PDA

View Full Version : Goldie Snapps !

rakinray
15-03-2009, 04:24 PM
G/ day all just a short report on our trip today, after a long spell on dry land we decided to warm up for the coming bottom bashing season as we didnt see much of a pelagic one !>:( With the swell dropping and a light wind forecast myself,Dan, and Luke headed out the Seaway at 6.00am to a lazy swell and not much breeze ;D Tried the bait grounds but couldnt raise a thing so headed to our spot x in 75-80 mts ne of the Seaway. Had to work really hard for them and we threw more just under size back than we kept but thats fishing ! Got the normal run of Sargent Bakers,Red Rock Cod, and vermin but all in all we enjoyed the trip. For those heading out soon the current was running but very workable. Did some trolling for a few hours but never turned a reel !:'( All in all it was good to get out and get some salt in the face ! The weather just got better as the day rolled on (for those that didnt take a chance) and it almost glassed out at lunch time. See pics.

CHEERS RAY.

skipalong
15-03-2009, 04:38 PM
great to get a feed mate, i think the waters have cooled substantially for the pelagics

justin

snagking
15-03-2009, 04:39 PM
Looks like a tasty dinner, good job!

Angla
15-03-2009, 04:52 PM
They look like top conditions. Thanks for the report. Were you just bait fishing or SP's

Chris

backlash08
15-03-2009, 04:57 PM
great to get a feed mate, i think the waters have cooled substantially for the pelagics

justin

snapper time Justin
cheers - Craig

Sandman
15-03-2009, 05:26 PM
Arh thought you might be out today :) well done looked like a great morning.

rakinray
15-03-2009, 08:23 PM
G/day again, hey Chris all fish were caught on Bait mate i have made it my mission this year to get a big Snapp on Plastic but the current is still a bit strong for them in that depth. Hey Mike i thought i would get an early one in to get the cobwebs off the B/B gear so we are all set to hit our DEEP ! spots. I have a new bit of tackle i want to trial when we hit that deep Pearlie spot soon. Will give you a call thru the week mate. You going to the tinnie show ? Talk soon.

CHEERS RAY.