PDA

View Full Version : Rudd's Buying Me a Pressure Cleaner

kingtin
18-03-2009, 11:50 AM
Well, he's not really, 'cause I get bugger all, being on home duties, but the deckie is giving me half of her 900 to buy a gurney with a soap facility.

I've been using the supercheapo 59buck one for over 4 yrs now and it's still going strong, but I want a bit more power and soap to hammer the trailer.

Any ideas up to around $600? I notice that supercheap is only stocking Karcher now, and Bunnings only stocks karcher and Bosch............any other brands worth considering? I'm googling but personal recommend is better than google any day. Been looking at this:

http://www.justtools.com.au/prod2142.htm

Gerni Super Series High Pressure Cleaner. #SUPER 140.2 PLUSSUPER 140.2 PLUS

cheers

kev

Blackened
18-03-2009, 11:58 AM
G'day Kev

The Gerni from Autobarn. It's the domestic/light commercial style, Used to have one for the business, until I upgraded to a more commercial Gerni......but we're talking 2k for the one I have now.

Check the autobarn website, should have something there.

Dave

kingtin
18-03-2009, 12:00 PM
Thanks Dave. Was looking at a gerni mail order, as I couldn't find a stockist here. Will check out autobarn now.

kev

Blackened
18-03-2009, 12:06 PM
G'day

Kev, I think it's glenfords tools who also stock gerni.

I bought mine from their service agent, Neil at QES Electrical, He's down in capalaba.

Dave

kingtin
18-03-2009, 12:17 PM
Would I be doing the right thing? I'm told that they're made in China now and after sales and spares is a nightmare?

kev

The-easyrider
18-03-2009, 12:29 PM
I just replaced my karcher with another karcher, Got about 10 or more years out of the first one, Got used on building sites as well as home and didn't miss a beat till the end. The new one is K2.36 the old one was the same power

Blackened
18-03-2009, 12:38 PM
G'day

Kev, your call at the end of the day. Remeber L/min is more important than operating PSI. Mine's the poseidon 2....... really packs a punch and I can also get a turbo nozzle for it.

What isn't made in china these days? Lavor, maybe still italian, but not sure. Other than that do heaps and heaps of research.

Dave

TonyM
18-03-2009, 12:40 PM
In the past I've had a GMC cheapie which I replaced with a Karcher when it blew up

Karcher also died just after warranty and I replaced with a Bosch which is far better than either of the previous 2 and haven't had a single problem - bought it from Bunnings

STUIE63
18-03-2009, 12:43 PM
I've got a stihl for another brand to look at
Stuie

Krashtackle
18-03-2009, 01:03 PM
We got a good $250 Karcher from Bunnings. Hubby uses it for everything...gets the grease off the BBQ too :) Has a turbo nozzle and can add soap...

charleville
18-03-2009, 01:09 PM
Kev;

I bought the Gerni 140.2 package when it was first launched in July last year and I am very happy with it. It will cost you around $600.

Heaps of power for domestic use - have used mine extensively to blast off flaking paint prior to painting my gutters recently. It also made quick work of cutting to pieces a vine that was overtaking the house. The machine comes with three nozzles for various uses plus the patio cleaning tool that confines the water blast to under a skirted tool. (very good!) Would also recommend buying the under-mudguard right angled nozzle.

The difference between some of the models in the market are marginal once you get into the metal pump level of quality but little things like having an integral reel for the hose and the longer hose that the more expensive models have is handy.

My son also bought the Gerni 120.1 model which is much cheaper than the 140.2 package but he is very happy with that also.

Having said that, I have never owned any other machine before although I have hired the ones from the rental companies with real grunt that will (has!) blast holes in your eaves if you are not careful. However, I am very happy with the Gerni.

I bought mine from Glenfords who dropped their price when I asked but I know that Gerni is also sold by Mitre 10 and others. The accessories that come in the 140.2 package are all good except that I find the car washing brush to be a bit tedious to use. When I need some mechanical help to wash the car, I use a sponge.

BTW, the Gerni detergent is fabulous. Much cheaper in the 5 litre bottle than by the one litre but when used on the car it leaves a truly streak free finish.

Gerni have a website where all of these products are displayed, of course.

kingtin
18-03-2009, 01:26 PM
Thanks everyone and thanks Charlie....................looks like I'm going the gerni package unless something else leaps out at me.

It'd be good if some bugger stocked em though, so I could take a look before commiting...............glennfords and autobarn you have to order in..........I'll check if mitre 10 has 'em in stock.

Whatever happened to stocking an item and letting the customer see and feel it? feckin' internet has a lot to answer for ::) ;D

kev

Blackened
18-03-2009, 01:45 PM
G'day

Kev... I know it's a drive for you but i'm 90% sure capalaba autobarn has the gerni's on shelf

Dave

charleville
18-03-2009, 02:06 PM
I know it's a drive for you but i'm 90% sure capalaba autobarn has the gerni's on shelf

They did when I was looking last July but they did not show any interest in moving from the RRP when I asked - so they lost a $600 sale to Glenfords nearby.

They could also be bought pretty cheap at the Mitre 10 20% discount sale about three weeks ago so who knows, maybe Mitre 10 might play ball on price if asked.

weasel
18-03-2009, 06:30 PM
check out spit-water not a bad option

dave

poundalead
19-03-2009, 07:25 AM
Steer clear of the Bosch pressure cleaners. I bought a $400 one which gets used on building sites and it was repaired too many times before I bit the bullet and bought a cheap Karcher for 1/4 of the price. Haven't had a problem with the Karcher and it gets flogged. The Stihl one's are supposed to be very good.

Cheers Benny