
03-04-2009, 05:04 PM
Yeh Whitto ..... I have heard that Wuruma is on the up :) ....... It just needs to get some more water ! ..... otherwise its just a big puddle ;)

So you all geed up for the next mondy assault :P

Chris Yeah always looking forward to the 17th......Hoping for the NE'er to come out and play...may make all the difference Chris.....no excuses some crews did catch Barra last trip.....btw now and then I've got a couple of Baitcasters to service....Here's hoping for a great weekend;D

themissus
03-04-2009, 05:24 PM
If the planet's aline we'll be there. We have a few balls in the air at the moment, so not sure yet. Weather will also be a deciding factor, not going all that way if it going to be shite. We were planning to go up the weekend after but I got my weeks out of wack at work. Looks like a great turn out. I'm not getting too excited yet....but bring on the mini muster.
Cheers Kim.

NAGG
03-04-2009, 05:54 PM
Yeah always looking forward to the 17th......Hoping for the NE'er to come out and play...may make all the difference Chris.....no excuses some crews did catch Barra last trip.....btw now and then I've got a couple of Baitcasters to service....Here's hoping for a great weekend;D

Do you still expect NE winds in mid April ??? ....... Little wind would be just as good ... as long as it is warm :P

You know very well ...... It will be a great trip regardless

Chris

NAGG
03-04-2009, 05:57 PM
If the planet's aline we'll be there. We have a few balls in the air at the moment, so not sure yet. Weather will also be a deciding factor, not going all that way if it going to be shite. We were planning to go up the weekend after but I got my weeks out of wack at work. Looks like a great turn out. I'm not getting too excited yet....but bring on the mini muster.
Cheers Kim.

I hear that the moon has a great influence ;) ;D

Hopefully you can make it guys ....... I have a good feel about it with all of this crap weather that we are having atm ........ Should be fun !

Chris

themissus
06-04-2009, 01:28 PM
The moon is over rated!!;D ;D
We'll keep you posted. Woolies did have everything for RR and ginger cake on special on saturday when i was there.....so I stocked up just incase;) ;) ::)
Cheers Kim.

Steve B
06-04-2009, 08:10 PM
The moon is over rated!!;D ;D
We'll keep you posted. Woolies did have everything for RR and ginger cake on special on saturday when i was there.....so I stocked up just incase;) ;) ::)
Cheers Kim.

Moon over rated????:-/ its the most talked about subject on here;D

darylive
06-04-2009, 08:13 PM
If We have balls in the air at the moment, so not sure yet.
Cheers Kim.

Well anything could happen there? :o How is ROO?

Do you still expect NE winds in mid April ??? ....... Little wind would be just as good ... as long as it is warm :P

Chris

Remind me to keep up stream of you and your Warm wind :-/

Whitto
06-04-2009, 08:31 PM
Moon over rated????:-/ its the most talked about subject on here;D Yes I agree Steve...you clearly have been the Butt of far too many jokes on this subject.....many of which Cracked me up....The Hole thing has been twisted out of proportion...Fair dinkum the Cheek of some people....Im sure you have had a Bum steer....just put the hole thing behind you;D

NAGG
06-04-2009, 08:31 PM
Well anything could happen there? :o How is ROO?

Remind me to keep up stream of you and your Warm wind :-/

Just dont strike a match ::)

TonyM
06-04-2009, 09:41 PM
Good one Whitto - I hope Steve hasn't come un-stuck over it all, from being the Butt of one Sticky joke to a Hole new one!

Whitto
07-04-2009, 07:09 AM
Yes Tony.....These jokes can Stick around far to long.....Butt eventually the Hole thing ends up at the Bottom of the Pile:P

Tropicaltrout
07-04-2009, 07:09 AM
Are a couple out now guys and girls sounds a good bunch once again the draw card being Barra and a camp fire what more could a Aussie want.....

Nagg Callide id doing real well fish to 70 cm showing up let hope for a kind winter un like the one 3 or 4 years ago, waruma well it to is fishing well which is great to see for those towns near by like Billo etc.... and from what i read there are talks of camping finally being allowed at the dam at callide....

Awoonga
07-04-2009, 07:22 AM
This sounds like a plan.....Maybe....Going to Brissy the week after to do a couple of Winter Barra talks ....So a bit of tuition from you guys should help........

nipsta
07-04-2009, 07:28 AM
Moon over rated????:-/ its the most talked about subject on here;D

Ive noticed a crack forming right down the middle of the moon hope they can fix it lol

well ii just got clearance to attend this next trip so im in yahoo on my own butt in

NAGG
07-04-2009, 08:16 AM
This sounds like a plan.....Maybe....Going to Brissy the week after to do a couple of Winter Barra talks ....So a bit of tuition from you guys should help........

With a little luck we wont be sharing pastry recipes ......... Regardless another great weekend is looming!

chris

NAGG
07-04-2009, 08:18 AM
Are a couple out now guys and girls sounds a good bunch once again the draw card being Barra and a camp fire what more could a Aussie want.....

Nagg Callide id doing real well fish to 70 cm showing up let hope for a kind winter un like the one 3 or 4 years ago, waruma well it to is fishing well which is great to see for those towns near by like Billo etc.... and from what i read there are talks of camping finally being allowed at the dam at callide....

Ahhh so many dams ...... so little time :P - thanks for the lowdown Nath

Chris

DEANO68
07-04-2009, 09:53 AM

how are ya trev, the bloke at davos at noosa said you may be there for a chat with matt, may see you there..
deano.8-)

nipsta
07-04-2009, 01:01 PM
so kim i hope this time i mgiht get to meet you and roo and also try this rockyroad ive been waiting to havea crack at
I just got to remeber how to catch one of these barra things again

Peter4
07-04-2009, 01:04 PM
It it time to update the attendance list??

themissus
07-04-2009, 01:26 PM
so kim i hope this time i mgiht get to meet you and roo and also try this rockyroad ive been waiting to havea crack at
I just got to remeber how to catch one of these barra things again

There's a good chance Simon!! I know what you mean about remembering how to catch them, the muster last year was our last trip.

Hey Daryl....you leave Rod's nads out of it::) ::) They're doing just fine:-*

Steveo.....I got nothing. Just keep it in your pants would ya??:o

nipsta
07-04-2009, 03:35 PM
i think i will leave my tent at home as well and sleep in the navara like ai did at the muster last time
is the black pearl coming tony m looking forward to seeing that vessel and finally getting to put the white explorer on the sweetwater for the first time since i finished all the upgrading cant wait hope the leccy still works hasnt turn a cog since november;D

nipsta
07-04-2009, 03:54 PM
2 question what is a Koolabung Boney Bream lure never seen one but heard about them also with the water level droping is the dirt ramp down from the houses still acessable

NAGG
07-04-2009, 04:39 PM
2 question what is a Koolabung Boney Bream lure never seen one but heard about them also with the water level droping is the dirt ramp down from the houses still acessable

Simon .... The ramp is all good - no dramas

As for the Boney bream ........ not to different to a mad mullet or tilsan barra .... from memory
PS ....... go soft mate .... go soft :P

cheers

Chris

nipsta
07-04-2009, 05:37 PM
Simon .... The ramp is all good - no dramas

As for the Boney bream ........ not to different to a mad mullet or tilsan barra .... from memory
PS ....... go soft mate .... go soft :P

cheers

Chris

never caught one on a placcy yet so keen too though
i just be happy to get one again and settle the ibd i reckon once see what the wind is doing it will make me a bit more confident
\

TonyM
07-04-2009, 06:29 PM
i think i will leave my tent at home as well and sleep in the navara like ai did at the muster last time
is the black pearl coming tony m looking forward to seeing that vessel and finally getting to put the white explorer on the sweetwater for the first time since i finished all the upgrading cant wait hope the leccy still works hasnt turn a cog since november;D

Yes I'll be there Simon, and wild horses couldn't stop me taking the Pearl up (even a blown gearbox doesn't stop me when I want to launch that boat) ;D

I just got the motor serviced (not into waiting 3 years) good thing I did too, the impeller and housing were shot so could have made a trip end short in tears :'( Other than that all looked good - just have to use the thing now!

Will be great to catch up again, and I look forward to seeing the mods you've done as well!

Cheers
Tony

Tropicaltrout
07-04-2009, 06:34 PM
Well from what I see....

Peter4
Whitto
Deano68
TonyM
Tropicaltrout
Darylive
Roo & The Missus
Nipsta
Nagg

So unless the weather is crook should be a good turn out don't forget to gather wood on the way in and a chair for the fire.....

NAGG
07-04-2009, 06:45 PM
Well from what I see....

Peter4
Whitto
Deano68
TonyM
Tropicaltrout
Darylive
Roo & The Missus
Nipsta
Nagg

So unless the weather is crook should be a good turn out don't forget to gather wood on the way in and a chair for the fire.....

good call Nath
I have a feeling that we may even get some other blowins :)

chris

nipsta
07-04-2009, 08:24 PM
yeah never know who might pop in maybe the gin gin boys may turn up or that barb wire fellow or ren and stimpy maybe could be interesting maybe 2 thousand as well

DEANO68
08-04-2009, 06:52 AM
good call Nath
I have a feeling that we may even get some other blowins :)

chris

do i detect, a northern counterpart fishin along side the nagg...???

Tropicaltrout
08-04-2009, 07:02 AM
do i detect, a northern counterpart fishin along side the nagg...???

Nagg solo :-X got be someone there to help him:P :P ;D ;D

Are you mate flying the solo banner its a great way to fish but a long day battling the voices in the head.....

Whitto
08-04-2009, 07:44 AM
I do believe you are onto something here Boys......Nagg SOLO, whats going on, how on earth is Chris going to get through these long days battling the demons:(.......Of course I would be happy to assist Chris as his deckie:D.....but Alas Iam unable to attend the pending weekend due to an occasion I cannot get out of:-/ .....Im sure someone will put their hand up (So to speak)......For those going have a great weekend.....just relax and play your natural game and the points will happen (weather pending);)......I myself will be looking at the weekend after;D

NAGG
08-04-2009, 08:46 AM
Nagg solo :-X got be someone there to help him:P :P ;D ;D

Are you mate flying the solo banner its a great way to fish but a long day battling the voices in the head.....

No mate ...... not flying solo - I'm just making final arrangements.

I actually do like fishing on my own - but there is something about fishing for barra with a mate.... the yahoos , check that out , holy crap sort of thing :P & then there is the tactics :scholar: ........ besides who the F#@& is going to help me with that bloody tent ;)

Chris

nipsta
08-04-2009, 09:00 AM
I do believe you are onto something here Boys......Nagg SOLO, whats going on, how on earth is Chris going to get through these long days battling the demons:(.......Of course I would be happy to assist Chris as his deckie:D.....but Alas Iam unable to attend the pending weekend due to an occasion I cannot get out of:-/ .....Im sure someone will put their hand up (So to speak)......For those going have a great weekend.....just relax and play your natural game and the points will happen (weather pending);)......I myself will be looking at the weekend after;D
oh well may catch ya another trip whitto i will be there if ther weather is all good and oliver settles so looking forward to it for sure

Peter4
08-04-2009, 09:12 AM
Well from what I see....

Peter4
Whitto
Deano68
TonyM
Tropicaltrout
Darylive
Roo & The Missus
Nipsta
Nagg

Don't forget BR65 (Brian)....I'm pretty sure he plans to be there.

Whitto is a now a non-starter (catch you next time, buddy).....

Who is everyone fishing with? I will be with my usual partner in crime - my 17 year old son, Kyle.....

DEANO68
08-04-2009, 09:59 AM

Who is everyone fishing with? I will be with my usual partner in crime - my 17 year old son, Kyle.....

The trout and i should roll in just after dark fridy, and will be thirsty..:beer:
deano..8-)

Whitto
08-04-2009, 10:29 AM
A Tallie at the Cattle Grid Deano.....Standards have to be maintained;D

nipsta
08-04-2009, 10:35 AM
The trout and i should roll in just after dark fridy, and will be thirsty..:beer:
deano..8-)

what time you leaving on the friday dean i might follow im trying to get my deckie organize but at the moment im fishing with me and me and um me;D

Griffo2
08-04-2009, 12:32 PM
The wife and i will arrive Thursday Midday and leave early Sunday.It will good to meet, have a yarn and a few beers/rum. We are driving a white Chev Silverardo with a slide on camper our boat is a black Bluefin Tomcat with a 70 Suzi if you see us come and say hello.
Hopefully we will be able to break our run of donuts" 3 " in a row needless to say we have a lot to learn about dam barra its a totally new game.

Peter.

DEANO68
08-04-2009, 12:50 PM
what time you leaving on the friday dean i might follow im trying to get my deckie organize but at the moment im fishing with me and me and um me;D

not sure what time simon, depends on work...

DEANO68
08-04-2009, 12:52 PM
The wife and i will arrive Thursday Midday and leave early Sunday.It will good to meet, have a yarn and a few beers/rum. We are driving a white Chev Silverardo with a slide on camper our boat is a black Bluefin Tomcat with a 70 Suzi if you see us come and say hello.
Hopefully we will be able to break our run of donuts" 3 " in a row needless to say we have a lot to learn about dam barra its a totally new game.

Peter.

gidday peter, id say the camp kitchin will be half full of ausfishos of an evening, spilling beer and rum...:P

Griffo2
08-04-2009, 12:58 PM
Thanks Deano see you there.

Peter

Pete62
08-04-2009, 12:59 PM

Peter.

Hey Peter, mate be vewy vewy careful of this lot;)they will lead u astray. Best idea is to hide right up the back of H............................;D

God help u,

Pete.

DEANO68
08-04-2009, 01:10 PM
Hey Peter, mate be vewy vewy careful of this lot;)they will lead u astray. Best idea is to hide right up the back of H............................;D

God help u,

Pete.

comon pete where not bad people, its just when you mix us all together things can get a tad pear shaped.... especially if your in the mix..;)
deano..8-)

themissus
08-04-2009, 01:18 PM
Yeah...come on Pete, some of us are sweet and innocent:angel:

Pete62
08-04-2009, 01:19 PM
comon pete where not bad people, its just when you mix us all together things can get a tad pear shaped.... especially if your in the mix..;)
deano..8-)

Yeah, I think they call it being "Socially Excited":P

NAGG
08-04-2009, 01:22 PM

Peter.

Peter .... dont go sharing those donuts :-X There will be plenty of us around the top camp kitchen......... just look out for the dubious looking crowd

Chris

Pete62
08-04-2009, 01:22 PM
Yeah...come on Pete, some of us are sweet and innocent:angel:

Whoops my bad........................so sorry Kimmoie, I should have put and exemption clause in with your name on it.......................... Nooooooooooooot;D

Pete.

NAGG
08-04-2009, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropicaltrout http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?p=998302#post998302)
Well from what I see....

Peter4
Whitto
Deano68
TonyM
Tropicaltrout
Darylive
Roo & The Missus
Nipsta
Nagg

So I'm going to drag up with me another former New South Welshman - OBI-WAN (John) ......... someone to talk some sense with ;) ..... just kidding ;D
- All things OK ... Trev (Awoonga) should also be joining us

Cheers

Chris

Griffo2
08-04-2009, 01:45 PM
Nagg

Which one do you call the top camp kitchen do you take the road on the right just past the shop past the toilet block on left then right into camp area and kitchen?

Peter

Peter4
08-04-2009, 01:51 PM
Bloody hell - just checked the water level at Monduran!

When we were there in mid February the level at the dam wall was -9.90m. Now it's -11.78m! That a drop of 1.88m! Some of my shallower spots will now be above ground.

First cut through in the main basin will now be a no go.>:(

Water level is still dropping every day....:'(

NAGG
08-04-2009, 03:12 PM
Nagg

Which one do you call the top camp kitchen do you take the road on the right just past the shop past the toilet block on left then right into camp area and kitchen?

Peter

Thats right Peter ......

We have site 10 ( A powered site) ....... just a chip shot to the kitchen.

Chris

Pete62
08-04-2009, 03:16 PM
Thats right Peter ......

We have site 10 ( A powered site) ....... just a chip shot to the kitchen.

Chris

And an easy stumble home.........................:-/

DEANO68
08-04-2009, 03:17 PM
Bloody hell - just checked the water level at Monduran!

When we were there in mid February the level at the dam wall was -9.90m. Now it's -11.78m! That a drop of 1.88m! Some of my shallower spots will now be above ground.

First cut through in the main basin will now be a no go.>:(

Water level is still dropping every day....:'(

yup, we went round the long way just to be on the safe side,,heard of a couple o props dusted.....now its even lower...

NAGG
08-04-2009, 03:26 PM
And an easy stumble home.........................:-/

;D ;D ;D ;D Yep

Whitto
08-04-2009, 03:27 PM
So I'm going to drag up with me another former New South Welshman - OBI-WAN (John) ......... someone to talk some sense with ;) ..... just kidding ;D
- All things OK ... Trev (Awoonga) should also be joining us

Cheers

Chris Bugger it would have been good to catch up with John and the Dr again......The good thing is there's always next time.....should be a good trip Chris

NAGG
08-04-2009, 03:30 PM
yup, we went round the long way just to be on the safe side,,heard of a couple o props dusted.....now its even lower...

We were taking it 3 weeks ago ........ but I think you are right Deano .... the long way would be the safe way now

Chris

NAGG
08-04-2009, 03:33 PM
Bugger it would have been good to catch up with John and the Dr again......The good thing is there's always next time.....should be a good trip Chris

Whitto .... I'd be chucking a temper tantrum " I wanna go mondy ... I wanna go mondy! :smash: :2vrolijk_08: "

Whitto
08-04-2009, 03:58 PM
Whitto .... I'd be chucking a temper tantrum " I wanna go mondy ... I wanna go mondy! :smash: :2vrolijk_08: " It's starting to shape up that way Chris....unfortunatedly it's one I can't get out of......It's a Next Time Moment>:(

NAGG
08-04-2009, 04:44 PM
It's starting to shape up that way Chris....unfortunatedly it's one I can't get out of......It's a Next Time Moment>:(

ah yes - next time ..... now when will that be ?
After this trip ...... I'm going to go with a break in the weather - If it looks good on an upcoming weekend - I'm there!

Chris

Whitto
08-04-2009, 04:56 PM
After this trip ...... I'm going to go with a break in the weather - If it looks good on an upcoming weekend - I'm there!

ChrisAt this stage Im aimimg for the following weekend and hoping for a change in wind direction.....But for this time of year it's a long shot....Ya just never know;)

DEANO68
08-04-2009, 05:16 PM

Chris

yep thats the way im lookin, those brownies are pretty hard to stack up so im using them wisely for now..:P ..
deano..8-)

NAGG
08-04-2009, 06:41 PM
yep thats the way im lookin, those brownies are pretty hard to stack up so im using them wisely for now..:P ..
deano..8-)

So how many points are required for a trip ;D
Yeh .... I think at this time of year , those little windows of fine weather are worth their weight ......... So its a case of having everything in order & off you go :P

Chris

nipsta
08-04-2009, 06:52 PM
ah the brownie point system works for a while then bang all comes crashing down ive belived the brownie point system before and it has biten me on the stev b before thinking i had enough points up and when i proposed the quedtion of a trip bang shattered i was

Now i work on the i just go system if i give notice in advance i dont even need to ask im out the door no worrys but if i try the im going to the dams this weekend bang nil nuda nothing gets through
so thats why i have planted the seed for june and clearance has been granted inadvances looking good

DEANO68
08-04-2009, 07:10 PM
So how many points are required for a trip ;D
Yeh .... I think at this time of year , those little windows of fine weather are worth their weight ......... So its a case of having everything in order & off you go :P

Chris

bahhh, points are pretty easy sometimes, the mrs likes doin byself / mates stuff also, she just booked flights for herself and a freind to the first state of O,:P in melborne in june , so that gives me a few in the bank...;)
deano.8-)

NAGG
08-04-2009, 07:12 PM
ah the brownie point system works for a while then bang all comes crashing down ive belived the brownie point system before and it has biten me on the stev b before thinking i had enough points up and when i proposed the quedtion of a trip bang shattered i was

Now i work on the i just go system if i give notice in advance i dont even need to ask im out the door no worrys but if i try the im going to the dams this weekend bang nil nuda nothing gets through
so thats why i have planted the seed for june and clearance has been granted inadvances looking good

My point system is based on the $$$$ equation :'(

Chris

NAGG
08-04-2009, 07:16 PM
bahhh, points are pretty easy sometimes, the mrs likes doin byself / mates stuff also, she just booked flights for herself and a freind to the first state of O,:P in melborne in june , so that gives me a few in the bank...;)
deano.8-)

Those points equate to Brians ambition ( a barra / month) .....:2vrolijk_08:

nipsta
08-04-2009, 07:34 PM
My point system is based on the $$$$ equation :'(

Chris

yeah and that 2 $$$$$$$ if available

BR65
08-04-2009, 07:37 PM
Those points equate to Brians ambition ( a barra / month) .....:2vrolijk_08:

That one went out the window mate, bloody March!

BR65
08-04-2009, 07:40 PM
deano.8-)

Holy shite deano, ya letting the handbrake go to S.O.O with out ya, mate, you have more points in the bank than anyone I know, I would expect its roast chicken dinners and no mowin the lawns for you for a year at least!

BR65
08-04-2009, 07:41 PM
Hows the bub and missus pulling up Simon, all good??

Steve B
08-04-2009, 07:46 PM
[quote=nipsta;998821]ah the brownie point system works for a while then bang all comes crashing down ive belived the brownie point system before and it has biten me on the stev b before thinking i had enough points up and when i proposed the quedtion of a trip bang shattered i was

Oyyy;)

NAGG
08-04-2009, 07:50 PM
That one went out the window mate, bloody March!

But you tried ..... you'll just have to make up for it in April :P

BR65
08-04-2009, 08:02 PM
yeah, missed by thaaaaat much, if that tacker would have stayed connected on never fail point, happy days instead of donut daze!

DEANO68
08-04-2009, 08:06 PM
Holy shite deano, ya letting the handbrake go to S.O.O with out ya, mate, you have more points in the bank than anyone I know, I would expect its roast chicken dinners and no mowin the lawns for you for a year at least!

no worrries mate,, ill get tickets for the last one at suncorp, i get to see a live game ....,,, S,O.. number one (melb) i also get to see at home on the big , with the boys, im no dummy, and points to boot....;) ..ahhh the serenity...:P

nipsta
08-04-2009, 08:08 PM
Hows the bub and missus pulling up Simon, all good??

yeah going great all is settled nice i just got my back fied yet again so i shouldbe right for the net 5 months at least had a root sheath injection today painfull sucker for sure but now i now ican handle a fair day of lure casting for sure
are you coming up in the next weekend trip brian

nipsta
08-04-2009, 08:10 PM
[quote=nipsta;998821]ah the brownie point system works for a while then bang all comes crashing down ive belived the brownie point system before and it has biten me on the stev b before thinking i had enough points up and when i proposed the quedtion of a trip bang shattered i was

Oyyy;)

hey steve will try and catch up for sure next weekend i will hopefully all goingto plan leave friday afternoon and may at the same time as all the gear no idea boys try and catch up

nipsta
08-04-2009, 08:14 PM
no worrries mate,, ill get tickets for the last one at suncorp, i get to see a live game ....,,, S,O.. number one (melb) i also get to see at home on the big , with the boys, im no dummy, and points to boot....;) ..ahhh the serenity...:P

went to the broncos versus stgearge game on friday noght at suncorp good venue for sure be worth seeing the last game there if there is tickets still available

BR65
08-04-2009, 08:20 PM
where were ya sitting Simon, I scored a gig in a box on the east side around the 20 meter line, all the turps I could guzzle, but had to work the next day, so drank lites all nite and drove home - sometimes I ask myself why does God hate me so much??

Tropicaltrout
08-04-2009, 08:22 PM
Hey whos going the long weekend in MAY?????

nipsta
08-04-2009, 08:24 PM
where were ya sitting Simon, I scored a gig in a box on the east side around the 20 meter line, all the turps I could guzzle, but had to work the next day, so drank lites all nite and drove home - sometimes I ask myself why does God hate me so much??

i was in the 304 area east side near toyota end of the field must say not a bad spot to watch a game a football so long as you dont need to go for a leek or you drink xxxx other then that all good

nipsta
08-04-2009, 08:26 PM

sorry tincanbay with the family we are gong up chasing winter whiting and sand crabs

Tropicaltrout
08-04-2009, 08:30 PM
The Nipsta is back 4 out of 6 posts....

Winter whiting ooch.... all good fella anyhow I will be heading up, friday night for the long weekend at this stage unless the weather once again packs up.

Nath

Whitto
08-04-2009, 08:34 PM
Hey whos going the long weekend in MAY????? I think I may have a piece of that Nath......:o PS HHHmmm will the hords be there...people left right and center

Tropicaltrout
09-04-2009, 06:41 AM
I think I may have a piece of that Nath......:o PS HHHmmm will the hords be there...people left right and center

Good mate don't forget your doing the roast this time I am staying out fishing ;D ;D ;D ....

Anyhow the ute will be loaded and ready for that one, might bring No1 daughter

NAGG
09-04-2009, 07:07 AM

There is a fare chance that I'll be braving the cold & be fly fishing up the snowies ....... season closing - It will depend on water flows

Chris

Whitto
09-04-2009, 07:08 AM
Deal....Mayday Weekend it is.....OOhh Yeah...Roast and 3 Veg...:PYa gotta love that...and who know's may even do a bit of fishing for those what do they call them Bundy's or Bundies something like that..no I got it Barra thats what their called;D

NAGG
09-04-2009, 07:31 AM
So when is everyone getting in next weekend ?

Chris

Peter4
09-04-2009, 07:47 AM
We'll be arriving around 7.30am Thursday, casting points up in B by 8.00am.....

DEANO68
09-04-2009, 08:09 AM
should crack a tallie at the cattle grid bout 7pm fridy ....:P

NAGG
09-04-2009, 08:14 AM
should crack a tallie at the cattle grid bout 7pm fridy ....:P

Good stuff Deano .......

Chris

DEANO68
09-04-2009, 08:23 AM
Good stuff Deano .......

Chris

well whats your ETA mr naggs.....

Pete62
09-04-2009, 08:26 AM
I will be arriving about 7.30pm Friday, staying at the Rose Villa Motel Armidale, where is everyone else staying:-[

Pete.

NAGG
09-04-2009, 08:31 AM
I will be arriving about 7.30pm Friday, staying at the Rose Villa Motel Armidale, where is everyone else staying:-[

Pete.

So you will need to leave around 10pm to meet us at the ramp @ 5am - you'll be buggered::)

Chris

Pete62
09-04-2009, 08:35 AM
So you will need to leave around 10pm to meet us at the ramp @ 5am - you'll be buggered::)

Chris

Yeah, I wish...........................next time mate, next time.

Pete.

NAGG
09-04-2009, 08:39 AM
Yeah, I wish...........................next time mate, next time.

Pete.

Well ... I plan to do another sortie in May :P

Chris

DEANO68
09-04-2009, 03:09 PM

Pete.

Will be just north of there pete, bout the same time....bbhhhhaaahhhhaaaa...::)

Pete62
09-04-2009, 03:25 PM
Oh hah frikkin' hah, hope ya choke on ya tallie. U will be laughing out the other side of gob when I nail a 500 gram trout:o

Flanno undies r packed.

Pete.

themissus
09-04-2009, 03:27 PM
We should be there about 10am saturday, by the time we stop at Jackie's Barra Havoc for a quick chat::) ::) Plan to leave home about 3am sat morn. Leave monday lunchtime.
Pete, we are going back up for the june long weekend if your keen.
Cheers Kim.

Pete62
09-04-2009, 03:32 PM
We should be there about 10am saturday, by the time we stop at Jackie's Barra Havoc for a quick chat::) ::) Plan to leave home about 3am sat morn. Leave monday lunchtime.
Pete, we are going back up for the june long weekend if your keen.
Cheers Kim.

Thanks Kim, not that u will need it as u have your own permanent moon but the OTHER moon is full on the 7th June.

Pete.

BR65
09-04-2009, 05:19 PM
Oh hah frikkin' hah, hope ya choke on ya tallie. U will be laughing out the other side of gob when I nail a 500 gram trout:o

Flanno undies r packed.

Pete.

Dont forget the 80 leader pete!

Im not even going to attempt a wise crack about the flanno undies

robersl
09-04-2009, 05:25 PM
so Brian are you doing a teflon this weekend i m hitting the passage in the rain to get a feed of tings, took 1h 25 minutes to get from woody point to caboolture this arvo worst i have ever seen the traffic all the back roads were clogged and the hiway was back to pine river,
Hey steve i see on the fff site they have a set of booby lures in the shape of boobs with a single hook to chase the barra with up north, maybe you could produce some sort of new moon lure with a crack up the middle to insert the hooks mate

shane

BR65
09-04-2009, 05:36 PM
Forecast for Bundaberg ForecastMin./Max.Chance of Rain, Likely AmountFrost Risk9am3pmWindRHWindRHFridayhttp://www.eldersweather.com.au/images/icons/fcast_30/possible_shower.gif Possible shower
20 / 27°C60%, 1-5mmNilSSE 20km/h67%ESE 22km/h60%Saturdayhttp://www.eldersweather.com.au/images/icons/fcast_30/possible_shower.gif Possible shower
20 / 28°C60%, 1-5mmNilSSE 21km/h69%ESE 21km/h64%Sundayhttp://www.eldersweather.com.au/images/icons/fcast_30/showers.gif Showers
20 / 28°C70%, 10-20mmNilSSE 21km/h66%ESE 21km/h57%Mondayhttp://www.eldersweather.com.au/images/icons/fcast_30/showers.gif Showers
20 / 28°C70%, 10-20mmNilS 16km/h75%ESE 16km/h69%Tuesdayhttp://www.eldersweather.com.au/images/icons/fcast_30/possible_shower.gif Possible shower
20 / 29°C60%, 1-5mmNilS 15km/h85%SE 13km/h63%Wednesdayhttp://www.eldersweather.com.au/images/icons/fcast_30/possible_shower.gif Possible shower
21 / 29°C50%, 1-5mmNilS 9km/h69%E 12km/h57%Thursdayhttp://www.eldersweather.com.au/images/icons/fcast_30/possible_shower.gif Possible shower
20 / 29°C50%, -

At least its consistant.......

NAGG
09-04-2009, 06:00 PM
Forecast for Bundaberg ForecastMin./Max.Chance of Rain, Likely AmountFrost Risk9am3pmWindRHWindRHFridayhttp://www.eldersweather.com.au/images/icons/fcast_30/possible_shower.gif Possible shower
20 / 27°C60%, 1-5mmNilSSE 20km/h67%ESE 22km/h60%Saturdayhttp://www.eldersweather.com.au/images/icons/fcast_30/possible_shower.gif Possible shower
20 / 28°C60%, 1-5mmNilSSE 21km/h69%ESE 21km/h64%Sundayhttp://www.eldersweather.com.au/images/icons/fcast_30/showers.gif Showers
20 / 28°C70%, 10-20mmNilSSE 21km/h66%ESE 21km/h57%Mondayhttp://www.eldersweather.com.au/images/icons/fcast_30/showers.gif Showers
20 / 28°C70%, 10-20mmNilS 16km/h75%ESE 16km/h69%Tuesdayhttp://www.eldersweather.com.au/images/icons/fcast_30/possible_shower.gif Possible shower
20 / 29°C60%, 1-5mmNilS 15km/h85%SE 13km/h63%Wednesdayhttp://www.eldersweather.com.au/images/icons/fcast_30/possible_shower.gif Possible shower
21 / 29°C50%, 1-5mmNilS 9km/h69%E 12km/h57%Thursdayhttp://www.eldersweather.com.au/images/icons/fcast_30/possible_shower.gif Possible shower
20 / 29°C50%, -

At least its consistant.......

settled weather :P

Chris

Tropicaltrout
09-04-2009, 07:15 PM
Hey the positive with that snap shot Brian is its gets less windy?????:-/

Will wait and see what next week brings.....8-)

Hey Pete go hard down there mate hope you nail a few Trout at the very least a nice feed and a chance of a cod I am guessing?

Nath

Tropicaltrout
09-04-2009, 07:29 PM
Hey just a had a bo peep on the mirriam vale outlook, winds swing to NE thursday

Pete62
09-04-2009, 07:31 PM
Hey Nath, will give it a shot bud, would rather be up there with u mob but hey I will make the best of what I have to do, ya never know, something different. Check with Deano about May.

Pete.

BR65
09-04-2009, 07:32 PM
Thats what I thought Nath, and whilst its sou east, at least its been a constant sou east for a while now.
Im thinking your thinking what Im thinking
Pete, Im with Nath, you go hard on those feral introduced noxious trout thingeys brother, think I read some where they are in the same family as the carp???

Pete62
09-04-2009, 07:43 PM
Thats what I thought Nath, and whilst its sou east, at least its been a constant sou east for a while now.
Pete, Im with Nath, you go hard on those feral introduced noxious trout thingeys brother, think I read some where they are in the same family as the carp???
Ah u r a funny little sparkie;D

I will do my best to rid the country of as many as I can, just for u mate.

Pete

NAGG
09-04-2009, 08:00 PM

The best ferral introduced into this country ........ yum :P

Chris

nipsta
09-04-2009, 08:33 PM
im hoping i will be there around the same time if not earlier then dean on friday
if all things go to plan

NAGG
09-04-2009, 08:56 PM
im hoping i will be there around the same time if not earlier then dean on friday
if all things go to plan

& a beer or few not long after :P

Chris

nipsta
09-04-2009, 09:16 PM
& a beer or few not long after :P

Chris
yeah ya not wong about that no setting up today njust pull up and crack a beer or southern or 2 should be good

NAGG
09-04-2009, 09:30 PM
yeah ya not wong about that no setting up today njust pull up and crack a beer or southern or 2 should be good

This will be a long week :(

Chris

Obi _ Wan
09-04-2009, 09:58 PM
Hey Chris,

How did your salt and pepper squid turn out???

My slab of Redcliffe snapper was bloody beautiful ;D

One question, how many cartons of xxxx will fit in your boat????? ;D

Cheers,
John.

DEANO68
10-04-2009, 07:18 AM
Hey just a had a bo peep on the mirriam vale outlook, winds swing to NE thursday

i just had a bo peep at the sunwater site, apparently we have 32% at the mo..:-/ up a tad from 27% last reading..must have stopped irrigating...
deano..

Whitto
10-04-2009, 07:28 AM
i just had a bo peep at the sunwater site, apparently we have 32% at the mo..:-/ up a tad from 27% last reading..must have stopped irrigating...
deano.. I hope the wind change sticks around for a while.....Deano have alook in "The Bilge" under mini B double.....classic Di.khe.d

NAGG
10-04-2009, 07:42 AM
Hey Chris,

How did your salt and pepper squid turn out???

My slab of Redcliffe snapper was bloody beautiful ;D

One question, how many cartons of xxxx will fit in your boat????? ;D

Cheers,
John.

Salt & pepper squid was very noice ......... washed down with a bottle of Oyster bay sav blanc :P

To answer your question on how many cartons of xxxx fit in my boat :-/ Thats a trick question - - None!!!! ........ But the esky holds around 30 cans of beer or 24 long necks.
Oh & I can get another carton into the insulated live well:P :P :P

Chris

NAGG
10-04-2009, 07:48 AM
deano..

Thats a fair sort of increase ......... that could be a big plus for us 8-)

Chris

Peter4
10-04-2009, 07:52 AM
I think someone got the measures wrong! According to BOM the water level increased by 1.4m yesterday morning without any significant rainfall in the last week!

Perhaps that rapid fall over the last three weeks has been overstated and has now been corrected. I hope so!

DEANO68
10-04-2009, 07:52 AM
Thats a fair sort of increase ......... that could be a big plus for us 8-)

Chris

might even have some water on the points ::) ...old ground is now already new ground...::) ..
deano..8-)

Tropicaltrout
10-04-2009, 07:55 AM
Gee Nagg the weather looks to be on your side for the weekend mate winds dropping and swinging around temps are stable rain is fizzing out...

The week will be a long one for sure, cant wait to crack a tallie at the cattle grid!

Peter4
10-04-2009, 07:59 AM
deano..

Up a tad! Deano you are the master of the understatement. A 5% difference at Mondy is about 28,000ML and 1.5m+.

Remember the huge 5m rise last February? That was after a very wet couple of days and over 200mm of rain. Mondy went from 18% to 38%, an increase of over 110,000ML!

I actually prefer stable weather and stable water levels. On the new numbers Mondy has only fallen 0.5m or so since our February visit......

NAGG
10-04-2009, 08:01 AM
might even have some water on the points ::) ...old ground is now already new ground...::) ..
deano..8-)

We need confirmation .......... Hey Foxy or Steve - can you confirm for us :)

Chris

nipsta
10-04-2009, 08:02 AM
bring on next weekend i say cant wait to see her again hey dean have you worked out whatim yas are leaving yet i need some sort of idea
i need follow car
so i remeber how to get there

DEANO68
10-04-2009, 08:02 AM
Up a tad! Deano you are the master of the understatement. A 5% difference at Mondy is about 28,000ML and 1.5m+.

Remember the huge 5m rise last February? That was after a very wet couple of days and over 200mm of rain. Mondy went from 18% to 38%, an increase of over 110,000ML!

I actually prefer stable weather and stable water levels. On the new numbers Mondy has only fallen 0.5m or so since our February visit......

that was big,,, didnt think they have had much rain this week though.??.mabe it was a boo boo ,,,,booboo....8-)

DEANO68
10-04-2009, 08:05 AM
bring on next weekend i say cant wait to see her again hey dean have you worked out whatim yas are leaving yet i need some sort of idea
i need follow car
so i remeber how to get there

gotta wait till fridy mate, see how happy the boss is, and work load...might be stuck there till 4.30 yet,...:'(

Peter4
10-04-2009, 08:05 AM
Bloody hell, for the first time ever I'm wishing my Easter break was already over - why? So I can get to Mondy, of course......bring on next Thursday.

NAGG
10-04-2009, 08:06 AM
Gee Nagg the weather looks to be on your side for the weekend mate winds dropping and swinging around temps are stable rain is fizzing out...

The week will be a long one for sure, cant wait to crack a tallie at the cattle grid!

I thought it was common knowledge that I usually organise good weather when I go barra fishing ;) cept for last time .... I only got it half right.

anyhow ......... it looks like a great little gathering - hopefully the weather & barra gods look after us .

Chris

NAGG
10-04-2009, 08:15 AM
Bloody hell, for the first time ever I'm wishing my Easter break was already over - why? So I can get to Mondy, of course......bring on next Thursday.

I was thinking the same thing Pete .......... I'll do some rigging today ( my nut came for the Zillion HLC yesterday :2vrolijk_08: ....... so I'll have all outfits available) ....... All while watching series 6 of the AFC:) ----- oh yeh oh yeh - NUMBER 1 on the water baby - MONDRUM ... That's my dam! In a mid yank accent!

Chris

Tropicaltrout
10-04-2009, 08:22 AM
:D Well i like you work Nagg... ;)

Deano I will work on a early departure from the office at 3 or 4 pm....

Nip you will find it mate just head south its just afther a real big prawn;) :P

Its going to be a hard week i reckon espeacially if this weather straightens up the way its is so far8-)

NAGG
10-04-2009, 08:28 AM
:D Well i like you work Nagg... ;)

Deano I will work on a early departure from the office at 3 or 4 pm....

Nip you will find it mate just head south its just afther a real big prawn;) :P

Its going to be a hard week i reckon espeacially if this weather straightens up the way its is so far8-)

Work .... is a 4 letter word Nath - but it does pay the bills

where is everyone setting up ....... ??
We have a powered site under the tree next to the picnic table

Chris

Tropicaltrout
10-04-2009, 08:34 AM
Where we fall...

Near he kitchen mate, easy to all facilities and good cover for a yarn and a beer

Peter4
10-04-2009, 08:35 AM
We'll be in one of the cabins....

nipsta
10-04-2009, 08:50 AM
so where is the updated list how many will be there and who is fishing with who?

Peter4
10-04-2009, 09:08 AM
so where is the updated list how many will be there and who is fishing with who?

I'll give this a go.....

Peter4 (Pete) with son, Kyle
Tropicaltrout (Nath) with DEANO68 (Dean)
NAGG (Chris) with Obi_Wan (John)
Roo (Rod) with themissus (Kim)
BR65 (Brian) fishing solo
nipsta (Simon) fishing solo - I'm guessing here
darylive (Daryl) - dunno!
Griffo2 (Peter) with his wife
TonyM (Tony) - dunno!
Awoonga (Trev) - dunno!

Sorry if I missed anyone.....

NAGG
10-04-2009, 09:12 AM
I'll give this a go.....

Peter4 (Pete) with son, Kyle
Tropicaltrout (Nath) with DEANO68 (Dean)
NAGG (Chris) with Obi_Wan (John)
Roo (Rod) with themissus (Kim)
BR65 (Brian) fishing solo
nipsta (Simon) fishing solo - I'm guessing here
darylive (Daryl) - dunno!
Griffo2 (Peter) with his wife
TonyM (Tony) - dunno!
Awoonga (Trev) - dunno!

Sorry if I missed anyone.....

Trev will ( if he can make it) fish with John & myself ..... in either the skeet or hornet

BR65
10-04-2009, 09:13 AM
Something to think about for those attending, with a huge crowd up there over Easter, and every lure that ratles, splashes, gurgles, hops, slides, jinks, fizzes, skims, floats, sinks, suspends, plastic, hard bod, trolled and casted presented to the fish, what are YOU going to do that will entice a shell shocked barra into having a crack at your individual presentation?

Or is it just me, sittin here on a 'nut doing some keyboard casting, that is thinking like that.............?

nipsta
10-04-2009, 09:26 AM
dynamite lol

DEANO68
10-04-2009, 09:34 AM
Something to think about for those attending, with a huge crowd up there over Easter, and every lure that ratles, splashes, gurgles, hops, slides, jinks, fizzes, skims, floats, sinks, suspends, plastic, hard bod, trolled and casted presented to the fish, what are YOU going to do that will entice a shell shocked barra into having a crack at your individual presentation?

Or is it just me, sittin here on a 'nut doing some keyboard casting, that is thinking like that.............?

might bring the scooba gear brian, go swimmin, find a fish, grab the f%$#&r by the tail and shove a hand full of trebs in its gob..
serious but....stealth may be a key factor....8-)

BR65
10-04-2009, 09:39 AM
Im a fan of cast netting, but apparently thats illegal???? (just jokin)

Off to buy the new battery for the kota tomorrow, got to panel beat out one blade of the prop from a little tree incident from last trip to I notice, plus the plate on the trailer is hanging by one bolt, great week end for tinkering in the shed.

BR65
10-04-2009, 09:42 AM
Happy easter to, boys and girls, be safe and enjoy the break!

nipsta
10-04-2009, 09:43 AM
but seriously i just be happy to see the dam again its been since beginning of november so im hanging to check it out fish will be bonus go a bit of a plan but will wait to see what its like and how im feeling nopressure just fun fun fun

Tropicaltrout
10-04-2009, 09:44 AM
Polly Steath Deano, yeah Brian not much to it really just flog the guts out of it till we foul hook a bugger, and easter means trollers hopefully and with the hundred or so boats hopefully they will sulk till nest weekend

DEANO68
10-04-2009, 09:44 AM
Im a fan of cast netting, but apparently thats illegal???? (just jokin)

Off to buy the new battery for the kota tomorrow, got to panel beat out one blade of the prop from a little tree incident from last trip to I notice, plus the plate on the trailer is hanging by one bolt, great week end for tinkering in the shed.

ahh, maintenance, to the shed......may go look for a jack this arv.....and a few quiet ones, ......:P ..

Tropicaltrout
10-04-2009, 09:47 AM
last trip there was a hunk of something floating along in the water and then something went boof so and a rump sized peice of meat disapeared...... oh well might ring AMI spry some nasal spay into the water that my errect some fins and turn em on:o 8-)

nipsta
10-04-2009, 09:48 AM
ahh, maintenance, to the shed......may go look for a jack this arv.....and a few quiet ones, ......:P ..

ah sounds like me about to go to shed to set boat up from a river raft to a sweetwater raft still got th cast net and pots in there from a plan trip thursday that didnt happen bugger oh well

Whitto
10-04-2009, 10:31 AM

Or is it just me, sittin here on a 'nut doing some keyboard casting, that is thinking like that.............? Tainted Water Brian:'(.....It's all over before it gets started.....Gee's I may live to regret those words......:-[

nipsta
10-04-2009, 10:40 AM
hey whitto hows things down your neck of the woods going ok i hope shame ill miss ya this trip you could have hop in the white nipsta barra explorer

NAGG
10-04-2009, 11:08 AM

I think that come Wednesday/ Thurs things would settle somewhat ...... however I'll head far & wide to fish areas that would be difficult to get to - points that might be surrounded by timber or areas that people would just drive by........... 4 rods rigged with different presentations & just alternate .....
Chris

Whitto
10-04-2009, 11:22 AM
Good now Simon.......Now retired and loving it.....(Apprentice Pensioner)....plenty of time for everthing.....next trip for me will be May sometime.

BR65
10-04-2009, 12:34 PM
I think that come Wednesday/ Thurs things would settle somewhat ...... however I'll head far & wide to fish areas that would be difficult to get to - points that might be surrounded by timber or areas that people would just drive by........... 4 rods rigged with different presentations & just alternate .....
Chris

Still be a few up there I reckon mate, all of next week is designated constructon industry RDO's.

NAGG
10-04-2009, 01:21 PM
Still be a few up there I reckon mate, all of next week is designated constructon industry RDO's.

Bugger ....... OK , I'll fish late - Besides as we know , as the sun goes down - they exit the sticks ::)

Chris

nipsta
10-04-2009, 02:03 PM
Good now Simon.......Now retired and loving it.....(Apprentice Pensioner)....plenty of time for everthing.....next trip for me will be May sometime.

yeah thats good whitto i thought your where gunner get transfered oh well al good no worrys i sure i will catch ya round the trap eventually

Whitto
10-04-2009, 04:32 PM
yeah thats good whitto i thought your where gunner get transfered oh well al good no worrys i sure i will catch ya round the trap eventually There will be no doubt Simon....My biggest dilemma now is deciding if I want to go and when.....Gee's what a problem to have:D

nipsta
10-04-2009, 05:01 PM
There will be no doubt Simon....My biggest dilemma now is deciding if I want to go and when.....Gee's what a problem to have:D

mine is when i have enough dollars to do one more trip before the muster june i think other wise i will be hanging round home for abit and fishing a few trips out the front if all goes to plan with the weather

Tropicaltrout
10-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Hey Brian are you amped or what I am peakin to get up there, must be the doughy taste that sparks it from the last trip....

Whitto
10-04-2009, 07:34 PM
Hey Brian are you amped or what I am peakin to get up there, must be the doughy taste that sparks it from the last trip....
Settle down boys....We don't want any Premature Ejaculating going on:-[...it will only put the Barra off as well as Taint the water:'(

Tropicaltrout
10-04-2009, 07:43 PM
Settle down boys....We don't want any Premature Ejaculating going on:-[...it will only put the Barra off as well as Taint the water:'(

Oh someone sound a little ancy...:P

Pete62
10-04-2009, 08:02 PM
Jesus, I am not goin' and I am gettin' excited.................. settle u blokes it's a bloody week away...........:P

Nath, look at moie, look at moie.................

NAGG
10-04-2009, 08:10 PM
Jesus, I am not goin' and I am gettin' excited.................. settle u blokes it's a bloody week away...........:P

This is my first shot at a April barra ....... & I'm jumpin out of my skin :2vrolijk_08:
I reckon - These guys know that the fishing can be pretty good during April / May ......... hence the excitement
Either that .....or they are just pissheads lookin forward to getting stuck into it :-/

Chris

PS .... Where is Daryl ?

Tropicaltrout
10-04-2009, 08:13 PM
Us we dont drink much? do we Pete

Pete62
10-04-2009, 08:24 PM

Nah mate, from what I have seen u drink JUST enough......................................to put up with Deano;D

Pete

nipsta
10-04-2009, 08:37 PM
water they drink dont they

NAGG
10-04-2009, 08:37 PM

A campfire , sunrise & a beer ........ Hmmm

Chris

Whitto
10-04-2009, 09:44 PM
This is my first shot at a April barra ....... & I'm jumpin out of my skin :2vrolijk_08:
I reckon - These guys know that the fishing can be pretty good during April / May ......... hence the excitement
Either that .....or they are just pissheads lookin forward to getting stuck into it :-/

Chris

PS .... Where is Daryl ? At home pissed Im guessing;D

BR65
10-04-2009, 09:52 PM

packed the gear today mate

TonyM
10-04-2009, 10:36 PM

Oh wow - I hadn't realised it's that close! WOOHOOO!!!!! :laola::freak:

Obi _ Wan
10-04-2009, 10:41 PM
Chris,
I just had warning flash through my mind :anxious:

You did remove those fifty year old Dunlop Volleys from your boat :end:

John.

nipsta
11-04-2009, 02:24 AM
At home pissed Im guessing;D

um yeah maybe home tippsy whitto lol
im like you brian packed and ready to go i just got to go to a lolly shop to top up on a couple of things unless ican leave early enough on the friday then i can stop at foxies and get a few as well but will have to see i guess
see having new child hasits benifits wakes ya up at 2.24 in th morning and ya can add a few more post lol

NAGG
11-04-2009, 06:42 AM
Chris,
I just had warning flash through my mind :anxious:

You did remove those fifty year old Dunlop Volleys from your boat :end:

John.

Dont panic John ...... That was part of the exorcism:whip:

Chris

NAGG
11-04-2009, 06:46 AM
um yeah maybe home tippsy whitto lol
im like you brian packed and ready to go i just got to go to a lolly shop to top up on a couple of things unless ican leave early enough on the friday then i can stop at foxies and get a few as well but will have to see i guess
see having new child hasits benifits wakes ya up at 2.24 in th morning and ya can add a few more post lol

Ahhh the joys of a newborn ........ I remember it well (up at 1 & again at 4ish:dizzy: )

Chris

Pete62
11-04-2009, 06:54 AM
What the hell r u blokes doing on line at this time of the day??

Me, I am sittin' in the office waiting for my crew to turn up. I guess if the floods have silver lining it's getting a crew of 20 guys working on Disaster Recovery. Pulling carpets and furniture out of all those poor buggars houses and offices that got flooded.

And I just ate a fresh out of the oven Hot Cross bun.......................Mmmm.

Then I am going fishing.

Pete.

Oh yeah and I have a hangover:P

Whitto
11-04-2009, 06:55 AM
Oh someone sound a little ancy...:P

No not me Nath....I just know what Im going to miss out on.....I may even sneak up Saturday night after the Party to get an early start Sunday morning.....then again I may not....Bugga;)

NAGG
11-04-2009, 07:14 AM
*NEWSFLASH***NEWSFLASH***NEWSFLASH* ***NEWSFLASH***NEWSFLASH***NEWSFLASH***

..... It's official - the 17th-19th April has just been awarded MM status.....

The award has been invested based on interest , nominated attendees & posts generated :P

....... Regards

Chris

NAGG
11-04-2009, 07:26 AM
What the hell r u blokes doing on line at this time of the day??

Me, I am sittin' in the office waiting for my crew to turn up. I guess if the floods have silver lining it's getting a crew of 20 guys working on Disaster Recovery. Pulling carpets and furniture out of all those poor buggars houses and offices that got flooded.

And I just ate a fresh out of the oven Hot Cross bun.......................Mmmm.

Then I am going fishing.

Pete.

Oh yeah and I have a hangover:P

Pete .... We are so excited that we cant sleep ....... Oh & I had some knobs stumbling down the street at 5.30am pissed singing (trying) chilli peppers songs:angryfire: :furious2: :rifle: