PDA

View Full Version : 3.7 edgetracker better than v nose punt

ped cairns
21-03-2009, 11:23 AM
hi there
i am 100kg and a wife around 50 when i move around tinnie she just about gets thrown out, i usally fish creeks but a lot of places i go get wind wave action getting in and out of creeks also, its ok in deep v now.
i looked at 3.7m edgetracker and it looks like a good setup between punt and deep v i need it lite to drag over sandbars etc so 80kg hull is enough.however as i have never been in one and i am wondering are they as good as they seem.

thanks for any advice

finga
21-03-2009, 12:16 PM
ye, yes they are :)
Only draw back with my tiny tinny is it's very wet inside if there's a bit of breeze and chop.
Mine is an old one though. 2000 model

ped cairns
21-03-2009, 05:06 PM
can i also add does anyone know what the new price of one would be

thanks

russ81
21-03-2009, 06:15 PM
Hows it going mate

Its not the same boat but I got a 09 4m stacer proline with cast decks and engine upgraded t the 30hp plus a few extras on the water for 10000 I know the package with no extras was 6800 I m guessing it woulkd be in that ball park new

Russ

ped cairns
21-03-2009, 08:06 PM
thanks for that russ but i have motor and trailer just the price of tinnie

BillB
21-03-2009, 09:18 PM
hi there
i am 100kg and a wife around 50 when i move around tinnie she just about gets thrown out, i usally fish creeks but a lot of places i go get wind wave action getting in and out of creeks also, its ok in deep v now.
i looked at 3.7m edgetracker and it looks like a good setup between punt and deep v i need it lite to drag over sandbars etc so 80kg hull is enough.however as i have never been in one and i am wondering are they as good as they seem.

thanks for any advice
I have got a 3.7 Stessl edgetracker that I use as a car topper. One thing you need to watch is that they do not have a very deep forefoot which translates to lack of flotation up front when you at (100kg) are pulling the anchor in. Otherwise I at (80kg) am fairly happy with it. It has a bit of a vee up front to punch through a small chop and is not as "tippy" as a deep vee when you are moving around. It has extra flotation at the rear provided by a protrusion on each chine. It is rated for 4 people on the name plate. My hull cost around $1840 a couple of years ago. Another brand called a Mako made by Nick Stessl, Alf Stessl's son, is cheaper but it had a bit less flotation at the rear. The weld quality was absolutely terrible in the one displayed which turned me off it. I have since seen Makos which quite neat welding. The Makos were a couple of hundred dollars cheaper at the time.