PDA

View Full Version : a leak ! 680

ozbee
16-03-2009, 10:02 AM
i have a fresh water leak but not salt. my first right hand locker in my patriot cabin fills up with fresh water if im out fishing and its raining . the mattress above stays dry . if its rough and i have sea spray all over the boat i get no sea water in it stays dry.:-/

bushbeachboy
16-03-2009, 10:28 AM
First up Oz, never, ever wash your boat.........

cormorant
16-03-2009, 11:35 AM
Mate that's a watermaker - don't tell anyone you got one thrown in for free! or everyone will want one. Maybe a special membrane fibreglass that have invented??

ozbee
16-03-2009, 08:20 PM
at a guess im getting upwards to 20 litres , maybe i need to drill a hole through the bottom to let it out

on the serious side there is a gap between the inside cabin wall and the exterior on the drivers side , maybe the windscreen leaks when stationary or maybe all the time except when moving it forces it back into the lower bilge . the cabin light wire comes out of that cabin locker maybe its flowing down the outside of the wire. another thought is the moulding of the instrument dash to the fibre glass.

if neither of these are the fault i will sell it the government as a desalination plant

cormorant
16-03-2009, 10:28 PM
I have used water with a little food colouring ( watch out it can stain) to track weird leaks and prove where they start. Have had window frames having blocked drain channels leak into inner / outer cabin cavity and the usual fuel fillers , rails or other fittings not put on with Sika. On a hardtop we had the GPS aerial guide heaps of water via hardtop lining into side pockets and that took up a while to find. Perfect venturi and we couldn't design a more effecient way to get xl of water through a small hole. Little hole can lead to lots of water.

Like the idea just drill down all the way and let the water out!! Ha ha

chop duster
16-03-2009, 10:36 PM
yer just put your thumb over the hole when out on the water, should work a treat!

captain rednut
17-03-2009, 07:53 PM
hi i dont know what lockers there are in a 680??? mine doesnt have one!! i know the bow rails leak around the base and it could be the gunnel rubber mould joint which ive heard of. jim

ozbee
17-03-2009, 07:58 PM
storage cabinet would be a better name under the nylon top cover with the lift out hole