PDA

View Full Version : Not happy Jan

The-easyrider
16-03-2009, 02:11 PM
xxxxxxxxxxx

backlash08
16-03-2009, 02:38 PM
every right to be cranky - as a tradie in a past life it realy annoys me that equipment isnt looked after by technicians
hope they fix it all nice for you
cheers - Craig

Dan5
16-03-2009, 03:07 PM
Mate that is ......PI$$ poor.......but how often does that kind of thing happen nowaday's?...........Just about every time you take something somewhere there's allway's a bloody issue.

We recently had a car windscreen replaced by a large Australia wide network of company's.........it leaked and they lost part's of the seal and worst of all they dented the bonnet.........there reply was "PROVE IT WAS US">:( .

Definatly make your point loud and clear to the dealer in question.

It give's me the sh!ts when you look after something and someone else who is supposed to be a "PROFESSIONAL" does this kind of thing to you.

Dan

ShaneC
16-03-2009, 03:31 PM
If your key was left on 'run', I would suggest your outboard has a few extra hours on it too.... I'd be raging!!

Steeler
16-03-2009, 03:42 PM
Hi

Sorry to hear about that,how about name and shame.If you stick to the facts i don't see a problem with this.

It just might save others on here from the same heartache and frustration.

Hope things get sorted out for you.

Cheers

Steve

The-easyrider
16-03-2009, 03:51 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Chimo
16-03-2009, 03:57 PM
Good on you ER.

Give them a chance to do a cut and polish and a refund to cover loss of value of motor with all those extra hrs before you "advertise" extras>:( that come with a service from this mob.

Very silly these places that treat customers this way, must think we don't talk to anyone! Especially silly in these times.

Good luck with your negotiations............

Cheers
Chimo

Seahorse
16-03-2009, 04:13 PM
yes u r right chimo.
very silly.
my boat due for service very soon.
will wait to see what happens easyrider.
please let us know outcome

cheers
greg

cormorant
16-03-2009, 04:25 PM
They have taken up to 30% of your battery life away from those start batteries so there is $200. Seems to be a common thing these days for some shops to leave the keys on - is this to get next sservice happening sooner?? Very sad practice indeed. Still think hour guages that work on time and not hours a average revs are a joke and con anyway.

When dropping machinery off I walk around it with mechanic and note things that need doing
Always inspect anything that has been in for service and with receipt in hand before paying I walk around with senior mechanic ticking off items done. Once they know you are going to do this everytime my stuff always looks the goods when they return it. Looks like we all have to check the hour guage as well now and I won't even mention the petrol pilfering I know has gone on in some places. Pays to keep an eye on em and get an honest one.

TimiBoy
16-03-2009, 05:10 PM
Yep, I got my tub back from a well known but no longer in Business service agent with a dead flat battery. $280 later, Jase and I were on the water. I never raised it with them, not sure why, because normally I'm a bastard like that!

Cheers,

Tim

foxx510
16-03-2009, 06:28 PM
Yeah I'd be hitting them for new batteries, leaving them dead flat does permanent damage. Doubt they will come to the party on that one though.

Mindi
17-03-2009, 07:54 AM
Befor I throw their name into the mud I am giving them a chance to make good as it could be an isolated case of a below par worker although somebody higher up proberly should be signing off on work befor handing over to paying client.

You are not throwing their name in the mud...they did that without any help from you.

cormorant
17-03-2009, 08:16 AM
Just a point as even though the key was on I think my batteries would last a month in that situation unless the stereo and a spotlight were left on. What motor drains loads of current just in the on position? Just playing devils advocate that there may be a battery or charging issue or wiring issue (short) to start with. If your sounder comes on with the battery check your tranducer is still working as out of the water they will ping themselves to death , crack cases and overheat Always good to have everything secondary switched at the helm.

The-easyrider
17-03-2009, 08:50 AM
bgbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

TimiBoy
17-03-2009, 09:10 AM
Just a point as even though the key was on I think my batteries would last a month in that situation unless the stereo and a spotlight were left on. What motor drains loads of current just in the on position? Just playing devils advocate that there may be a battery or charging issue or wiring issue (short) to start with. If your sounder comes on with the battery check your tranducer is still working as out of the water they will ping themselves to death , crack cases and overheat Always good to have everything secondary switched at the helm.

With mine - the fridge was wired to the ignition. They left it on for the weekend...

Now there is an isolator switch, done by the same folks - I explained how they had flattened my battery, and they apologised. No discount, no offer to make good. I didn't push it, probably should have...

Tim

cormorant
17-03-2009, 09:34 AM
The batteries are only 5 months old and there is no charging isssues and all acessories are inderpendently swiched

Begs the question of how they got flat unless a spotlight was on. That is a lot of amp hours to lose. Just trying to point out something is up if you get what I mean as batteries just don't drain - what else could it be?. Worth checking one hasn't dropped a cell ?

Tim - mate we have our fridge set on a house battery with a relay switch that only lets it run if the motor is on and a green led light on dash so we know . To run fridge with the fridge with the motors not running we have a dash switch ( to overide relay) and a blinking red led so we know we are using the house battery as a warning as the fridge draws a pretty big current. We try and freeze down the fridge as much as possible under motor depending what is in it, on day trips so at rest we don't have to bother with running it at rest but depends what is in it. Extra cold beer has never got complaints.

patrol50
17-03-2009, 07:12 PM
can i say that if you make u it an allegation or alledge the issue or the the name of the business - no action can be taken against an allegation as its just an allegation not a statement of fact - useful to know - radio stations and the papers make allegations all the time when the name an individual etc to cover there cheers rob

The-easyrider
19-03-2009, 08:19 PM
ccccccccccccccccccc

darylive
19-03-2009, 08:33 PM
Always good to know who to steer clear of.

Donny Boy
19-03-2009, 09:17 PM
Well, it's a bloody good job I live where I do.......because I would've torn someone a new @rsehole.

But..........don't get to have my rig looked at by such " quality " dealers.

Would you like the name of my bloke ER ??;)

Sorry to hear that saga buddy.....hope your new service agent gets it right.

catfishkid
19-03-2009, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the heads up mate,thats awfull service.I live in redcliffe and need a service on my motor soon.I know where not to go now.Its hard to believe in these economic times any service centre would act in such a way.I also dont understand how they could possibly be upset with your post on ausfish because you had not named them and were diplomatic enough to give them the opportunity to make good a bad situation without being named.once again thanks for the heads up and as an act of good faith to crew i will no longer consider them for other fishing or chandlery items.

Cheers Craig

PS has anyone used the guy on kinsellas rd at mango hill,I think they are Jeffers?

Greg P
19-03-2009, 10:02 PM
PS has anyone used the guy on kinsellas rd at mango hill,I think they are Jeffers?

Craig - good bloke, doing honest work at a reasonable price. Plenty have the same opinion of Graham and Keith

The-easyrider
20-03-2009, 09:12 AM
dddddddddddddd

TimiBoy
20-03-2009, 09:25 AM
I have just been contacted By Ian Jones Of crew Marine and been threatend with leagal action if I do not remove my posts from ausfish within 48 hours phone call received at 9.04 am 20/03/09

Just me stating the facts. If you have done that, I doubt they can do more than bluster. If they really want to spend money on it, though, you will be up for $ too, as you have to defend. You have two choices;

1) give in to their demand

2) call the bluff

I'd think no less of you if you did number 1. I would. We've all read it now, and the message is clear...

Cheers,

Tim

Jeremy
20-03-2009, 09:30 AM
thanks to easyrider for this honest account of your experience and shame on crew marine for your customer relations attitude. started looking for another job yet Ian?

PADDLES
20-03-2009, 09:35 AM
as long as you have stated exactly what happened easy-rider, i can't understand how you could be under any legal threat. you have simply given us, as ausfish members, a description of you picking up your boat from a service centre and have left it up to us to make our own decision as to their level of care. you have even included their responses to this matter in your posts.

dreemon
20-03-2009, 09:38 AM
If you have to remove the thread wait for the last minute, well over 1000 people would have read this by then,

if I treated my clients like he did to you I'd be fishing alot more. cheers

Mindi
20-03-2009, 10:07 AM
He ought to spend his time getting their act together and stop wasting it trying to bully you. Wont have my business to worry about.

cormorant
20-03-2009, 10:08 AM
What action did he refer to- slander?. Is there untruths written? What wasn't he happy with? Surely the bloke can afford a soliciter who can specify what damage has occurred and put it in writing? He of course has every opportunity to reply on here as well an correct whatever he doesn't agree with as well.

Seriously there are ways and means serious people use to get stuff written about them withdrawn be it true or not.

No advice on what to do as it depends on circumstances and detail of what has been written or said

I sometimes wonder about business these days. They have absolutely no idea that word of mouth isn't like the 15th century carrier pidgeons. The days of clients being meek little things that will only say good things about the service they receive are long gone as there is now many places to receive that same service.

All I can say is that imagine how different this would have been if the final posts said something along the lines that the company explained to me that the marks wern't done by them and that they did their best to fix them anyway, washed my boat, resolved why the batteries were flat rather than just putting a charger on all with good grace and gave me a voucher for $50 off my next service, said they would sort batteries at cost price if they died to show me that they value me as a client. Guess they wouldn't be complaining about the good review and feedback they got would they? Total cost to them is minimal and they would have got a lot of free word of mouth.

The company has a big opportunity to change the whole tone here and all it would take is a quick comment on here. Use technology don't fear it and you might want to employ a full time assistant or media moniter to search the net and every day check what is being said about you - retain that soliciter. I know what the cheaper more intellegient option is.

Just as a side note that insurance companies are very wary of claims where boats are left unattended in a insecure position and on public property- check your policy and I can't imagine a businesses insurance being too generous either.

Who believes what is written on a website anyway??

Chimo
20-03-2009, 10:13 AM
Cannot for the life of me understand how a business could allow events such as this to escalate to the level this seems to have got to without some simple and cheap actions to defuse it?

An ego issue perhaps?

Cannot be all that good for customer confidence or long term business especially in times such as these when one might have thought every customer was worth keeping and turning into an advocate. Shows how little I know about business!

Cheers
Chimo

PADDLES
20-03-2009, 10:20 AM
agreed chimo, and an act of legal bullying is not doing his pr credentials much good either.

foxx510
20-03-2009, 10:21 AM
Here's a good rundown of the defamation laws http://www.artslaw.com.au/legalinformation/Defamation/DefamationLawsAfterJan06.asp

Donny Boy
20-03-2009, 07:12 PM
Simple ER.........................Just withdraw YOUR posts...

and allow the rest of us poor unwashed to ponder as to who the various comments are about.........

We have all drawn conclusions..............but I think the cat's out of the bag by now.............& their rep will suffer as a result.

;)

jtpython
20-03-2009, 07:43 PM
With the amount of business's closing down and people beening put off around the place you would do everything to keep your clients happy and your reputation intact because if you don't well what more can you say.
Stand your ground mate
JT

Luke G
20-03-2009, 07:58 PM
Sounds like he was in the wrong in the first place, keep your post up to warn others. I know if I drop my boat in for a service I expect them to give it back to me the way I left it.

fishing111
20-03-2009, 08:00 PM
It amazes me that these dealers take the good reviews, but ark up when a not so glowing report comes in against them.They have the knowledge,as we all do in this day and age,that if dealers stuff customers around, it'll get around, as it has done in this instance.Don't know why it's deny,deny,deny ritualistic behaviour,but just once I'd like to see a dealer come on here and cowboy the f&^% up and say they were wrong, and take it on the chin.I think that would be preferred by some, as to accept blame, and make amends.

Mindi
20-03-2009, 11:01 PM
It amazes me that these dealers take the good reviews, but ark up when a not so glowing report comes in against them.They have the knowledge,as we all do in this day and age,that if dealers stuff customers around, it'll get around, as it has done in this instance.Don't know why it's deny,deny,deny ritualistic behaviour,but just once I'd like to see a dealer come on here and cowboy the f&^% up and say they were wrong, and take it on the chin.I think that would be preferred by some, as to accept blame, and make amends.

well stop being amazed....some of these people are just plain stupid. What you suggest would be good business strategy even if the complaint was unfounded...as I said...some people are just plain stupid.

marty+jojo
21-03-2009, 06:17 AM
I live two minutes from this shop, i won't be taking my boat there for any work.
Marty.

The-easyrider
21-03-2009, 10:14 AM
I would like to thank everyone for their support. The posts have now been withdrawn.
I think this thread should be left alone now and no further comment is necessary.
Regards The- easyrider

garman1
21-03-2009, 10:37 AM
In these troubles times where boat yards have been dropping like flies, if you were running a boat yard I would be wanting any posts about my business to be good posts.......................................... if there were any posts with complaints then I would want to fix them. Were all the scratches caused by them....hard to say. Were the greasy fingerprints left by them, more than likely. Was the battery switch left on by them, more than likely. Were there mistakes made, yep.......

The BIGGEST problem I see is having your boat parked, unattended in a carpark, they didn't see that SOMEONE had hooked up your boat to a car, took a battery out etc and they didn't see it and come and say "oi, who are you and what are you doing", what if YOU weren't the owner.....you could have just driven off with a boat, very cheaply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Strueth, how would they explain that to you, at least the dirty fingerprints would have gone I guess.

My boat is only a tinnie but it has two batteries, sounder, radio, fire extinguisher. When I leave my boat to be serviced I would hope it was in a secure spot.

Then to top it all off, threaten you with LEGAL action, please is this America now. I reckon you can sue them for a couple of million for reckless endangerment of your boat, your stress caused by threats of legal action, is anyone on ausfish a barrister...sorry attorney....

There is nothing like admitting a mistake and making amends to fix a "mistake", after all we are all human, but it is amazing what "pride" can do.......

When my boat needs a service "who ya gonna call".........................

Nuff said I think..........................................!

northernblue
22-03-2009, 02:25 PM
Total Knobs.

HYJACK
30-03-2009, 02:49 PM
Hey Guys,
Looks Like You Wont Have To Worry About It Any More. Crew Marine Have Announced That They Are Closeing The The Doors In 4 Weeks Time. Staff Have Been Told To Find New Jobs!!! "its Over"

Another One Bites The Dust!

Hyjack

Mindi
30-03-2009, 04:25 PM
Well it should be said that even if they treated easyrider very badly at his service, which they did... if they are actually closing then giving their customers warning and time to recover their boats is good work and much preferred to the way some boat owners were ambushed last week with locked gates at a Sunny Coast yard.

dogsbody
30-03-2009, 04:42 PM
Maybe it's because of the shoddy service.

Dave

TheRealAndy
30-03-2009, 07:17 PM
Just me stating the facts. If you have done that, I doubt they can do more than bluster. If they really want to spend money on it, though, you will be up for $ too, as you have to defend. You have two choices;

1) give in to their demand

2) call the bluff

I'd think no less of you if you did number 1. I would. We've all read it now, and the message is clear...

Cheers,

Tim

Ahh, but what can they do about quoted posts?