PDA

View Full Version : Spare 900 bucks

garman1
14-03-2009, 09:11 AM
I have been thinking about getting a bowmount leccy for a while now, but never had enough spare cash to warrant it, but maybe thanks to captain Rudd, I may have 900 bucks to "spare".......What can you expect to get for around that price, Keeping in mind the battery as well?????? just doing some research at the moment.

rhycebullimore
14-03-2009, 09:18 AM
foot contolled or tranome mount ?

Tailortaker
14-03-2009, 09:27 AM
For $900 you will get yourself a JM Watersnake, battery and charger. pending on how big your boat is you will be able to get a 55lb bow mount with foot controll.
Alot of people knock the watersnake but I love mine, a Minn Kota with auto pilot would be great but thats a hell of alot more "spare cash"
Cheers TT

rhycebullimore
14-03-2009, 09:46 AM
$1450, motorguide footcontroll wireless everything hand remote also full three year warrenty and composite shaft the same as minnkota. no auto piolet, thats another 400 or so without wireless footcontoller ($100) from minnkota, or transome mount with head spun around to mount on front of the tinny motorguide 54lb fom memoery about 600.

Tailortaker
14-03-2009, 09:50 AM
How does $1450, plus battery and charger fit into a $900 budget?

charleville
14-03-2009, 10:25 AM
How does $1450, plus battery and charger fit into a $900 budget?

Easy - your wife will donate the balance from her Rudd cash splash.

;D;D;D;D;D

Taroona
14-03-2009, 10:31 AM
Lets help the Aussie economy by buying over seas manufactured products.

Oh, sorry that's helping some one else's economy

rhycebullimore
14-03-2009, 10:32 AM
or perhaps the money he had as he had been thinking of getting one for a while now, just throwing some prices around for the bloke trying to help him out as i have just been right through this whole process.

Kleyny
14-03-2009, 10:41 AM
Garman,
Go to the tackle and tinnie show Allround angler are going to have 54lb bouwmount watersnakes (the scissor lift ones) for $550ish. They are on the ######## website for $999.

With the rest of your money you could get a good battery and a lower end charger.

neil

Oh they dont have many so be quick

FNQCairns
14-03-2009, 10:44 AM
Lets help the Aussie economy by buying over seas manufactured products.

Oh, sorry that's helping some one else's economy

Thats true but also the markups here are silly stupid so more will stay than most other country's.

cheers fnq

garman1
14-03-2009, 11:33 AM
I didn't want to start up a hornets nest about buying australian............

If you wanted to buy only aussie food from woolies, your basket would be fairly empty, unfortunately that is the reality of it.

I appreciate all the info posted so far, my wife has her own ideas on what she is spending her money on and it has nothing to do with my boat. My budget is limited to what the govt handout is, I won't use the leccy enough to warrant spending too much on it, that is a simple fact of life........ Thanks for all the input guys

JayT
15-03-2009, 11:26 AM
Hey,
Thats a great way to spend the bucks:) how big is your boat Garry?
I have a 4.85 savage cuddy an wonder if say a 54lb watersnake model say back step mounted with the foot control so as to just slightly correct drifting an the odd bit of maybe ultra slow trolling would do the job?
We do own one on a 3.85explorer fitted with the 54lb w/snake model an that gets along at a good steady little pace but am now wondering if you can get a rail type mount for that model as ours is the swing up type an if so would I be able to mount it on my back step an raise it enough to get clearance without it fouling the water when driving normally on a step with about 300mm from top of step to water??
Any suggestions boys?
Thorpy

JayT
15-03-2009, 11:36 AM
TT, maybe a 55lb cant remember as that boats at bribie an I am in bris:)
Maybe I could answer my own theory on heights with a quick trip down the tackle shop an check it ouy hey haha
Cheers

Kleyny
15-03-2009, 12:20 PM
Hey,
Thats a great way to spend the bucks:) how big is your boat Garry?
I have a 4.85 savage cuddy an wonder if say a 54lb watersnake model say back step mounted with the foot control so as to just slightly correct drifting an the odd bit of maybe ultra slow trolling would do the job?
We do own one on a 3.85explorer fitted with the 54lb w/snake model an that gets along at a good steady little pace but am now wondering if you can get a rail type mount for that model as ours is the swing up type an if so would I be able to mount it on my back step an raise it enough to get clearance without it fouling the water when driving normally on a step with about 300mm from top of step to water??
Any suggestions boys?
Thorpy

I think i have a mental picture of your drama.

Why don't you run a aux motor bracket then attach the motor to that. From memory the aux brackets raise up a fare bit.

neil