PDA

View Full Version : Pirtek Fishing Challenge!All Ausfisho's please HELP!

poddy mullet
18-03-2009, 12:48 PM
G"Day All Ausfisho's!

Have you all heard about the pirtek Fishing challenge? Australia's biggest fishing comp and all for charity apparently....

My question...

What do you think they will nominate as the freshwater target species for NSW??? :-/

The organisors do not notify you of the target species untill the 6pm the night before

What the NSW freshwater species will be has been a subject of much debate between me and my mates. Murray Cod, Yella's and Bass have all been thoughts, but not one species spread's from the outback to the mountain ranges and so on. We thought maybe carp, but all evidence on the website has a "catch and release" emphasis so it would appear that it's not going to be a massive carp drive either????

Any thoughts on the topic would be much appreciated!!!

Those who havn't heard about this challenge can log onto www.pirtekfishingchallenge.com.au (http://www.pirtekfishingchallenge.com.au) to find out more.

Bear001
18-03-2009, 09:29 PM
i did email the organisers to confirm that it would be a species we could target as bass are not available at our local dams (Lake Keepit, Copeton & Split Rock) they replied back that it would be a native - so Im assuming cod or yella

poddy mullet
19-03-2009, 08:28 AM
Thanks bear 001, I Hope it isn't yella, as they have already become quite hard to catch down this way-even on bait! Good luck for the challenge anyway, Cheers Pod

akman1
21-03-2009, 06:36 PM
by my reading of the rules,there are 3 target species (NSW)and if you get 1 of each youre laughing.Just my interpretation as it isnt real clear.

Ausfish
21-03-2009, 06:39 PM
http://www.pirtekfishingchallenge.com.au/images/entriesclose.gif

ryeham
31-03-2009, 05:36 PM
Are there any NQ fisho's out there entering this comp?? I'm pretty keen on doing b/c it still makes me shudder when I remember the stories my old man would tell me about his prostate checks!!

Anyone willing to speculate what the QLD target species will be??

coucho
31-03-2009, 06:50 PM
i am entering just for the fun of it as i would be fishin any way and $15 donation to prostate cancer is easy as to cover. I think its a great idea well done to the pirtek team and organisers of the event. I lost one grandfather to prostate cancer and my other one has it. But the Grand father i lost is the man that taught me to fish and one of the most admirable men I have ever meet a true gentleman.
Once again pirtek well done an admirable cause and a fantastic idea for a national comp where fishers get to target there local haunts thus not placing undue stress on one area and promoting release of fish as well by a photograhic comp is a great idea.

Lockie
03-04-2009, 07:09 AM
I've entered, don't know if I can even fish the day but what the hell good donation to a worthwhile cause. Encourage all who read this to enter even if its by way of a donation, hell its only the price of a lure!!
Lockie

Bear001
03-04-2009, 08:42 AM
I've entered, don't know if I can even fish the day but what the hell good donation to a worthwhile cause. Encourage all who read this to enter even if its by way of a donation, hell its only the price of a lure!!
Lockie

Im with you Lockie - not even sure I can get out on the water that day - but happy to enter for sake of supporting the cause.

ryeham
05-04-2009, 09:06 PM
I'm taking a gamble that I can get out on the water that day but.....if I knew I'd get out it would be called catching not fishing......ahhhhh who am I kidding I know I'm definitely fishing!!!!!

far western dan
06-04-2009, 05:42 PM
what a top idea to get people interested in the cause i live on the border of sa and nsw in the middle of no where but i registered hope it is a good day for all who get i line in the water.
9might throw a line in the dam and have a beer just cause i can.

russ81
06-04-2009, 06:09 PM
Registered last night 15 bucks and you get a brag mat and hat in return plus the chance to fish for some great prizes how could you not

jayvee
06-04-2009, 06:40 PM
only heard bout it from a mate today. in the 1 hour that followed myself and 3 other mates had signed on to fish it. top cause
cheers JAYVEE

ps. ill pay $15 to enter a comp and get a hat and brag matt with it+ raise awareness any day!!

Lockie
10-04-2009, 12:23 PM
Got my Brag mat and Cap. Good value for $15, now if I can only get out on the water....sigh!

russ81
10-04-2009, 12:27 PM
Hows it going lockie

How long did it take for them to get it out to ya?

Russ

Whitto
10-04-2009, 04:36 PM
A very necessary cause to support.....A Cap & Brag mat for $15.....Great value.....for a Great cause

Bear001
10-04-2009, 08:32 PM
Russ, mine took a good 5 working days to arrive.

Lockie
10-04-2009, 09:57 PM
Hey Russ doing good buddy. As Bear says 5 days Mate. Good Luck to all who have entered.
Cheers
Lockie