PDA

View Full Version : Wahoo, Dollies, Yellowfin

Goldfinch
18-03-2009, 11:51 AM
Once again the Tuesday post storm conditions looked awesome so myself, Adam and newcomer Mike launched from Manly at 5am. Headed across the bay in a light Sth Easterly and a bit of chop. Sth passage bar was fine and conditions outside awesome. Filled the tank with livies and started trolling for Spaniards. First spot nothing then went to 2nd spot and within 5 minutes the Saltiga went off. We gave Mike the newcomer the thrill of landing his first ever Wahoo to 12kg. Whilst cruising we saw a plank of wood in the water. Pulled up, threw out a 60gram slug and bang, onto a Dollie. Then another, then another. Then they were gone. Trolled some more and picked up a small Yellowfin Tuna and a couple of Mac Tuna's then headed back to Manly in near perfect conditions. Still no spaniards !!! Where are they? Amazing conditions on the water when you can travel at 35mph from spot to spot. Love it !!!

WARNING.....For anyone launching from the Southern Boat Ramp at Manly, on the way back into the ramp, the prop was bottoming out in the channel next to where they are dredging and putting in new marina births. Sonor showed 1.2m but it must have been only 2ft of clearance, if that. Took the new paint off my just repaired skeg!!!! Must have been from the days dredging as it was fine at 5am when the tide was even lower than when we returned.

RAT-KING
18-03-2009, 12:29 PM
Weel done awesome session!!!
the conditions look superb 2!!!

Cheers Simon

Spectre
18-03-2009, 02:05 PM
Sounds like u had a great day on the briny...sure beats workin !!!

Did u have any trouble finding livies....??
Last few visits to the usual haunts out of SP bar has produce very few livies !!!!

Cheers
Phil

lethal098
18-03-2009, 03:01 PM
not a bad effort there guys well done, that is a quality HOO. cheers lee

Goldfinch
18-03-2009, 03:47 PM
Yeh...conditions were amazing considering how average most the summer was.

Spectre.....we actually got bait very easily this time. Has been a pain in the past though. Got around 20 slimies in about 30mins with 2 people jigging. Only used half of them in the end and the rest used as dead baits or freed.

BLOOEY
18-03-2009, 06:24 PM
Nice work guys. Those wahoo look awesome fresh from the water. Possibly the smallest yellowfin i've seen landed on a line. Some nice feed there. Ben

skipalong
18-03-2009, 06:56 PM
super conditions matched with quality fish well done

cheers justin

chop duster
18-03-2009, 08:10 PM
Had similar thoughts myself ben, would make a nice skipping bait up here, should still be tasty though. Nice pic of the hoo too

Spectre
19-03-2009, 10:09 AM
Thanks Goldfinch

Will have to try a bit harder next time.....good livies sure make a difference !!!

Cheers
Phil

addobaz
19-03-2009, 11:03 AM
Those dollies sure are tasty! You must of had one smart cookie behind the wheel to spot that log. Lucky he didn't run over it, then you would of had more things to whine about than a bit of paint off the skeg.Good idea having a few casts around it though.

Goldfinch
19-03-2009, 11:54 AM
I wouldn't say the guy behind the wheel was a smart cookie but he did see the log. Hang on....it was you driving addobaz !!! I owe you a Tooheys. How was the Dollie? Mine tasted great.

brisboys
23-03-2009, 07:19 PM
The Conditions are fantastic there boys, must have been an awesome session.
Good of you to help the newcomer land his first wahoo and its a beauty too at 12kg, great size. NIce work landing the tuna and dollie.

Sam

The_Tub
27-03-2009, 04:48 PM
Gday

nice wahoo,the conditions looked great!!!