PDA

View Full Version : Boondooma at Easter

shrunken pojie
24-03-2009, 09:23 PM
Hi all,

We are heading to Boondooma over Easter and I was wondering if anyone has any tips for catching any of the fish that are meant to be in there? I would most like to catch a bass (or one of the barra that, according to the sweetwater site, have been stocked there), but anything is better then a doughnut (that was last years effort:'(). Wouldn't mind trying to do my part for the environment and nail a few of the Talapia that are in there now as well.

I will have access to a boat and a Hobie kayak, both with sounders while up there.

Also, is it worth taking the yabby traps with us? Would love a feed of redclaw.

Phill

Steboe
02-04-2009, 05:54 PM
Troll the stuart river through the trees, good luck

Andrew M
03-04-2009, 07:54 AM
Hi Phill

I was up there over Christmas & we got a good feed of Redclaw, used potato as bait. I caught some good fish working the points in the main basin using mostly spinnerbaits. Good luck with the trip, it's a nice dam, just beware of the Ski tribe, they think they own the place.>:(

Cheers Andrew

johno r
03-04-2009, 12:07 PM
hi phill
some good fish schooling up in the basin troll around till u find them .I have been doing good on jackall maskvib and little max blades trolled slowely. spinnerbait will work as well along the edges and points . the weather has been a pain lately sending the bigger fish down deep 18ft to 30ft , reports from campers of a lot of small stuff being cought bait and shallow lures .Im out there as ofter as i can living 10 min down the road if you see a 3.7 edgetracker with a 30hp yamaha and bowmount drop over and say hi
cheers
johno