PDA

View Full Version : Stuffed trailer wheel lock

Chuck Norris
24-03-2009, 09:40 AM
Hi All,

I have one of those trailer wheel clamps securtiy devices. the one with a sort of claw that grips the rim of the tire as opposed to cover the whole thing like the klamp-it type do. Anyway been working perfectly until last weekend when i just couldn't unlock it. The key is unbent and inserts perfectly but the key will not budge an inch. Basically you just cannot turn the key! Have got into with a bucket load of wd40 but no luck. From memory it went onto the wheel without a hitch and locked in place as usual but for reasons i can't understand the lock will not turn.

Has anyone experienced this and if so do you have any ideas. I may have too give the angle grinder a go or maybe just give it a round house kick or something?

Any ideas?

thanks,

Chuck.

Noelm
24-03-2009, 10:03 AM
maybe some one gave it a bit of a work over trying to unlock it? or maybe just some d!ck head has squirted some Super glue into the lock just for "fun" that gives almost the same result, or maybe it is just broken!

peterbo3
24-03-2009, 11:09 AM
Is the claw around the tyre gripping really tight? If so, the slide arm may be jammed. Try letting out some air. That will loosen up the claw's grip & may fix the problem.