PDA

View Full Version : Gme Mt 400 Epirbs

Pegasus_1
14-03-2009, 05:15 AM
Was down at Whitworths Albion store late yesterday (Friday 13th) and they had heaps of stock of the GME MT 400 EPIRBS. In addition, they have kept the price at $469 dollars, which is better than some of their competitors. Not advocating any particular supplier just thought for those wanting an EPIRB this information may be useful. Don’t know about their Wooloongabba store, might be worth ringing them before going.

Pegasus_1

Chimo
19-04-2009, 07:07 AM
Hi P1

My MT 400 that was 5 yrs old just had its battery replaced by GME for about $180. WhitW7ths sent my old unit to GME in Syd for the CO as you couldnt / cannot post the MT400 due to the old battery type. Not sure if thats the case with the new 6 year ones?

In fact GME replaced the whole unit as the first MT 400s had a five yr battery life, mine expired Ap 2009, with the new model MT400 with a 6 yr battery so its now good until Aug 2015.

So in the spirit of "Not advocating any particular supplier just thought for those wanting an EPIRB this information may be useful."

Cost is now $30 pa and with a unit that can get a new battery in 2015 and be good until 2021 based on the thread that Cormorant put up in March 09.

Cheers
Chimo

PS Thanks Cormorant for your input re Epirbs etc some time ago.