PDA

View Full Version : New Quintrex 440 Hornet Trophy

Bear001
25-03-2009, 09:04 AM
Does anyone out there have any info/specs on the new 440 Hornet Trophy due for release by Quintrex?

Thanks
Cin

ant_72
25-03-2009, 09:17 AM
4.43m bow to transom, 5.40m length on trailer, 3.0mm bottom, 1.6mm topsides, 2.02m beam,0.94m depth, 30hp recom power, 50hp max power, long shaft, 120kg transom max, 280kg weight, 480kg max load (basic floatation), 4 people max. I hope that gives you a bit of a start with the specs. Feel free to PM me if you would like more info.

Ant

oldboot
10-04-2009, 11:03 PM
now the next question is... does anybody have a hornet and can give a report on how they go.

they look attractive to me but i wonder how they handle some heavier chop.

it occurs the hull would be a very goo smooth water design.... but how would it go out in the bay?

cheers

DazSamFishing
11-04-2009, 04:31 PM
Hi Cin,

I've owned a 440 makocraft estuary tracker tournament. Another 2 mates have a stacer & allycraft tournament 445.

Each to their own, but in my opinion, the quinnie hornets are overpriced. Plenty alloy tournament boats out there to consider. My opinion only...

daz.

NAGG
11-04-2009, 06:04 PM
now the next question is... does anybody have a hornet and can give a report on how they go.

it occurs the hull would be a very goo smooth water design.... but how would it go out in the bay?

cheers

If you want a quinny that can handle the bay .... in the hornet type configuration - then go a topender. (millenium hull)
hornets are a great lake / river/ estuary boat that can handle a bit of chop .... but wet in crosswinds - they really are only suitable on good days for the bay ..... as they are only a upgraded V nose punt (a very good one though)

Chris

oldboot
11-04-2009, 06:50 PM
I was no particularly looking for a tornament boat..... but stability at rest and shallow draft are attractive.....

I was curious to hear if they were much better than any other punt when it gets s bit rough.......seems not.

back to looking at "V" hulls.

cheers

drunkenduncan
11-04-2009, 07:33 PM

cheers
Mate,
I have a 4.35 hornet that a previous ausfish member owned. I love the boat but... Its a great estuary, and close inshore boat but does track like a pig in a following swell. I do all my fishing from the front casting deck so I can recommend them if you are after that sort thing. It can handle an average chop, they arent a dry boat, but if you are after something to take outside as well as an alrounder then a hornet probably isnt for you. Mine is set up onlay as a estuary/impoundment boat and thats what reckon they are most suited for.

oldboot
11-04-2009, 10:09 PM
That seems to be the impression I am getting. cheers

Bear001
12-04-2009, 08:57 AM
Oldboot - I already have a 400 hornet trophy which we took up to Moreton bay last sept - not suited at all to those conditions.

We had a very wet, and actually, quite unsafe week!

Hornet great for my area (dams etc) - but as Nagg indicated go Topender or alloy up there.

Thanks for all replies - we were looking to compare specs on the current 435 hornet and new 440 - found them the same - just renamed.

Cin