PDA

View Full Version : Boat Registration

whiting-wizard
24-03-2009, 08:15 PM
Hello ausfishers,

I'm thinking of buying this boat tomorrow but im not sure about registration. At the moment the boat and trailer that i might be buying is registered but there registered in Nsw and i live in Queensland what will i have to do to transfer the registration?
Any help would be good
thanks

ww

russ81
24-03-2009, 08:20 PM
Hows it going mate
The boat is no dramas that will be able to have the rego swapped depending on the trailer it may need a roadworthy done on it
basically what will happen is you hand in the number plate and you will pay the full rego for the boat and trailer you will get a certificate saying you have surrendered the plates you then send that with the appropriate Nsw transport department paperwork and they will refund the unused rego

Hope this makes sense if not let me know and I will try and clarify

Russ

whiting-wizard
24-03-2009, 08:28 PM
Thank you for your help

russ81
24-03-2009, 08:30 PM
Is the trailer braked mate?

russ81
24-03-2009, 09:07 PM
I found this on my computer from when i did mine last hope it helps

Refunding registration when NSW number plates are surrendered in another State

This information applies to:
Former NSW residents who move interstate, transfer the registration of a vehicle to the new State and wish to claim a refund on the remaining portion of the NSW registration.
Interstate purchasers of a NSW-registered vehicle who wish to claim a refund on the remaining NSW registration.Note: Only the registered operator of a vehicle is entitled to a refund of the registration. Interstate purchasers of a NSW-registered vehicle must therefore transfer the NSW registration into their name, then cancel the NSW registration and register the vehicle in another State in order to claim a refund.
What you need to provide:
The NSW plate number.
The make and model, engine number and VIN/chassis number of the vehicle.
A 'surrendered number plate' receipt from the interstate authority.
Evidence of the current Certificate of Registration from the State that the vehicle is now registered in. The Certificate must be in your name and show the payment of stamp duties to the relevant State (if ownership of the vehicle is transferred).
A copy of your proof of identity (the proof of identity must match the name of the person who is now the registered operator of the vehicle).
For interstate purchasers, proof of acquisition which includes the date of sale and the purchase price (eg signed transfer details on the back of the registration form, or a receipt from the seller).Send your application for a refund to:
Manual Refunds Officer
RTA Driver Administration Section
Locked Bag 14
Grafton NSW 2460

whiting-wizard
24-03-2009, 09:49 PM
Thanks for the extra info, also the trailer isnt braked as the boat is only 4.2m with a 40hp.

White Pointer
25-03-2009, 12:40 AM
G,day,

Start with a REVS check.

www.revs.nsw.gov.au (http://www.revs.nsw.gov.au)

White Pointer