PDA

View Full Version : Service manual?

dogsbody
22-03-2009, 06:59 PM
Gday Viewers, I have been looking online for a manual for a 30 Merc 2stroke 2004 model. All I can seem to find is manuals up to 2003 for 2-250hp.

Will this suit or is there a manual more suitable for my needs?

Dave

pontificator
22-03-2009, 11:12 PM
go to your council library and see if they have a paper copy?

mercury'srising
23-03-2009, 07:37 AM
Hi Dogsbody. Try the guys at Bookworks 1800252116. I have found them very helpfull in the past. There are always cd's on Ebay, but, check the application with the seller first. I must admit that the hard copy paper version is better though. More details and more convenient when you're in the shed covered in muck.
Hope this helps.

MERCURY'S RISING WHILE OTHERS FALL

Noelm
23-03-2009, 07:43 AM
far better off to get a genuine manual for your specific Motor, most of the online stuff is just pirated poor copies and very general in coverage, also the after marlet manuals even though reasonable quality, are very generic and do not cover specific models and parts.

dogsbody
23-03-2009, 05:07 PM
go to your council library and see if they have a paper copy?

Not sure if they'll like it returned with grease and crap all over it. ;D

Nice Tower Of Power there MR.

Cheers for the heads up Noel,, almost bought one of those manuls.

Have one in the pipeline thanks to Coorparoo Marine. Just got to get serial No off motor to unsure I get the right one.

Dave

mercury'srising
23-03-2009, 07:25 PM
It sure is. Original Brownee, pre oil injection crap, in perfect nick with 350 hours on the meter. The best part is it's clipped on to a John Haines Signature 1550R special factory order (including motor) with all the goodies as only J. H. can do.

MERCURY'S RISING WHILE OTHERS FALL

Noelm
24-03-2009, 07:10 AM
AH, the old tower od power, got some stories to tell about them, some good, some bad and some quite funny (now)

dogsbody
26-03-2009, 03:42 PM
Went into CM and no manual comes up the the system for my motor.

Why is there no manual for a 2004 motor?

Any Mechanics out there that can shed some light on it?

Dave

finga
26-03-2009, 03:51 PM
Cannot help you with the manual matey but...
You've gotta love the Tower of Power hey. :D
We've only got a 90hp Blue band ;D
Cheers then
Scott :)

White Pointer
26-03-2009, 06:32 PM
G'day,

Can you post the info off the plate on the engine, please. A model code and engine number or serial number would be good.

White Pointer

dogsbody
27-03-2009, 02:50 PM
G'day,

Can you post the info off the plate on the engine, please. A model code and engine number or serial number would be good.

White Pointer

Here's some numbers WP ser no: ono34594 other no: ma30ml Jap made.

Cheers

Dave

White Pointer
29-03-2009, 10:18 PM
G'day,

I can't find a record of this engine.

Where did you get it?

White Pointer

oldboot
30-03-2009, 10:18 AM
The people selling the cd manuals on ebay do not know the real detail on what they cover.

I have a 30Hp 2 cylinder merc a bit earlier than yours ( mine is a US machine) and was told the CD manuals did not cover it... they do.

There is quite a bit of misunderstanding about some of the various minor models in that 30/40hp format. There were some different faces put on the esentialy same motor, there may be differences in the jap motor( I believe).

The CD manuals off ebay are rather cheap and.. hey there isnt much to risk.
The CD's are coppies of the genuine dealer issued article and cover a wide range of motors....if they cover the age group.. I would most surprised if they do not cover your motor.

HOWEVER

I also have the genuine paper manual and it is well worth getting it.....there is usefull stuff and detail that isn't in the CD.

A new one should cost you arround $90, if it is like mine.

I have the 2001-2008 2.5 to 250HP CD manual.
If you want to PM me some details..I can have a look.

cheers

dogsbody
30-03-2009, 03:32 PM
WP I got it from MrT's when they were at Birkdale. A boat/motor package. What sort of record should there be with motor?

Cheers OldB I've seen a 2001-2005 CD on feebay 2.5-250hp but I'm having "issues" with the seller about purchasing it.

The manual is'nt a real rush now as I've jumped in and changed my first impellor. It wasn't a big a drama as I thought it would be,, Pinch of pee. Still it would be good to get one for any probs that may arise in future.

Dave

White Pointer
30-03-2009, 09:27 PM
G'day,

I'd be inclined to write to Mercury and ask them if they can sell you a service manual for your engine. If it's out of print ask for a part number to help track one down.

Mercury Marine
Brisbane Office
85 Waterway Drive,
Coomera Queensland 4209

Regards,

White Pointer

joey_1987
03-04-2009, 09:45 AM
Where is the motor made? If it's made in Japan, then it is actually a Tohatsu 30hp and a Tohatsu manual would be applicable for this engine. Cheers.

big moose
03-04-2009, 11:43 PM
gday Dave
Its probably a rebadghed tohatsu if it says japan made try a toey dealer

regards gary